Author Topic: LISTEN to Marco Rubio’s fantastic interview with Mark Levin on Cuba  (Read 1044 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

LISTEN to Marco Rubio’s fantastic interview with Mark Levin on Cuba

http://therightscoop.com/listen-to-marco-rubios-fantastic-interview-with-mark-levin-on-cuba/

This is very good.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: LISTEN to Marco Rubio’s fantastic interview with Mark Levin on Cuba
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:56:54 am »
That this Communist Muslim apostate of a President should one week promote his immigration ideology based on the unfairness of keeping a segment of the population marginalized by denying them legal status after their illegal entry, then on his next breath promote the idea of cementing in place indentured servitude for an entire nation, both actions based on nothing more than wanting to leave his mark on history is truly mind boggling.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:57:22 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 05:01:17 am »
CASTRO TO POCKET 92% OF WORKER SALARIES FROM FOREIGN COMPANIES
By FRANCES MARTEL19 Dec 2014

Just one day before President Obama announced sweeping changes that would allow potential American investment in Cuba, the Cuban government apparently had begun preparing itself by announcing new measures that would allow Cubans who work for foreign companies to keep only 8% of their salaries.

In an official announcement in state newspaper Granma, government officials announced a system in which employees who work for corporations with foreign capital will be paid two Cuban Pesos for every Convertible Cuban Peso (CUC) the corporation actually pays them. The Convertible Peso (CUP) is almost exclusively for the use of tourists and is of significantly greater value; one CUC is the equivalent of an American dollar and the equivalent of 26.5 CUPs. The other 24 CUPs Cuban workers will not receive amount to 92% of their salaries.

Granma explains:

The payment will now be agreed to with businesses possessing foreign capital taking into consideration the salaries issued to workers in jobs of similar complexity in entities in the same area or sector of our geographic area, the salary scale that is applied in the country (as a reference point) and some additional payments for the corresponding law.

In other words, even if a foreign company has the means to pay more than a Cuban company, the worker will receive the same salary as if he were working for a Cuban company, and the government will pocket the rest.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/12/19/castro-to-pocket-92-of-worker-salaries-from-foreign-companies/
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 05:03:48 am »
That this Communist Muslim apostate of a President should one week promote his immigration ideology based on the unfairness of keeping a segment of the population marginalized by denying them legal status after their illegal entry, then on his next breath promote the idea of cementing in place indentured servitude for an entire nation, both actions based on nothing more than wanting to leave his mark on history is truly mind boggling.

Indeed Luis.  But seriously, how many of our neighbors grasp it?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 06:09:32 am »
Rubio: Strong on democracy and freedom. Strong against Cuba and the feckless Obama doctrine of appeasing dictatorial regimes across the globe. Check. I like what I'm hearing from the senator.

PS. I'm disappointed in Rand Paul's tacit support of Obama on Cuba. At some point, even an isolationist must take a stand against a repressive, military regime like Cuba's in our own backyard.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:25:47 am »
I struggle with how Cuba differs from China, Russia or Vietnam.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:57:58 am »
I struggle with how Cuba differs from China, Russia or Vietnam.

They're no different essentially, we're morally wrong in all instances. Being wrong on all those instances that you mentioned doesn't make what's going on with Cuba right. It just makes us consistently wrong.

This is like thinking that raping Jane is OK since you raped Debbie, Carla and Ruthie without consequences.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:00:01 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 07:05:00 am »
Our own back yard. We have humanitarian and political interests involved. People risk their lives to escape Cuba. Significant numbers of political refugees live in South Florida. We have a long time commitment to supporting democratic governments and opposing soul stealing dictatorships.