Author Topic: Media Discovers Cuba Doesn’t Actually Have to “DO” Anything in Deal with Obama  (Read 547 times)

rangerrebew

Media Discovers Cuba Doesn’t Actually Have to “DO” Anything in Deal with Obama

By Onan Coca   / 10 January 2015   / 2 Comments   

This is just more evidence that President Obama has been the worst foreign policy dealmaker in the history of American politics. The media is just now getting around to figuring out that the deal the White House just made with Cuba seems incredibly one-sided. In fact, it doesn’t seem like Cuba actually has ANY responsibility in the deal at all! Matt Lee of the AP seemed flabbergasted upon realizing this…

The pertinent part of the video starts at 44:28

MATT LEE, ASSOCIATED PRESS: Well, the problem that I’m having with this, though, is that you say that the last 50 years of policy has been broken because it didn’t do anything. But then you announce that it’s changed, and within a week or two weeks of the announcement that you’re going to change your – fundamentally change, alter the relationship that you’ve had with Cuba, not only can you not confirm that the 53 people that they said they would – the political prisoners – said that they would release, you can’t confirm that they have been released; but one of the very first things the Cubans do afterwards is continue to arrest dissidents. So if the policy was broken for 50 years, the change in policy doesn’t seem to have fixed it.

JEN PSAKI, STATE DEPARTMENT: Well, Matt, our view was never that the changes would take place and be implemented with a matter – in a matter of weeks. This has, as you noted, been decades of a broken policy.

QUESTION: Yeah. But --

MS. PSAKI: It’s going to take a long time to change it.

QUESTION: Okay, all right. So is the release of the 53 confirmable publicly from you a prerequisite for Assistant Secretary Jacobson going down there and having these talks to start normalization?

MS. PSAKI: A prerequisite? No, this is a --

QUESTION: So the Cubans don’t have to actually --

MS. PSAKI: These are --

QUESTION: -- do anything?

MS. PSAKI: Matt, no. This is something they have agreed to. I would point you to them for any updates on the number of people or if people have been released. There are migration talks that have been scheduled for some time. Obviously, this is a different, a unique – or not unique, but a different set of circumstances given the announcements in December.

QUESTION: Well, I’m sure that these prisoners would like to migrate out of their jail cells, right? So is that not – the Cubans don’t actually have to follow through on their promise to release the 53 in order for the --

MS. PSAKI: That’s part of what was agreed to, Matt. I don’t have any other announcements on that front to make. Anything more on Cuba?

QUESTION: Yes.

MS. PSAKI: Cuba?

QUESTION: On the dissidents who were arrested, re-arrested --

MS. PSAKI: Yeah.

QUESTION: Arrested, temporarily detained, and then arrested again.

MS. PSAKI: Mm-hmm.

QUESTION: At what level did the U.S. raise this with the Cuban Government?

MS. PSAKI: I don’t have any details on that. I can see if there’s more we have to offer.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/13706/media-discovers-cuba-doesnt-actually-anything-deal-obama/#LSFSBSTikhW82LXj.99

Offline aligncare

So, the AP is finally getting a clue? No!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?

Well, I'll be darned.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So, the AP is finally getting a clue? No!?!?!?! Really?!?!?!?

Well, I'll be darned.

That'll be the day!!!  LOL!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
People have said that Obama is the worst negotiator ever in the history of the United States, but I disagree.

He is not the worst negotiator because he does not negotiate at all. He is like a used car salesman who gets a bonus on quota. Obama just wants cars off the lot, and let the owner worry about profit.

What I mean by that is that Obama wants 'something', whatever it is, and he just does it.

"I'm going to empty Gitmo." And it is done, no matter what.
"I'm going to normalize relations with Cuba." And it is done, no matter what.
"I'm going to do a deal with Iran." And it is done, no matter what.

Since Obama doesn't really care about his job, or about America, and since he is never challenged or criticized about anything he does, he does not have to be bothered with consequences like a normal person would be.

He gets a notion in his head, most likely from Jarrett, and he does it. He doesn't really care what the outcome is, or what the 'deal' is; he only cares that he "got it done". That is the most important thing to him.

It is not that he is a bad negotiator. It is more that he simply does not care what the other guy does. In his mind, they are just tools to advance 'his' agenda.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:35:03 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.