Author Topic: Conservatives Top 2016 Target: John McCain  (Read 861 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conservatives Top 2016 Target: John McCain
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:33:40 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/11/30/Conservatives-Top-2016-Target-John-McCain

Conservatives Top 2016 Target: John McCain
by Dan Riehl 30 Nov 2014, 1:36 AM PDT

While the primary politics of 2016 may not afford movement conservatives a great many opportunities to take on establishment Republicans in primaries, there si one notable exception.

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) will be 80 years old, if or when he stands for re-election. On top of that, he's the establishment Republican many conservatives lov3e to hate most and there are reasons to think he's vulnerable. Issues-wise, he's weak on immigration, the Bush tax cuts and cap and trade. There also appear to be viable challengers, should McCain opt to not retire, as many either wish, or believe he should.

Reps. Matt Salmon and David Schweikert are two high-profile potential recruits that conservatives have been eyeing for some time; back in April, Citizens United Political Victory Fund released a robopoll showing McCain trailing both congressmen—and behind Salmon by double-digits—in hypothetical matchups. Schweikert, for his part, has already said he would "weigh his options" over the holidays and look to polling numbers for guidance.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Conservatives Top 2016 Target: John McCain
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:59:32 am »
As usual the Breitbart conservatives are working very to defeat Republicans.  Andrew would be ashamed at what his website has changed into. 

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:38:04 am »
As usual the Breitbart conservatives are working very to defeat Republicans.  Andrew would be ashamed at what his website has changed into.

Andrew Breitbart fought for conservative principles, something which are completely foreign to people like you and John McCain.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 02:28:20 am »
If they pick someone who's good to go after McCain, or replace him if he retires, then great; if they run another idiot simply because that idiot makes the right noises with his/her mouth, then not so good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 02:34:17 am »
That's odd. I thought Harry Reid was the conservatives' top 2016 target.

As much as McCain annoys me, let's focus on building and expanding the majority as the TOP target.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 02:34:53 am »

As much as McCain annoys me, let's focus on building and expanding the majority as the TOP target.

Thank you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 03:41:19 am »

You said it for me. I do not know who wrote this piece of crap, but it is total nonsense. McCain is a pain, and I do not like him or his politics, but in terms of a 'top target' he would rate about number 12 on my list.

There are bigger issues than some crazy old kook from Arizona.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 04:49:53 am »
Andrew Breitbart fought for conservative principles, something which are completely foreign to people like you and John McCain.
AC I am pro-life, pro-guns, pro-business, and pro-military...Just like John McCain.

You must be thinking of some other Andrew Breitbart.
Andrew Breitbart's Unity Speech at CPAC 2012 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isW3xvQS8e8
I don't care who our candidate is. I haven't since the beginning of this... ask not what the candidate can do for you, ask what you can do for the candidate! And that's what the Tea Party is. We are there to confront them on behalf of our candidate! I will march behind who ever our candidate is. Because if we don't, we lose. There are two paths! There are two paths! One is America, the other is Occupy! One is America, the other is Occupy!

along the way... Over the last three years, I've realized, that the Republican Party and the conservative movement is not what ABC, CBS and NBC put on the screen. They try to portray you in the worst possible light... and when I travel around the United States meeting people in the Tea Party who care — black, white, gay, straight — anyone that's willing to stand next to me to fight the progressive left, I will be in that bunker, and if you're not in that bunker 'cause you're not satisfied with this candidate, more than shame on you — you're on the other side!

If Andrew Breitbart were alive today he would says you are on the other side.  He would not embrace your brand of exclusive conservatism.  When fighting rats becomes a priority for you then you may march with him.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:53:17 am by Once-Ler »