Author Topic: Five GOP immigration myths  (Read 407 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Five GOP immigration myths
« on: December 15, 2014, 03:12:43 pm »
Laila Hlass
The Boston Globe
December 15, 2014

On Nov. 20, President Obama announced an executive action on immigration to provide temporary protection ("deferred action") from deportation and permission to work for some parents of United States citizens and legal permanent residents. The order also expands the existing "DACA" program benefiting the so-called DREAMers -- high achieving young people brought to the United States as children. These two programs could affect up to 5 million unauthorized immigrants living in the United States.

The outcry from Republicans over Obama's plans has been deafening. Congressional Republicans responded by holding a hearing to rail against the program. They've threatened a range of next moves, from defunding US Citizen and Immigration Services to impeachment. On Dec. 4, the House voted largely along party lines to pass a bill attempting to block the executive action ...

Laila Hlass is a law professor at Boston University.
More

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Five GOP immigration myths
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:16:21 pm »
Sorry but this is a blatant propaganda piece from the Boston Globe!

Every one of their so call myths is, in fact, anything but a myth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien