Author Topic: MIT scientist: If current rates continue, by 2025 one out of every two children born in the United States will be diagnosed with autism  (Read 2703 times)

rangerrebew

by  Marni Fogelson-Teel, 12/29/14
filed under: health & body, kids health, toxins

MIT research scientist and author Stephanie Seneff has studied autism for almost a decade, and her recent presentation regarding rising autism rates included a dramatic and controversial prediction. Seneff believes that if current rates continue, by 2025 one out of every two children born in the United States will be diagnosed with autism –  and she links the rise with the increased use of Monsanto’s weed killer Roundup and its active ingredient glysophate. Additionally, she notes that exposure to heavy metals (such as mercury and aluminum, found in vaccines) are also a likely factor, especially in conjunction with glysophate. Heavy use of Roundup began in 1990 and has increased ever since. Autism has seen a similar rise in that time period.

Although there are numerous genetic and environmental factors that are believed to contribute to the development of autism, Seneff believes the use of Roundup is a crucial link (especially considering how many children with autism have biomarkers indicating excessive glysophate in their bodies), and other concerned environmental and parent groups are agreeing with her. Glysophate has been found in dramatically high levels in breast milk in the United States (up to 1000 times higher than what is allowed in drinking water in Europe), people in 18 different countries have been found to have glysophate in their blood, and urine testing has also shown that glysophate levels are 10 times higher in the U.S. than in Europe.

RELATED | Broccoli Sprout Extract May Help Treat Autism Symptoms

Monsanto replied to the concerns by saying that humans don’t have the shikimate pathway that glysophate disrupts and inhibits, and therefore should not be affected by Roundup. Seneff rejects this claim, explaining that bacteria (the good kind that is found in our guts) do have this type of pathway, and Roundup is disrupting it and destroying the healthy bacterial environment. Seneff also believes glysophate is responsible for producing a leaky gut, which numerous sources believe children with autism have. If this chemical really is the main culprit, we need to make a change and quickly: glysophate has been the most commonly used active chemical ingredient in pesticides for over 10 years.

- See more at: http://www.inhabitots.com/mit-scientist-links-autism-to-monsantos-roundup-and-predicts-half-of-u-s-children-will-be-autistic-by-2025/#sthash.H49i8cZR.dpuf

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Oh goody, another Monsanto hit job. (I guess they are the bogeyman of the day, Halliburton has gotten out of style). I guess the scientist can explain why rates of Autism are higher in Denmark and the Netherlands who have banned Roundup?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Oh goody, another Monsanto hit job. (I guess they are the bogeyman of the day, Halliburton has gotten out of style). I guess the scientist can explain why rates of Autism are higher in Denmark and the Netherlands who have banned Roundup?

How long has it been banned there? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline ABX

How long has it been banned there?

It hasn't, that's the point. Countries with just as high or higher rates of Autism like Denmark have banned it which is a good indicator to rule out that being a cause.

rangerrebew

Oceander

Apparently either the author, or the "scientist" doesn't know what s/he is talking about, because the ingredient in Roundup is glyphosate, not glysophate.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Notice she is also blaming vaccines.  That has long since been disproved, but is still pimped by the anti-vaccine crowd.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Notice she is also blaming vaccines.  That has long since been disproved, but is still pimped by the anti-vaccine crowd.
The anti-vaccine crowd is and will be responsible (needlessly) for deaths.

I asked my doctor. Then went ahead and got my flu shot, my pneumonia shot, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

The anti-vaccine crowd is and will be responsible (needlessly) for deaths.

I asked my doctor. Then went ahead and got my flu shot, my pneumonia shot, etc.

It's already beginning to result in some of the old terrors showing up as more and more misguided parents refuse to vaccinate their children.  It will be much more than just a crying shame if we end up going back to the "good old days" of quarantines for polio and small pox.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
It's already beginning to result in some of the old terrors showing up as more and more misguided parents refuse to vaccinate their children.  It will be much more than just a crying shame if we end up going back to the "good old days" of quarantines for polio and small pox.

Thankfully smallpox has been eliminated in the wild, but polio is just one border hopper away from reestablishing itself in the US.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

Thankfully smallpox has been eliminated in the wild, but polio is just one border hopper away from reestablishing itself in the US.

It has very little to do with borders.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sloppy reporting - aluminium is not and has never been a heavy metal.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

Sloppy reporting - aluminium is not and has never been a heavy metal.

If it were, I suppose we'd have Aluminum Maiden instead of Iron Maiden!

Offline ABX

The real sad part about this is how many seemingly rational people I know and see all over the web buying into all of this garbage pushed by Natural News, Mercola, Food Babe, and many other wacked out pseudoscience bloggers. I even have a State rep, usually a pretty rational guy, pass along some of this stuff lately along with some Chemtrails are facts garbage.

If we lose our liberty and country, I believe it will be in part because we've gone collectively insane and lost all rational thought. What was once only looked at as very fringe thoughts are becoming the norm among more and more.

Almost makes one want to petition to have Thorazine dumped in the water supply. (yea, here comes the conspiracy theory at that suggestion).

Offline olde north church

If it were, I suppose we'd have Aluminum Maiden instead of Iron Maiden!

That was quite the haw-haw!   8888crybaby
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

The real sad part about this is how many seemingly rational people I know and see all over the web buying into all of this garbage pushed by Natural News, Mercola, Food Babe, and many other wacked out pseudoscience bloggers. I even have a State rep, usually a pretty rational guy, pass along some of this stuff lately along with some Chemtrails are facts garbage.

If we lose our liberty and country, I believe it will be in part because we've gone collectively insane and lost all rational thought. What was once only looked at as very fringe thoughts are becoming the norm among more and more.

Almost makes one want to petition to have Thorazine dumped in the water supply. (yea, here comes the conspiracy theory at that suggestion).

It's not the Thorazine, it's the flouride dammit!  When the politicians stop drinking bottled water, I will stop drinking bottled water.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.