Author Topic: Tea Party Says GOP Will Lose 2016 Election if Romney Is Nominated  (Read 614 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=619220

Newsmax
Tea Party Says GOP Will Lose 2016 Election if Romney Is Nominated
Saturday, January 17, 2015 04:59 PM

Tea party faithful have gathered at a South Carolina coastal resort to talk about how conservatives can maximize their influence in the 2016 presidential election.

Several possible White House contenders will address 1,500 attendees at the annual tea party convention in Myrtle Beach.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson are scheduled to speak Sunday. Former Sen. Rick Santorum and businessman Donald Trump are to speak Monday.

Many attendees say the 2016 Republican nominee must come from the conservative movement, and they predict the party will lose its third consecutive national election if the nominee is an establishment favorite like John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012.

South Carolina's first-in-the-South primary is set for February 2016, weeks after the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Tea Party Says GOP Will Lose 2016 Election if Romney Is Nominated
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 02:27:25 pm »
The Tea Party is probably right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Re: Tea Party Says GOP Will Lose 2016 Election if Romney Is Nominated
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:28:48 pm »
I strongly agree.  Republican voters don't want a candidate that belongs to the RINO/DEM country club.  That was made painfully obvious the last several election cycles.  When there is not a lot of difference between the Democratic candidate and the RINO ...how does that invigorate the GOP base?  It does quite the opposite. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.