Author Topic: POLL: REPUBLICAN VOTERS OVERWHELMINGLY WANT MEMBERS TO REMOVE BOEHNER AS SPEAKER  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Great post.  I couldn't agree more.

I get a huge kick out of the "Water's World" segments in O'Reilly's show. They're funny as all get out.

Sadly, those people are the norm, not the exception.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I get a huge kick out of the "Water's World" segments in O'Reilly's show. They're funny as all get out.

Sadly, those people are the norm, not the exception.
Many of them don't vote anyways.  I don't condemn anybody who is content, and ignoring their civic responsibility to be informed.  Life is too short to waste time voting in ignorance.  Some stupid people actually know they are stupid...they have made all the wrong choices in life...and know they would make the worst choice

I turned my cable off last year.  Fox News is the only thing I miss.  I watch most of my TV shows on my laptop.  I get most of my information from the web and twitter and a bit of talk radio and podcasts. 

This is a wonderful time to be alive if you desire to be entertained.  80 years ago one had to go to a theater in town to watch a movie at a time picked by the Theater.  50 years ago families would huddle around a TV at a set time to watch a must see series.  30 years ago you could record a show on VCR to watch later, but the tape quality would degrade rapidly after a few uses.  Today I can watch TV on my phone, tablet, laptop, or internet connected widescreen TV...and when I want to watch it.

It's a great time to be alive for news junkies too.  I used to have to stay up late to watch Nightline, or Rush's TV show because I didn't have a VCR at the time.  listen to the radio from 11-2 for Rush.  Go buy news papers and news magazines.  Now I can see almost anything on Youtube and web sites.  Including Water's World which I had not seen before.  Thank you for turning me on to it.

I really like that split diamond symbol to represent conservative and liberal ideologies.  I think it might be more accurate if you widened the angle of the top and bottom and graduated the red and blue color to merge into redish purple and blueish purple nearer the center.  And there could be more space between the 2 triangles to represent the center that doesn't vote on ideology.

I have tended to look at the American electorate as a bell curve with the center at the top most middle point, but your design is better.