Author Topic: Obama to GOP: 'I'm still around'  (Read 896 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to GOP: 'I'm still around'
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:54:29 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-to-gop-im-still-around/article/2558374

Obama to GOP: 'I'm still around'
By Brian Hughes | January 8, 2015 | 1:58 pm

President Obama had a clear message Thursday for Republicans predicting his political demise in 2015: “I’m still around.”

In a housing speech in Phoenix, Obama needled conservatives who accuse him of ignoring the message voters sent during disastrous midterm elections for Democrats in November.

"I know there's some folks in Washington that wish I'd be in space for a year,” Obama said, drawing a parallel to NASA astronaut Scott Kelly, the brother-in-law of former Democratic Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords, who the president met with before the speech, on the fourth anniversary of her shooting. “But I'm still around. I have some work to do.”

Obama’s housing speech was day two in a nationwide blitz to promote his State of the Union ideas, part of a broader attempt to champion recent economic gains.

The president focused primarily on his unilateral move to reduce mortgage costs for many first-time homebuyers. His administration is reducing annual mortgage premiums by 0.5 percentage points from 1.35 percent to 0.85 percent for Federal Housing Administration loans, which Obama says will save the average American family $900 a year.

"I’m going to take a new action to help even more responsible families buy their first new home,” Obama said. “We’ve got to stay at it.”

However, Republicans counter that the move is fiscally irresponsible and that the government’s role in the housing sector should be further reduced.

Obama lately has demanded more credit for a rebounding economy, with the unemployment rate below 6 percent and his administration predicting additional gains on the horizon. Democrats have criticized the White House for not effectively selling the president's economic prescriptions.

Aware of those concerns, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro took direct aim at critics while introducing the president Thursday.

“History has shown,” Castro insisted, “that he’s been right and they’ve been off base.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

Re: Obama to GOP: 'I'm still around'
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:49 pm »
He's like lint in the dryer.  That's always around, too.  It doesn't have to tell you it's still around, though.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:07:51 am »
"I know there's some folks in Washington that wish I'd be in space for a year,” Obama said

Does this derisive punk ever tell the truth???

EVER??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 12:25:47 am »
He's like lint in the dryer.  That's always around, too.  It doesn't have to tell you it's still around, though.

Like bubble gum stuck to your shoe sole! You cna't ever forget it's there and no matter what you do you can't get it all off!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:26:21 am »
Does this derisive punk ever tell the truth???

EVER??

No! Doesn't know how!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 12:29:13 am »
Obama, in space for a year?

No: forever, and heading away from Earth at warp speed.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 12:31:19 am »
Obama, in space for a year?

No: forever, and heading away from Earth at warp speed.

Will somebody please photoshop Obama into this photo!   :beer:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:31:54 am by Carling »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 12:58:43 am »
Obama just may be the most classless man EVER to infest the oval office. He is a stain on the presidency.

And the morons who voted for him, especially the second time, should be ashamed of themselves.

'Nuff said.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 12:59:28 am »
Will somebody please photoshop Obama into this photo!   :beer:

Okey-dokey.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 02:07:20 am »

Okey-dokey.

HAHAHA!

Thank you!  I'm using it, if you don't mind.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 02:12:37 am »
"I know there's some folks in Washington that wish I'd be in space for a year,” Obama said

Actually, Sparky we're all hoping it'll be for two years.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 03:42:47 am »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 03:58:30 am »
Bigun wrote above:
[[ Like bubble gum stuck to your shoe sole! You cna't ever forget it's there and no matter what you do you can't get it all off! ]]

Only in Obama's case, it's like sumthin' else stuck on the bottom of my shoe!

Phew!