Author Topic: Actor Bradley Cooper Gives Troops a Surprise They’ll Never Forget  (Read 1419 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.tpnn.com/2015/01/21/actor-bradley-cooper-gives-troops-a-surprise-theyll-never-forget/

Actor Bradley Cooper Gives Troops a Surprise They’ll Never Forget
January 21, 2015 By Jennifer Burke

Bradley Cooper is making headlines for his intense and incredible portrayal of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, credited with being the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history, in the movie American Sniper. The movie officially debuted on January 16. Two days prior to the premiere, actor Bradley Cooper made a special guest appearance at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio for a special preview.

There were 260 service members and staff who participated in the special screening. Joining Cooper for the preview were two veterans Bryan Anderson and Jacob Schick, and Chris Kyle’s father, Wayne.

Wayne Kyle, veterans Bryan Anderson and Jacob Schick, and Bradley Cooper

As the movie was being shown in the auditorium, Cooper signed and handed out t-shirts and movie posters in the Institute of Surgical Research Burn Center Rehabilitation Gym for visiting patients, staff and Warrior Transition Battalion Soldiers.

Cooper transformed himself to take on the role of Chris Kyle, putting on 40 lbs of muscle and watching countless hours of film of Chris Kyle in order to portray him accurately. He said regarding the experience of playing Kyle, “I was terrified when I started. I didn’t know if I could actually get to a place where I would believe that I was Chris [Kyle].”

According to Kyle’s family, he did an amazingly accurate job portraying Chris.

Wayne Kyle also had words for the military being treated at the hospital. In thanks for their sacrifice, he said, ““I know when Bradley walked in you all were cheering wildly for him, but it’s us who needs to be cheering for you’ll. I’m not here for [Bradley Cooper], I came here to see y’all.”

He continued his praise stating, “I appreciate what each and every one of you do, each and every day. This country owes you a huge debt … we just want to be here for you.”

One wounded Marine said to Cooper, ““I feel like you are one of my brothers. I think you did really well and I just want to say ‘Thank you.’”

Chris Kyle was killed at a shooting range in the Dallas area in 2013 as he was working with veterans to help them overcome their PTSD. The story of his life, brought to the big screen due to the efforts of Bradley Cooper, who both starred and produced the film, and executive director Clint Eastwood, has broken box office records.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: Actor Bradley Cooper Gives Troops a Surprise They’ll Never Forget
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:58:33 pm »
Cooper is a GOOD MAN!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:09:19 pm »
Cooper is a GOOD MAN!

Chris Kyle was the good man, Cooper is just an overpaid actor capitalizing on a tragic event.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:23:11 pm »
Chris Kyle was the good man, Cooper is just an overpaid actor capitalizing on a tragic event.

Well....Cooper didn't have to go to Brooke Army Medical Center he obviously cares a little....he cared about this story and even produced the film...with Eastwood directing...sure he's gonna make money..he's entitled to it imho
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 10:27:44 pm »
Well....Cooper didn't have to go to Brooke Army Medical Center he obviously cares a little....he cared about this story and even produced the film...with Eastwood directing...sure he's gonna make money..he's entitled to it imho

Why did he never go before he got paid tens of millions of dollars for a few weeks of work?
Pimping his movie and following the script....

We are gushing over Cooper when the real Heros are neglected.....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:29 pm »
Why did he never go before he got paid tens of millions of dollars for a few weeks of work?
Pimping his movie and following the script....

We are gushing over Cooper when the real Heros are neglected.....

I am not pimping Cooper just acknowledging that I appreciate what he did...

As far as the real Heros I have never neglected them..being the wife and mother of Iraqi vets that will never happen...luckily by the Grace of God they came home safely..
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 10:38:26 pm »
I am not pimping Cooper just acknowledging that I appreciate what he did...

As far as the real Heros I have never neglected them..being the wife and mother of Iraqi vets that will never happen...luckily by the Grace of God they came home safely..

Sorry Mystery.. was not accusing you of pimping the moving, I was referring to Cooper....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:40:21 pm by EdinVA »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:51 pm »
Sorry Mystery.. was not accusing you of pimping the moving, I was referring to Cooper....

:kisses2:
Support the USO