Author Topic: “The View” Host: Showering Every Day Is “Such A White People Thing”  (Read 1426 times)

rangerrebew

“The View” Host: Showering Every Day Is “Such A White People Thing”

By Robert Gehl, January 14, 2015.

“Glee” star Naya Rivera thinks showering is for white people.

While co-hosting The View on Monday, Rivera – who is half-Puerto Rican, one-quarter black and one-quarter white – said that daily showering was something that “ethnics” just didn’t do.

“I have to say I have a theory about showering, [which] is that I think that white people shower a lot more than ethnics. I feel like showering more than once a day or every day is such a white people thing,” Rivera said.

When the audience seemed taken aback, Rivera continued: “My mom is half-black, half-Puerto Rican, and she showers every day, so I can say this. But I can say that I am now married to a white man, and he showers a lot. Like, a lot — two, three times a day. I’m like, ‘What are you doing?’”

Still struggling to recover from this bizarre statement, she went on to cite scientific studies or something. Frankly I can’t take more than 35 seconds of that show.

“Ethnics” on Twitter were none too pleased with Rivera:

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/the-view-host-showering-every-day-is-such-a-white-people-thing/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:35:35 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

I'm old enough to remember that we used to take a bath once a week (Saturday night before church Sunday morning), and the only exception was if we played in the mud and got really dirty.

(Though I'm NOT old enough to remember "throwing the baby out with the bath water"......when whole families bathed one after the other, oldest to youngest, in the same tub, same water.... )

I think showering every day isn't a 'white' thing.  It's a 'new' thing.

And probably unnecessary.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

btw, this is a very odd talk show discussion............ even for the View......... 

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EdinVA

Small minds, small topics..
Nothing more important in the world than this?

Offline Millee

btw, this is a very odd talk show discussion............ even for the View.........

How is this show entertaining to anyone????   :wtf:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm old enough to remember that we used to take a bath once a week (Saturday night before church Sunday morning), and the only exception was if we played in the mud and got really dirty.

(Though I'm NOT old enough to remember "throwing the baby out with the bath water"......when whole families bathed one after the other, oldest to youngest, in the same tub, same water.... )

I think showering every day isn't a 'white' thing.  It's a 'new' thing.

And probably unnecessary.

LOL! Same here!

We got a bath every Saturday whether we needed it or not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Showers seem more efficient than baths. Why sit in your own dirty water?

Shower quickly once per day, after aerobic exercise and perspiration.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

“My mom is half-black, half-Puerto Rican, and she showers every day, so I can say this. But I can say that I am now married to a white man, and he showers a lot. Like, a lot — two, three times a day. I’m like, ‘What are you doing?’”
So her non-"white" mother showers every day, but that's NOT a white people thing.  :shrug:   Her white husband showers more than once per day. Perhaps he engages in quite a bit of physical/athletic activity and needs to shower after each sweaty event ... or he's OCD. In either case, he's hardly the norm, so why does she feel the need to spew this baseless - and irrelevant - generalization?

Seriously - who cares about showering habits among the various ethic groups? Get a freakin' life.   :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

“My mom is half-black, half-Puerto Rican, and she showers every day, so I can say this.

Here's another one who reserves a right for herself that she will not grant to others.

Is that just a liberal thing or mostly a liberal thing?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

LOL! Same here!

We got a bath every Saturday whether we needed it or not!

Yep.  Bathed together when we were itty bitty kids, got our own bath when we got older, but always on Saturday night! 

Wouldn't it be nice if life were so simple now??