Author Topic: Defiant health chief says ObamaCare will win day at Supreme Court  (Read 817 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/227964-defiant-health-chief-says-obamacare-will-win-day-in-court

By Sarah Ferris - 12/23/14 11:29 AM EST
Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell is taking a defiant stance against the upcoming court challenge to ObamaCare that threatens to unravel the administration's healthcare law.

If successful, the lawsuit could cripple the healthcare law by denying billions in federal subsidies provided to consumers to help pay for premiums.

Burwell faced a barrage of questions from reporters on Tuesday about how the administration is preparing states for the worst-case scenario but repeatedly declined to discuss what could happen if the suit is successful.
“We believe we are in a place where our argument and our position will prevail,” she told reporters.

“I think anyone can create any kind of hypothetical in life and in policy. I think what we’re focused on now is the law of the land,” she said.

She declined to say whether the administration had a contingency plan for the potential loss of $64 billion in subsidies, adding: “I’m going to stick with where I am."

The Supreme Court announced in November that it would take up the subsidies case, surprising many court-watchers and healthcare experts.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Defiant health chief says ObamaCare will win day at Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 08:49:59 pm »

Gruber's admission notwithstanding, the SCOTUS will find a way to uphold Obamacare...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 12:18:29 am »
Gruber's admission notwithstanding, the SCOTUS will find a way to uphold Obamacare...

NSA and FBI files tend to make people vote a certain way.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 04:05:44 am »
[[ Defiant health chief says ObamaCare will win day at Supreme Court ]]

Maybe he knows sumthin' that we don't.

About information the White House has on members of the Supreme Court...

(ah, AtomicCow, you beat me to it, but I'm postin' anyway!)