Author Topic: Krauthammer’s Cuba Take: ‘Is There No Tyrant in the World Obama Will Not Appease For Nothing?’  (Read 754 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/394938/krauthammers-cuba-take-there-no-tyrant-world-obama-will-not-appease-nothing-nro-staff

Krauthammer’s Cuba Take: ‘Is There No Tyrant in the World Obama Will Not Appease For Nothing?’
By NRO Staff
December 17, 2014 6:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mrpfgD7Ues

Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer lamented the Obama administration’s decision to open formal relations with Cuba on Wednesday, pegging it as part of a broader trend and wondering whether there’s any tyrannical or anti-American regime to whom he won’t grant one-sided concessions.

On Fox News’ “Special Report,” Krauthammer explained how even President Obama himself once understood that the embargo against Cuba was designed as leverage to push Cuban democratization. “There was not an ounce, there was not an inch, there was not a suggestion of an opening here,” he said.

The columnist noted that time and again — from Russia and missile defense to Iran and nuclear sanctions — the Obama administration seems determined to surrender in negotiations with autocratic regimes.

“Is there no tyrant or anti-American center in the world that Obama will not appease for nothing in return?” Krauthammer asked. “If you get something in return I’d be willing to listen. I haven’t seen anything.”
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:16:58 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The simple answer to Krauthammer's question is nope! Not a one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Dr. K's question sums up the entire situation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

Okay, I think it really was about time they opened up to Cuba.  There is no less corruption in Cuban Miami than in Cuban Havana.  There is no less murder in Cuban Miami than in Cuban Havana.  Mafia Havana would have cleared out the Castros in less time than the failed U.S. embargo policy.
How many American Presidents danced to the Cuban tune?  How many candidates danced to the Miami Rhumba?
This may actually work out for the Republicans in the long run when more Cubans, pissed off at Obama and by extension the Democrats, put Florida back into the Republican column.  I would make a comment about Menendez but that would really be below the belt --- Godfather Senator in Havana ---.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/12/18/krauthammers-chilling-question-is-there-no-tyrant-obama-will-not-appease-166290#ixzz3MFkJwPKL

Krauthammer’s chilling question: Is there no tyrant Obama will not appease?

December 18, 2014 by Wayne Dupree

Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer joined the “Special Report” panel Wednesday night and expressed disappointment in the Obama administration’s decision to open formal relations with Cuba.

First, Krauthammer noted that this action by the president is an about-face from where he stood in 2008. At that time, then-candidate Obama wanted to maintain the embargo on Cuba as a means of leverage so that the country would to move towards a government that promotes human rights.

Krauthammer frustration was summed up in one devastating question:  “Is there no tyrant or anti-American center in the world that Obama will not appease for nothing in return?”

Host Bret Baier also quoted long-time critic Sen Bob Menendez, D-N.J., on Obama’s decision to trade three Cuban spies held by the United States for an American aid worker held by Cuba as a poor move internationally.

“Trading Mr. Gross for three convicted criminals sets an extremely dangerous precedent,” he added. “It invites dictatorial and rogue regimes to use Americans serving overseas as bargaining chips. I fear that today’s actions will put at risk the thousands of Americans that work overseas to support civil society, advocate for access to information, provide humanitarian services, and promote democratic reforms.”

video at link

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Simple answer is NO! Not a one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien