Author Topic: Reports: Jerry Brown May Have Eye on White House  (Read 535 times)

rangerrebew

Reports: Jerry Brown May Have Eye on White House
« on: November 18, 2014, 04:12:12 pm »

Reports: Jerry Brown May Have Eye on White House

Monday, 17 Nov 2014 04:07 PM

By John Blosser

Hillary Clinton's 2016 ill wind may be blowing in from the West, as it is being speculated that California's four-term Gov. Edmund G. " Jerry" Brown has his eye on the Democratic nomination and the White House.

Brown triumphed in the midterm election, which saw him stomp his Republican opponent, Neel Kashkari, with 59.6 percent of the vote to Kashkari's 40.4 percent, according to the official vote count.

Now, Brown, who has stated he will not seek another term as California governor, is out raising money again for his re-election committee, the

Brown, said to still have $21 million left over in his campaign account , is hosting a $5,000-per-ticket reception in Sacramento.

He has said he intends to use the remaining money to battle for ballot initiatives, but has not specified which initiatives, the Times reports.

Lobbying firm Capitol Advocacy is playing an organizing role in the Monday event, and the firm's business heavy-hitter clients, including PepsiCo, Corrections Corporation of America, T-Mobile USA, WellCare Health Plans, Pacific Compensation Insurance Co. and Diageo, are expected to be among those attending, the Times reports.

"The most noticeable obstacle to a Brown candidacy is his age. Although he was the youngest governor in California's history when he was first elected in 1974, at age 36, Mr. Brown is now the state's oldest governor ever. In November 2016, he will be 78, meaning that he would conclude his first term in the Oval Office at 82," Dan Schnur, director of the University of Southern California's Unruh Institute of Politics, wrote in the

On "Real Time," comic Bill Maher noted that Brown had turned the state's stumbling economy around as governor, and said, "If Jerry Brown was 55, that accomplishment in this giant state would have Democrats hyping him for president. But they're not. Because he's 76, and ageism is the last acceptable prejudice in America."

"Jerry Brown may be 76, but he runs 3 miles a day and does yoga, whereas the only exercise Chris Christie gets is pumping the nacho cheese dispenser," Mahr commented.

It would be the fourth run for the presidency by Brown. NBC News White House correspondent Chuck Todd said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," during a discussion of who might challenge Hillary Clinton, "I still think the person that is most likely to do this is going to be Jerry Brown. Jerry Brown's resume with the left and populist movement is as strong, if not stronger," than Clinton's, Brietbart reported.

Schnur, however, told the Journal, "The bigger obstacle for Mr. Brown is that his brand of centrism has no logical place in a 2016 primary field. Mr. Brown's insistence on budget cuts that frustrated his party's legislators, his unwillingness to ban fracking and his continued interest in revamping California's environmental regulations make him an unlikely flag-carrier for progressive primary voters."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Politics/Edmund-G-Jerry-Brown-Democratic-nomination-president/2014/11/17/id/607884/#ixzz3JRA9ChvT
 Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Reports: Jerry Brown May Have Eye on White House
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:15:46 pm »
ROFLMAO!!!

I can see it all now!  President Moonbeam!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:51:10 pm »

Based on their current ages, this is what the first "debate" between Hillary and Jerry would look like.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »
FTA:
Now, Brown, who has stated he will not seek another term as California governor...

I don't think it's up to him.  He just won reelection, and CA has a two-term limit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: