Author Topic: Why do you think Al Qaeda has failed to attack US in 13 years? CIA chiefs launch vehement attack on torture report, accusing Senate of 'cherry-picking' evidence in 'one-sided and error-strewn' inquiry  (Read 983 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2868148/Why-think-Al-Qaeda-failed-attack-13-years-CIA-chiefs-launch-vehement-attack-torture-report-accusing-Senate-cherry-picking-evidence-one-sided-error-strewn-inquiry.html

Why do you think Al Qaeda has failed to attack US in 13 years? CIA chiefs launch vehement attack on torture report, accusing Senate of 'cherry-picking' evidence in 'one-sided and error-strewn' inquiry

Six former CIA Directors and Deputy Directors condemn torture report
    Published 2,500 word rebuttal and launched website to counter criticism
    Ex-officials argue CIA's interrogation program 'saved thousands of lives'
    Claim Osama Bin Laden was tracked down and killed as a direct result
    Rebuttal comes amid growing criticism of the Senate Committee report

By John Hall for MailOnline

Published: 05:52 EST, 10 December 2014 | Updated: 09:06 EST, 10 December 2014

Six former CIA Directors and Deputy Directors have launched a scathing attack on the Senate, accusing it of 'cherry-picking' evidence for a report claiming agents tortured Al Qaeda suspects.

Branding the inquiry 'one-sided and error strewn', the ex-officials argued that the CIA's interrogation program in fact 'saved thousands of lives' by leading to the capture of senior Al Qaeda operatives.

Among the terrorists killed as a direct result of the controversial techniques, the former officials said, was Osama Bin Laden. This claim contradicts earlier statements that suggest 'enhanced interrogation techniques' had no role in tracking down the late Al Qaeda leader.

The rebuttal comes amid growing criticism of the report for downplaying the usefulness of the interrogation program, failing to interview any key CIA personnel, and claiming that the CIA mislead government officials about its actions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2868148/Why-think-Al-Qaeda-failed-attack-13-years-CIA-chiefs-launch-vehement-attack-torture-report-accusing-Senate-cherry-picking-evidence-one-sided-error-strewn-inquiry.html#ixzz3LW6hkwYB

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One of the very first acts of the incoming Republican Senate in January should be a vote that repudiates this report and expunges it from the record (if such an action is possible)...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One of the very first acts of the incoming Republican Senate in January should be a vote that repudiates this report and expunges it from the record (if such an action is possible)...

I don't think TREASON can be undone!

Kinda like trying to unring a bell!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

SPQR

Dianne Feinstein is out of the Senate committee chair on intelligence in January. This was just a last minute smear tactic. This was probably leaked from her office.The CIA methods has worked and not only there has not been no attack in 14 years and Osama Bin Laden is dead.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:22:49 am by Trigger »

SPQR

A person can file a FOIA request with the CIA and ask to see the files. I doubt that they will get far because the redactions. They are probably being shredded.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:19:53 am by Trigger »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The depth of this administration's hypocrisy is astounding.

They defended the failed stimulus and called it a success by arguing that without it, the recession would have been worse, but the report they released yesterday claims that the absolute lack of 9/11-like attacks since 9/11 have nothing to do with the CIA's actions.

In both instances, their arguments are based on something that never happened, and as such, it is unchangeable since it amounts to soothsaying.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:15:26 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The depth of this administration's hypocrisy is astounding.

They defended the failed stimulus and called it a success by arguing that without it, the recession would have been worse, but the report they released yesterday claims that the absolute lack of 9/11-like attacks since 9/11 have nothing to do with the CIA's actions.

In both instances, their arguments are based on something that never happened, and as such, it is unchangeable since it amounts to soothsaying.

It is astounding.  They get away with it too, because the media rarely calls them on it.  Things are bad, bad, bad - and I still have liberal friends that send me lists of the things Obama has made "better" - of course, they are all based on outright lies. 

Willful ignorance and breathtaking hypocrisy!     :thud:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

It is astounding.  They get away with it too, because the media rarely calls them on it.  Things are bad, bad, bad - and I still have liberal friends that send me lists of the things Obama has made "better" - of course, they are all based on outright lies. 

Willful ignorance and breathtaking hypocrisy!     :thud:

They also dismiss the fact that Obama has killed terrorists (and innocent civilians) with drone strikes.

I guess for them, blowing a terrorist to bits is morally superior to making them uncomfortable enough to reveal information about future plots to kill us.

It IS astounding.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.