Author Topic: Wife Of Eric Garner Denounces Black And White Animosity While Sitting Next To Al Sharpton  (Read 393 times)

rangerrebew

Wife Of Eric Garner Denounces Black And White Animosity While Sitting Next To Al Sharpton

"It wasn't like it was a shock - they knew..."

Justin Koski — December 8, 2014

While many in the streets of Ferguson and across the nation are beating the race baiting drums after the decisions to not indict the police officers in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases, Garner’s wife, Esaw, appeared on Meet the Press with host Chuck Todd and Al Sharpton to speak her mind about her husband’s death.

After Todd opened by saying that her husband’s death has become “the face of bias” for the police force, Mrs. Garner countered by saying that she doesn’t believe race had anything to do with his death. She, like her daughter, Erica Garner, chose not to buy into the racial fire that some are trying to stoke.

“I feel that he was murdered unjustly,” Mrs. Garner said. “I don’t even feel like it’s a black and white thing, honestly. You know, in my opinion. I really don’t feel like it’s a black and white thing.”

“I feel like it’s just something that he continued to do, and the police knew, you know. They knew. It wasn’t like it was a shock – they knew. You know, they knew him by name.”

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/wife-of-eric-garner-denounces-black-and-white-animosity-while-sitting-next-to-al-sharpton/#vIcMkhGzTpR5teBB.99

rangerrebew

I wonder if Sharptongue told her after the show she doesn't know anything about being black?