Author Topic: Holiday Inspiration: Gary Sinise Gives All for Wounded Vets  (Read 565 times)

rangerrebew

Holiday Inspiration: Gary Sinise Gives All for Wounded Vets
« on: December 27, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »
Holiday Inspiration: Gary Sinise Gives All for Wounded Vets

"Supporting our nation's defenders and first responders is a privilege and a responsibility."

12.24.2014 |

News

| Trey Sanchez |

In the spirit of the holiday season, actor Gary Sinise, along with his Gary Sinise Foundation, is wishing supporters well with a new video that highlights the many ways they are giving back to America's defenders and first responders.

From converting homes and building new smart homes to better accommodate wounded veterans, to serving tens of thousands of meals to freedom fighters prior to their deployment, the Gary Sinise Foundation has been there every step of the way to offer full support to honor those sacrifices.

But the foundation does even more than that. Sinise, an accomplished bass player in his own right, and his band, the Lt. Dan Band, perform hundreds of concerts every year to entertain the troops, boost morale, and garner support to help them when they return from service.

Sinise has been a long time supporter of the military. According to the video, Sinise set up a program in 1984 at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago that set aside the first performance of every play to be seen by veterans free of charge. That program is still going strong today and has spread to the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles. They hope to add even more theaters to the program in 2015.

Here is a holiday note of thanks from Gary:

Dear Friends,

With the holidays here, I want to extend my personal thanks.

We have never forgotten that it is you, our supporters, that makes the Gary Sinise Foundation's outreach possible. That's why I invite you to watch our latest video. It offers a glimpse of all the positive changes you're helping to make possible in the lives of our nation's defenders and their families.

I can't tell you what a privilege it has been to see the Gary Sinise Foundation grow. Never did I imagine we would accomplish all we have-and so quickly.

As we gather with loved ones, I know you'll remember the sacrifices made every day by America's defenders to ensure our safety and freedom. I hope that I can count on your support once again.

May God bless you and yours this holiday season.

Your pal,

Gary

Below is the encouraging and heartwarming video that shows the full gamut of the foundation's outreach:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/holiday-inspiration-gary-sinise-gives-all-wounded-vets
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:51:32 pm by rangerrebew »