Author Topic: Pollster Pat Caddell: One-Third of GOP ‘Hanging by a Thread from Bolting’  (Read 1309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/05/pollster-pat-caddell-one-third-of-gop-hanging-by-a-thread-from-bolting/

by Robert Wilde 5 Jan 2015Washington, DC

Fox News contributor and Democratic pollster Pat Caddell told Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon that up to one-third of Republicans are ready to call it quits as members of the GOP.

“The alienation among Republican voters is so high,” says Caddell, that conservatively “a quarter to one-third of the Republican party are hanging by a thread from bolting.” Caddell argues that GOP voters’ attitudes are “so anti-establishment,” and they give Republican leadership poor ratings.

The revelation comes on the heels of polling data supervised by Caddell Associates and reported on Friday by Breitbart News that a stupefying 60% of Republicans who voted in the November elections either definitely or probably want someone other than Ohio Congressman John Boehner to be the Speaker of the House.

Caddell, who sharpened his teeth as a political consultant and pollster for President Jimmy Carter in 1976, has developed a reputation for being a straight shooting analyst, often criticized by his own party for predicting negative outcomes for Democrats.

His latest poll shows that Republican voters are reaching a tipping point and may have had enough of GOP lawmakers’ feckless leadership and constant submission to President Obama’s policies.

A frequent guest on the Breitbart News Sunday Sirius XM Patriot radio program on channel 125, Caddell said that he will be releasing a new survey on Monday of 600 Republican identifiers or independents who voted Republican in November. In what Caddell refers to as a “stunner,” only 16% want “both” Boehner and imminent Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to be their leaders.

Moreover, according to the survey, two-thirds agreed with the statement that “John Boehner has been ineffective in opposing Obama.”

Another stunner for Caddell was when voters were asked, “Is John Boehner for average Americans in his heart, rather than for special interests?” Only 44% said yes, and 43% said no. “We’re talking about the base. These are not independents that are leaning Democrat, and there are no Democrats in the survey,” the pollster noted in astonishment.

Breitbart’s Chairman asked Caddell “does the math show you that there could be an uprising and could the GOP go the way of the Whig Party?” (The Whigs elected two presidents in the mid 19th century, and at one time, claimed Abraham Lincoln as a member, but quickly disappeared from the political landscape over slavery issues.)

Caddell answered by reminding Bannon that the estimate that one-quarter to one-third are hanging on by a thread is a conservative one. He explained:

The GOP leadership, the lawyers, the lobbyists, the consultant class of the Republican party, and all the big donors don’t understand that these people are angry. … They are saying that John Boehner doesn’t care about them, and all he cares about is the special interests. I’ve never seen anything like this in the base of a party. And that is why the analogy to the Whigs is not so far-fetched.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
The GOPe is about to send the party the way of the Whigs.  Then they'll just merge what is left with the Democrats.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online andy58-in-nh

I hope it doesn't happen.

But the truth is that we conservatives are tired of getting slapped around by our so-called leadership, and then told to shut up and enjoy the cheap flowers they send us the morning after.  As though we don't know they're sleeping around with the guys they only pretend to dislike, but secretly envy their powerful connections.

Boehner's an invertebrate. McConnell would go down on the nearest lobbyist for a bundled pledge.

The difference between them and the Democrat leaders they've replaced is that they're not cruel or crazy. Just corrupt and morally neutral.

So, do we dance with the ones who brought us, or leave the party alone?

At what point does self-respect finally demand us to choose?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
3rd Party.  TEA is alive and well.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Oceander

The democrats so desperately want this to happen.

Offline speekinout

Maybe it is time for the Tea Party to split from the GOP. The establishment candidates won nearly every one of the primaries, and part of their sweeping win in Nov. was probably due to the fact that they didn't have any Akins or Angles in the races. The Tea Party would like to run more of those candidates, but the establishment sure wouldn't.

And the Tea Party is certain to be unhappy with this GOP Congress. For a prime example, it is very doubtful that Congress will try to pass a bill repealing 0bamacare. Repealing it without a replacement will hurt more Americans than it would help. The ins. cos. could not go back to the old policy systems even if they wanted to.  Even more people would be uninsured than were before the whole fiasco started. So the only responsible thing for Congress to do is to repeal and replace, even if it takes multiple bills and even more than one year to finish. The Tea Party will be livid at that.

Let the Tea Party find a leader and a plan they can support (I have yet to see a plan of action from any Tea Party politician). The next year leading up to a Presidential primary could be a good time to compare not only goals (the establishment and the Tea Party have many goals in common) but also strategies for how to implement those plans.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy asks:
[[ So, do we dance with the ones who brought us, or leave the party alone?
At what point does self-respect finally demand us to choose? ]]

That point will arrive when smart folks like you stop saying, "I hope it doesn't happen", and instead start pushing for the "replacement party". I mean what I said.

Caddell figures 33% by reason of his polling.
I'm wondering if there aren't more [registered Republicans] who -- even though they presently won't commit to the idea -- would actually bolt if a credible alternative arose? Say, 10-15% ? Perhaps more?

Now let's just suppose that there was also a hunk of right-leaning "independents" who could be coaxed into this new party as well...

No, there's no hope a budding third party could win in 2016, because the vote would get split between it and the Republicans, the democrats would win, easily.

But -- if the Republican candidate drew a vote total not much more than the "new party" candidate -- or if the Republican vote was neck-and-neck, or even lower -- I predict that by 2020 we'll see a mass abandonment of the party and a shift towards the new party, a la the end of the 1850's.

Of course, the "new Republican majority" can forestall such a scenario by actively opposing the president and the democrats at every turn. If they refuse -- if it's just "business as usual, only now we control the Senate as well", they're going to pay a price in the election (or elections) to come. One that is well-deserved...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Maybe it is time for the Tea Party to split from the GOP. The establishment candidates won nearly every one of the primaries, and part of their sweeping win in Nov. was probably due to the fact that they didn't have any Akins or Angles in the races. The Tea Party would like to run more of those candidates, but the establishment sure wouldn't.

And the Tea Party is certain to be unhappy with this GOP Congress. For a prime example, it is very doubtful that Congress will try to pass a bill repealing 0bamacare. Repealing it without a replacement will hurt more Americans than it would help. The ins. cos. could not go back to the old policy systems even if they wanted to.  Even more people would be uninsured than were before the whole fiasco started. So the only responsible thing for Congress to do is to repeal and replace, even if it takes multiple bills and even more than one year to finish. The Tea Party will be livid at that.

Let the Tea Party find a leader and a plan they can support (I have yet to see a plan of action from any Tea Party politician). The next year leading up to a Presidential primary could be a good time to compare not only goals (the establishment and the Tea Party have many goals in common) but also strategies for how to implement those plans.

???No plan of action? Ted Cruz ring a bell?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/20/politics/cruz-vision-for-republican-congress/index.html

http://www.redstate.com/diary/WOSG/2011/09/09/ted-cruz-a-12-step-plan-to-get-america-working/

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-the-world-is-on-fire-2014-12

http://www.ontheissues.org/Economic/Ted_Cruz_Government_Reform.htm

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-epic-speech-obama-is-making-america-a-kitty-cat-2014-8

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/10/19/ted-cruz-republicans-election-congress-priorities-jobs-obamacare-column/17267261/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-has-a-plan-to-oust-americans-who-join-isis/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Oceander

A DNC wet-dream if ever there was one.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What great luck for the GOPe that those disaffected Republicans waited until after the elections to "bolt."  Really crappy timing for the thread hanging saps.

This the same rat pollster who kept telling us the polls were skewed towards Obama in 2012 and Romney was a shoe in.  I don't trust rats, even when they tell me what I want to hear on Hannity, Cavuto, O'Rielly, and Fox and Friends.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I hate these long good-byes

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/10/the-conservative-war-on-the-gop/280637/
The Conservative War on the GOP
What was once an uneasy alliance between Tea Partiers and Republican loyalists is increasingly marked by hostility—and many on the right now want a divorce.
Molly Ball Oct 17 2013

On his radio show recently, Glenn Beck urged his listeners to “defund the GOP.” Sarah Palin has threatened to leave the Republican Party; Rush Limbaugh calls it “irrelevant.” The Senate Conservatives Fund has targeted mainly incumbent Republican senators for defeat. Erick Erickson, one of the right’s most prominent commentators, wonders if what's coming is “a real third party movement that will fully divide the Republican Party.”

Conservatives have declared war on the GOP.

Tired of feeling taken for granted by a party that alternately panders to them and sells them down the river, in their view, Tea Partiers and others on the right are in revolt. The Republican Party itself is increasingly the focus of their anger, particularly after Wednesday's deal to reopen the government, which many on the right opposed. Now, many are threatening to take their business elsewhere.

“Conservatives are either going to split [from the GOP] or stay home,” Erickson, the influential editor of RedState.com and a Fox News contributor, told me. “They’ll first expend energy in primaries, but if unsuccessful, they’ll bolt.”
 :scared smiley:

So bolt, or bring me a chicken pot pie.
I heard this threat before sweetie. :s.w.a.k.: