Author Topic: Muslim call to prayer to sound at Duke University  (Read 722 times)

Offline flowers

Muslim call to prayer to sound at Duke University
« on: January 14, 2015, 04:20:46 pm »
http://www.wral.com/muslim-call-to-prayer-to-sound-at-duke-university/14353003/

Durham, N.C. — A weekly call to prayer for Muslims will be heard at Duke University starting Friday, school officials said.

Members of the Duke Muslim Students Association will chant the call, known as adhan or azan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower each Friday at 1 p.m. The call to prayer will last about three minutes and be “moderately amplified,” officials said in a statement Tuesday.

“The adhan is the call to prayer that brings Muslims back to their purpose in life, which is to worship God, and serves as a reminder to serve our brothers and sisters in humanity,” said Imam Adeel Zeb, Muslim chaplain at Duke. “The collective Muslim community is truly grateful and excited about Duke’s intentionality toward religious and cultural diversity.”

Ever creeping sharia.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Muslim call to prayer to sound at Duke University
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 04:39:32 pm »
College age kids will think this is wonderful because the poor Muslims have been such victims of "backlash".  The indoctrination is complete.  Time to start corraling the sheeple at the slaughterhouse - they will follow willingly.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:49:03 pm »
Do you know if Duke lets a Christian church have prayers on campus?

Well of course. Try ringing Church bells and see what happens. The ACLU, which has become 'Sharia-ized', will be on your ass in two seconds. The Church should sue to be able to ring Church bells based on this blatant pro-Islam bias.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:50:55 pm »

I do not know about that, but I'd bet if they do - they have to do it in a non-conspicuous place, and they probably aren't allowed to "recruit".  I hope I'm wrong, but when a kid isn't allowed to bring a Bible to school - how is this allowed?  A rhetorical question, I already know the answer to that!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 05:16:41 pm »

Try making a 3-minute, moderately-amplified appeal to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ on a weekly basis and see what happens...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 05:33:31 pm »