Author Topic: Silence of the Lamb  (Read 1422 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Silence of the Lamb
« on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:35 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/01/silence_of_the_lamb.html

January 12, 2015
Silence of the Lamb
By Patricia McCarthy

If anyone has had lingering doubts about whether or not President Obama is a weak leader, those doubts have been obliterated by his pathetic response, or non-response, to the terrorist attacks in Paris.  He could hardly be bothered to comment, let alone muster any passion  or anger.  As usual, the administration's oh-so-carefully constructed "statements" were nothing but calculated blather, cleansed of any word that might be misconstrued as blame on the perpetrators or Islam.

Worse than his wishy-washy verbal comments is his failure to show up, or send a representative of the administration to the massive rally in Paris in support of the victims of those attacks.  Yes, the terrorist-defending Eric Holder was in the vicinity but only to spew out more of the same drivel Josh Earnest and Obama  produce; words designed to be so thoroughly inoffensive to anyone they are meaningless to everyone.

What did he do instead?  He watched football games on television.  Neither he nor Biden had anything on their schedules.  How do we explain this level of irresponsibility, this refusal to grasp the gravity of the situation on the world stage?   Is he afraid for his own safety?  Did we twice elect a complete coward to the presidency?  Maybe so.  Or does he simply think such brutal attacks on innocents are somehow deserved and that we must learn to accept them as a consequence of the reach of American power?  Who can forget his oft-quoted line, "The future will not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."  That would seem to imply his bias in favor of  the jihadis.

Just how low is this president prepared to go?    How embarrassing is it that the United States gave so little serious thought to yet more bloody  proof that Islamic terrorism is on the rise and not at all in a "JV' way.  Obama's pathetic appeasement and preference for "leading from behind" has become an international tragedy.  His denial of the obvious, much of it his own doing,  is catastrophic for the world, not just for the United States.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Silence of the Lamb
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:14:06 pm »
It infuriates me, he has diminished America so much, here and on the world stage.  Damn him and the people that follow him!  There is blood on all of your hands and I am not-so-patiently waiting for fate to deal with you.  May you get what you so richly deserve!

**nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:44:15 pm »
It infuriates me, he has diminished America so much, here and on the world stage.  Damn him and the people that follow him!  There is blood on all of your hands and I am not-so-patiently waiting for fate to deal with you.  May you get what you so richly deserve!

**nononono*

I think it's great that he's responsible for his undoing.  In that sense, I'm smiling that he didn't attend.

Just hope that the average world citizen understands that Obama is an aberration and that once a Republican is sitting in the Oval Office, Jan 2017, America can reverse Leftist attitude and get back to being that shining light on a hill.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 08:28:11 pm »
Just hope that the average world citizen understands that Obama is an aberration and that once a Republican is sitting in the Oval Office, Jan 2017, America can reverse Leftist attitude and get back to being that shining light on a hill.
Sadly, they don't. Most of them supported Obama's election and his re-election. Why? Because a shining light on a hill, to them, is a target to be toppled.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »
I think it's great that he's responsible for his undoing.  In that sense, I'm smiling that he didn't attend.

It's the average "American" citizen that I'm worried about.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 12:21:17 am »
Chicken? Maybe. Jackass? Sure. Lamb? Not so much.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:52 am »
A hypothetical.

Would Reagan, or Clinton, or GW, or a Pres. Romney, or virtually any modern president other than that incompetent party boy currently despoiling the the office of presidency have said, "The future will not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam?"

Or, would they have likely said, "The future will not belong to those who would kill children for the prophet of Islam?"

No need to answer. Rational, decent peoples of the world know the answer.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 02:51:45 pm »
A hypothetical.

Would Reagan, or Clinton, or GW, or a Pres. Romney, or virtually any modern president other than that incompetent party boy currently despoiling the the office of presidency have said, "The future will not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam?"

Or, would they have likely said, "The future will not belong to those who would kill children for the prophet of Islam?"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 07:09:44 pm »
A hypothetical.

Sorry but uhh, Reagan packed up the tents from Beirut.
Clinton tossed a couple of missiles into a tent and killed a camel.
"W" praised the "Religion of Peace".

Obama is just another in the chain.  John and Jane Q. didn't give a flyin'.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 09:21:49 pm »

That's being intellectually dishonest, IMO.

The fact is no other President in modern times would never think to utter such a sentence....is the point.

What makes it so much more poignant is that the internet and YouTube has made the planet much 'smaller', and the daily violence and atrocities are suffocating us.  And even THAT isn't sufficient for Obama to speak out against it.

I would actually like to see him take the Presidential Oath with his right hand on the BIBLE.  Right now today wouldn't be too soon.

First time he "botched" it....and supposedly repeated in in private. (I wonder if it was amended).

Didn't he screw up the 2nd Oath too?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 10:17:46 pm »
That's being intellectually dishonest, IMO.

The fact is no other President in modern times would never think to utter such a sentence....is the point.

What makes it so much more poignant is that the internet and YouTube has made the planet much 'smaller', and the daily violence and atrocities are suffocating us.  And even THAT isn't sufficient for Obama to speak out against it.

I would actually like to see him take the Presidential Oath with his right hand on the BIBLE.  Right now today wouldn't be too soon.

First time he "botched" it....and supposedly repeated in in private. (I wonder if it was amended).

Didn't he screw up the 2nd Oath too?

I just don't pick and choose between degrees of failure.  Communism is a day at the beach considering what we're facing now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 02:33:05 am »

Oh, that's reaching pretty far, onc.....

There is no way you can compare even the feckless coward, Bill Clinton, to the overt enemy of America and lover of Islam, Barack Hussein Obama.

As for Bush's statement that Islam is a "religion of peace" ....... there was this little thing that happened on 9/11, and a lot of anger over it that required a cool head and a calming spirit.  You know that Bush fought Islamofascists and understood that they were evil.

And Reagan's mistake in Lebanon doesn't put him in the same category either.

I agree with DC.  This comparison is intellectually dishonest.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 02:59:31 am »
Oh, that's reaching pretty far, onc.....

There is no way you can compare even the feckless coward, Bill Clinton, to the overt enemy of America and lover of Islam, Barack Hussein Obama.

As for Bush's statement that Islam is a "religion of peace" ....... there was this little thing that happened on 9/11, and a lot of anger over it that required a cool head and a calming spirit.  You know that Bush fought Islamofascists and understood that they were evil.

And Reagan's mistake in Lebanon doesn't put him in the same category either.

I agree with DC.  This comparison is intellectually dishonest.

The reasons were different but the end result was the same, they didn't foresee the full threat.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 03:33:17 am »
The reasons were different but the end result was the same, they didn't foresee the full threat.

OK.  I can agree with that aspect of what you said.  We did fight the war under Bush, but with a lot too much PC thrown in.

And Reagan........ who knows why he ignored the problem in Lebanon?  Preoccupied with Communism, perhaps....

But both of them, good men who understood evil.  Just, perhaps, not the depth of it in the 'religion' of Islam.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.