Author Topic: Rick Perry: Texas might sue Barack Obama  (Read 795 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rick Perry: Texas might sue Barack Obama
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/rick-perry-barack-obama-113033.html

Getty

By Jake Sherman

11/19/14 4:29 PM EST

BOCA RATON, Fla. — Texas Gov. Rick Perry said the Lone Star State might sue Barack Obama’s administration over the president’s planned executive order to grant relief to as many as 5 million undocumented immigrants.

“I think that’s probably a very real possibility,” Perry said during a panel here at the Republican Governors Association’s annual meeting.

Perry, who is considering another presidential bid in 2016, said the cost of illegal immigration is “extraordinary.” He said his state spends $12 million a month on securing the border.

Perry remarked that state Attorney General Greg Abbott, who was recently elected governor, has described his current job like this: “I go to the office, I sue Obama and I go home.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: Rick Perry: Texas might sue Barack Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:28:33 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/rick-perry-barack-obama-113033.html

Getty

By Jake Sherman

11/19/14 4:29 PM EST

BOCA RATON, Fla. — Texas Gov. Rick Perry said the Lone Star State might sue Barack Obama’s administration over the president’s planned executive order to grant relief to as many as 5 million undocumented immigrants.

“I think that’s probably a very real possibility,” Perry said during a panel here at the Republican Governors Association’s annual meeting.

Perry, who is considering another presidential bid in 2016, said the cost of illegal immigration is “extraordinary.” He said his state spends $12 million a month on securing the border.

Perry remarked that state Attorney General Greg Abbott, who was recently elected governor, has described his current job like this: “I go to the office, I sue Obama and I go home.”

Might be better to secede.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 11:37:13 pm »

You gotta laugh at these so-called Republican 'leaders'.  Coburn suggesting anarchy...Perry threatening a law suit.

Note to GOP:  Barack Obama doesn't give a sh*t!  He was a professional anarchist before he became president of the US.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 11:55:59 pm »
Might be better to secede.

No way Texas is going to secede.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 12:33:51 am »
The current Attorney General of the State of Texas has already said that Texas WOULD sue if Obama did what he has been purported to be planning but they have to wait and see what he actually does before any such suit can proceed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 12:34:59 am »
No way Texas is going to secede.

Why not. What is your logic?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 12:42:21 am »

Why not. What is your logic?

It would just be way too much of a mess. You don't even know for sure that Texas could economically survive on its own. Do they make a new currency? Surely they would lose out on any aid the federal government sends them. What trade restrictions would they have to deal with upon no longer being part of the union? What if the federal government outright decides "no" and forces Texas to stay in the union? You also have to consider that millions of Texans will oppose the idea even if most supported it. I just don't think it would work. There are so many unpredictable variables. If it did work you would certainly be leaving the United States to the Democrats, because without Texas the Republicans don't have a chance.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:56:11 am by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 12:57:08 am »

It would just be way too much of a mess. You don't even know for sure that Texas could economically survive on its own. Do they make a new currency? Surely they would lose out on any aid the federal government sends them. What trade restrictions would they have to deal with upon no longer being part of the union? What if the federal government outright decides "no" and forces Texas to stay in the union? You also have to consider that millions of Texans will oppose the idea even if most supported it. I just don't think it would work. There are so many unpredictable variables. If it did work you would certainly be leaving the country to the Democrats, because without Texas the Republicans don't have a chance.

As usual, you don't have even the most remote clue as to what you are flapping your gums about!

http://www.ibtimes.com/what-if-texas-really-were-its-own-country-880112
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:57:28 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 12:59:58 am »
As usual, you don't have even the most remote clue as to what you are flapping your gums about!

That article and the opinion of the person who wrote it does not prove anything.
-Socrates

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 01:04:31 am »
That article and the opinion of the person who wrote it does not prove anything.

And he just made up all those facts and figures didn't he Dex! 

YOU are hopeless!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 01:06:42 am »

Come on Bigun.....is that tone necessary to get get your point across?  Is it that important for you to always show who's smarter?

Dex shows you nothing but respect.  Why not do the same?

We're all in this together.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 01:11:22 am »
Come on Bigun.....is that tone necessary to get get your point across?  Is it that important for you to always show who's smarter?

Dex shows you nothing but respect.  Why not do the same?

We're all in this together.

I generally do not respond to him at all but some outrageous statements are just beyond my tolerance!

Live with it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 01:15:04 am »
I generally do not respond to him at all but some outrageous statements are just beyond my tolerance!

Live with it!

I'll live with it, sir  No problem.

But it's beneath a man like you to insult people over an innocent post.  It least it should be.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 01:17:45 am »
I'll live with it, sir  No problem.

But it's beneath a man like you to insult people over an innocent post.  It least it should be.

Your opinion is noted and I thank you for posting it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 01:20:24 am »
Dex wrote above:
[[ There are so many unpredictable variables. If it did work you would certainly be leaving the United States to the Democrats, because without Texas the Republicans don't have a chance.  ]]

I don't think Texas is going to secede (right now, at least), but I will say this, and with assurance:

If it ever came to that point where Texas -did- secede, it would be akin to driving a wedge straight up through the heart of the country. In short order, we'd see numerous other red states voting either to leave the DC government and either join Texas directly, or "go it on their own", perhaps with a confederation of other like-minded states around them (say, where did I hear that word before?).

Was not the "right to withdraw from the union" part of Texas' agreement to enter -into- the Union? I realize there are folks who'll say that today such a provision isn't worth the paper it's written on, but if Texas ever "got serious" about such things, I doubt you're going to find a large enough contingent of U.S. Military officers who want to go down in history as participants in the slaughtering of Texans.

So, speaking purely in a hypothetical sense (since we know it could never happen, right?), Texas might actually survive without the "United States", but the United States probably couldn't survive as a Union once Texas departs...