Author Topic: KING: HOW CAN MEMBERS VOTE TO FUND EXECUTIVE AMNESTY AND TAKE OATH TO UPHOLD CONSTITUTION?  (Read 2392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/02/King-How-Can-Members-Vote-to-Fund-Executive-Amnesty-and-Take-Oath-to-Uphold-Constitution

by CAROLINE MAY  2 Dec 2014

There is a sentiment among some conservative lawmakers that they cannot vote to allow any funding for president Obama’s executive amnesty, Rep. Steve King explained to Breitbart News Tuesday.

“I really think there is a core position that is forming among conservatives that says ‘I will not vote to fund the president’s unconstitutional, lawless act,’” King said as he left a House Judiciary hearing on Obama’s executive actions.

House GOP leaders Tuesday morning presented members with the idea of a government funding strategy — dubbed a "cromnibus" — that would fund the majority of the government through September 2015 but fund the Department of Homeland Security for only a short amount of time, so the newly-elected Congress can decide how to handle it early next year.

According to King, even a short-term funding of immigration related services, largely enacting Obama’s executive orders for the time being, would be too much.

“We take an oath to uphold the Constitution and we’ll be asked to take another oath as early as January 6. So how do you vote to fund the president’s lawlessness and then about three weeks later step out on the floor of Congress and take an oath to uphold the Constitution, how do you go home and say, 'I took my oath, I kept my oath, and I’m going to take it again?” he asked.
King added that there are a number of lawmakers who likely feel the same way.

“It’s kind of a yes or no thing where I stand,” he said. “Either you’re going to fund his lawless act or your not. So I don’t have a count and I don’t have my own judgement. I just have other members that have been talked in the term of several dozen.”

Meanwhile on the Senate side, Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said Tuesday he could support the House leadership’s strategy. He told The Hill newspaper: “That would be a big accomplishment if we could get a bill over here that would fund all the appropriations subcommittees except for one.”

Senate conservatives, including Rep. King, are pushing back against the idea of any funding for executive amnesty and called for a bill that thwarts the orders.

“A funding bill that blocks amnesty is the best, smartest way to do this, and I hope they realize this in the first go around before they send a bill to the Harry Reid Senate that funds amnesty,” Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) said. “Make no mistake, sending a bill to the Senate without first making an attempt to include defund language is telling the American people that you support Obama’s executive amnesty.

That would be a slap in the face to the voters who sent a message last month by electing Republican majorities in Congress.”
Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) added the current Republican plan is not enough.

“The executive amnesty language is substantially weaker than the language the House adopted this summer, and does not reject the central tenets of the President’s plan: work permits, Social Security, and Medicare to 5 million illegal immigrants—reducing wages, jobs, and benefits for Americans.” Sessions said going on to argue that Congress “must respond to the President’s unlawful action by funding the government but not funding illegal amnesty.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Republicans are going to screw the pooch and wreck all the goodwill that voters are now giving them.

If Boehner has to rely on Democrat votes to get a funding bill, he should do it. DO NOT SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT, no matter what Rush Limbaugh says.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well I am listening to Rush right now as I assume you are....I agree with Rush..we just won a landslide victory to stop Obama and the Repubs should do it!...and stop listening to what the MSM telling us what we should do!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline flowers

Well I am listening to Rush right now as I assume you are....I agree with Rush..we just won a landslide victory to stop Obama and the Repubs should do it!...and stop listening to what the MSM telling us what we should do!
yep

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Following November elections, the newly elected should take over immediately. That would obviate this nonsense scenario.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

I'm not a lawyer.  I haven't played one on TV.  I didn't stay at a motel last night.  There is something I recall though regarding contract law which may pertain.  I found this:

"A county legislative authority is generally prohibited from entering into contracts that bind the future legislative actions of the county.  The application of this principle depends upon a distinction between actions that are legislative in nature and those that are merely administrative or proprietary.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/AGOOpinions/Opinion.aspx?section=archive&id=29784#.VH9VwaTF_3o

Now THAT would be the "real" Nuclear Option.  But considering it would be a funding power of Congress ....  :pondering:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline sinkspur

Rush is not a very good political advisor.  He lives in a bubble and thinks, like some here, that Obama and Democrats can be made to take the blame for a shutdown.

THEY NEVER HAVE AND THEY NEVER WILL.

There are other ways to do it, like this one right here:  http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/393870/how-gop-can-shut-down-obamas-amnesty-order-not-government-deroy-murdock.

Rush thrives on controversy.  The GOP should not do the very thing Obama wants them to do, which is shutdown the government.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Did we elect a Republican Congressional majority to engage in a food fight with Obama, or to govern?

We just spent six years watching Obama and Reid do whatever they wanted to do, and we're supposed to now spend the next two years doing whatever Obama wants us to do?

Congress should spend the next two years writing solid legislation and putting it on Obama's desk for his signature. Let him be the obstructionist from now until his last miserable day in office. Do not allow him to set the Congressional agenda.

Someone needs to explain the difference between Congress and the Jerry Springer Show to Rush.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:34:02 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Did we elect a Republican Congressional majority to engage in a food fight with Obama, or to govern?

We just spent six years watching Obama and Reid do whatever they wanted to do, and we're supposed to now spend the next two years doing whatever Obama wants us to do?

Congress should spend the next two years writing solid legislation and putting it on Obama's desk for his signature. Let him be the obstructionist from now until his last miserable day in office. Do not allow him to set the Congressional agenda.

Someone needs to explain the difference between Congress and the Jerry Springer Show to Rush.

He needs fresh material.  He can't survive without conflict.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Repubs campaigned on stopping Obama...they all said in their primaries that *they got the message*...apparently they didn't...

We once again took them on their word...shame on us!...it won't happen again.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Rush is not a very good political advisor.  He lives in a bubble and thinks, like some here, that Obama and Democrats can be made to take the blame for a shutdown.

THEY NEVER HAVE AND THEY NEVER WILL.

There are other ways to do it, like this one right here:  http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/393870/how-gop-can-shut-down-obamas-amnesty-order-not-government-deroy-murdock.

Rush thrives on controversy.  The GOP should not do the very thing Obama wants them to do, which is shutdown the government.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

And How can THAT be determined?  It seems to me that someone would have to act on Rush's advice and see what happened before that could be determined!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The Repubs campaigned on stopping Obama...they all said in their primaries that *they got the message*...apparently they didn't...

Sigh...

They haven't even been sworn in yet.

GHW Bush wasnt good enough.

We got Bill Clinton.

Dole wasn't good enough, so Bill Clinton became the first Democrat President to be re-elected since FDR.

John McCain wasn't "good enough".

We got Obama.

Romney wasn't Christian enough or good enough, so we got four more years of Barry.

Waiting for "good enough" seems to do little more than bring about "worse" on a pretty consistent basis.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:00:34 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

I think there's a big difference between "stop him" and "IMPEACH HIM!"  most people lack a basic understanding of this Constitutional Republic.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And How can THAT be determined?  It seems to me that someone would have to act on Rush's advice and see what happened before that could be determined!

It would seem to me that we should wait until Congress has been sworn in before we write them off as useless.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sigh...

They haven't even been sworn in yet.

GHW Bush wasnt good enough.

We got Bill Clinton.

Dole wasn't good enough, so Bill Clinton became the first Democrat President to be re-elected since FDR.

John McCain wasn't "good enough".

We got Obama.

Romney wasn't Christian enough or good enough, so we got four more years of Barry.

Waiting for "good enough" seems to do little more than bring about "worse" on a pretty consistent basis.

I was a good little Repub and voted for all those losers hoping the rest of the party would unite and do the same....and here we are.
Support the USO

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I think there's a big difference between "stop him" and "IMPEACH HIM!"  most people lack a basic understanding of this Constitutional Republic.

We stop Obama by taking from him the ability to control the debate and the narrative. Right now, we're letting him set both.

The National Debt jumped the $18 trillion mark. What are we talking about?

What Obama and the democrats want us to talk about.

The 2014 deficit is going to settle in at a nice $648 billion. The highest of any year before Obama took office.

What are we talking about?

What Obama wants us to talk about.

He signed a meaningless EO.

What is the exact difference between the day before he signed it and the day after?

Absolutely none.

There were millions of people here illegally, working and living their lives undisturbed because nothing was being done about their stay the day before his EO, and there remain millions of people here illegally, working and living their lives undisturbed because nothing is being done about their stay the day after the EO.

How about we let the GOP govern without being strangled by impossible and unrealistic demands from the "base"?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I was a good little Repub and voted for all those losers hoping the rest of the party would unite and do the same....and here we are.

It wasn't those of us who voted for them that got us here.

It was those who DIDN'T vote for them that did that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It wasn't those of us who voted for them that got us here.

It was those who DIDN'T vote for them that did that.

Yep...
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It would seem to me that we should wait until Congress has been sworn in before we write them off as useless.

I have said the exact same on another thread but it is quite clear, to me at least, that the NEW congress is going to have to overcome their own leadership in order to make any substantive changes in the ay Washington works possible.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I have said the exact same on another thread but it is quite clear, to me at least, that the NEW congress is going to have to overcome their own leadership in order to make any substantive changes in the ay Washington works possible.

So, you're writing them off as useless before they're sworn in.

P.S. Haven't we all had enough of that "change" crap for one lifetime?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So, you're writing them off as useless before they're sworn in.

P.S. Haven't we all had enough of that "change" crap for one lifetime?

The people I'm talking about have been sworn in many times before are are quite happy with the way things currently work inside the beltway. I'm decidedly NOT happy with the way things currently work inside the beltway! So no! We have not had enough change! Not nearly enough in fact!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

There isn't going to be much that they will be able to do if the current POS 'leadership' agrees to give 0bama a blank check for all of FY 2015.  There is no good reason for them (current Congress) to do anything beyond a 30-60 day CR, that would actually give the 114th Congress an opportunity to get back to regular order (but of course we know that the scumbags Boehner & McConnell have no interest in that at all).

I really hope that the next two years opens more peoples' eyes to the reality of the current 'republican' party.  Basically it is time to wake the F up!!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There isn't going to be much that they will be able to do if the current POS 'leadership' agrees to give 0bama a blank check for all of FY 2015.  There is no good reason for them (current Congress) to do anything beyond a 30-60 day CR, that would actually give the 114th Congress an opportunity to get back to regular order (but of course we know that the scumbags Boehner & McConnell have no interest in that at all).

I really hope that the next two years opens more peoples' eyes to the reality of the current 'republican' party.  Basically it is time to wake the F up!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sinkspur wrote above:
[[ Rush is not a very good political advisor.  He lives in a bubble and thinks, like some here, that Obama and Democrats can be made to take the blame for a shutdown.
THEY NEVER HAVE AND THEY NEVER WILL. ]]

Nope, sinkspur and I'm callin' you out on this one.

The democrats certainly DID "take the blame" in the last election, did they not?

And this was after you -- the leading hyena of the "a shutdown can only hurt the Republicans" crowd -- had touted that again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again (had enough?).

The Pubbies shut the government down, and guess what -- they won, and THEY WON BIG TIME.

Seems like the American people (at least Euro-Americans) "came around" this time, and started voting in their own interests.

The folks want the Republicans to "stop" Obama and the democrats.
If the Pubbies put forth a budget that the Obammunists claim must "shut down" the government, let them do it, for as long as they want.

The Republicans should pass a new budget law EVERY DAY, and forward that to the president. Let him keep vetoing them.

We'll see who looks like the obstructionist before the American people.

Have at it!