Author Topic: Democrats Knew Obama Lied about Obamacare and Voted for it Anyway  (Read 951 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Knew Obama Lied about Obamacare and Voted for it Anyway

Posted 7 hours ago by Common Constitutionalist Filed under Congress, Constitution, Corruption, Government, Government Spending, Health Care, Law, Liberalism, Low Information Voters, ObamaCare, Politics

It seems that Susan Ferrechio of the Washington Examiner has found a few choice quotes from Democrats, namely Nancy Pelosi as the title of her article on Saturday would suggest: “Gruber wrote computer code, not Obamacare.”

Is that right? Well, he sure does have a lot to say and sure seems to have plenty of detailed strategic information for some guy tucked away somewhere pecking at a keyboard; that, or he has a very active imagination. Maybe he’s the inadvertent Edward Snowden of Obamacare, or maybe he's a typical egotistical arrogant liberal who, like Obama, Pelosi, Reid, et al. who think they can say anything and not be held to account, even when they're caught on audio or video. "Are you going to believe me, or your lying eyes?"

Nonetheless, Susan writes that House Democrats contend that Jonathan Gruber was merely a computer code expert who was factually wrong in the assertions he made, regarding Obamacare.

By now most of us have heard that he was merely a computer "modeler, who wrote 15,000 lines of computer code." And for this, writes Ferrechio, he "banked more than $1 million from the federal government and states by helping design and implement the Affordable Care Act." Where do I sign up for that gig?

Susan reports that although Pelosi insists that he played no role in writing Obamacare, Gruber evidently visited the White House eight times. Now why in the world would anyone in the White House invite a mere computer programmer to meet with them once let alone eight times? Answer: they wouldn't.

So Pelosi claims he had no role, yet on her own website she said “The White House sometimes consulted Gruber on healthcare issues.” Why would they be asking a computer programmer about healthcare? That's like asking the guy who does my dry cleaning how to rebuild my car’s engine. It makes no sense. It doesn't have to. There are no contradictions in the world of a liberal Democrat.

Want an example? Ferrechio has one. We've all seen the videos where Gruber is caught saying “the ‘stupidity of the American voter’ and a ‘lack of transparency’ were the key to getting the public to accept the 2010 law.” She then cites Pelosi on her own website saying "First of all, there was no lack of transparency in the drafting and passing of the Affordable Care Act. In fact, the Affordable Care Act had more openness and transparency in its consideration than any law in many years."

I'm not sure that this type of arrogance can be taught. It may be something that Pelosi was born with.

Then there's this from Democrat Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (NY):

Democrat Senator Kirsten Gillibrand admitted on ABC’s This Week that all Democrats knew that Obama was lying when he fraudulently repeated over 30 times that, "If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it, period." When asked by guest host  Martha Raddatz if Gillibrand felt misled by Obama’s promise to Americans of being able to keep their current health insurance plan, Gillibrand responded, “He should have just been more specific. No, we all knew.”

Gillibrand had no problem with the lie since Obamacare was a good cause. The ends do justify the means.

Anyway, back to this "no lack of transparency" claim of Pelosi's. Does the phrase, you have to pass it to find out what's in it ring a bell? This woman really is beyond the pale. That or she's suffering the early stages of dementia.

In fact, she may have more contradictory statements over the past five years then Obama. Ferrechio writes that "Pelosi made a reference to Gruber's modeling during a 2009 press conference, but when asked about him last week she initially said she didn't know him."

All in all, Ferrechio does an excellent job condensing some of Pelosi's more outrageous lies regarding Obamacare and Gruber. It's a difficult thing to do so in a short one page article. It seems that not a day goes by when Pelosi is lying about something.

But hey, that's what Democrat politicians do. They lie and do so with impunity. And they're so arrogant that they don't even care if and when they get caught.

It's the nature of the modern Democrat Party.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/18520/democrats-knew-obama-lied-obamacare-voted-anyway/#MY1VcJmtDoZRcDbr.99

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Democrats Knew Obama Lied about Obamacare and Voted for it Anyway
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:03:55 pm »
But hey, that's what Democrat politicians do. They lie and do so with impunity. And they're so arrogant that they don't even care if and when they get caught.

It's the nature of the modern Democrat Party.

None of that would be possible without a press willing to enable them.  Has this Gruber guy even been covered by any of the broadcast nets?

Ah, answered my own question.  MRC says nothing on the nightlies at NBC or ABC, and four mentions on CBS last week (none this week at all).  http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/abcs-world-news-tonight-nbc-nightly-news-remain-silent-gruber
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:13:59 pm »
None of that would be possible without a press willing to enable them.  Has this Gruber guy even been covered by any of the broadcast nets?

Ah, answered my own question.  MRC says nothing on the nightlies at NBC or ABC, and four mentions on CBS last week (none this week at all).  http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/abcs-world-news-tonight-nbc-nightly-news-remain-silent-gruber

The MSM is, and long has been, FAR to invested in leftist ideology to cover ANYTHING that does not fit their template.  Or put another way, that does not further the cause of collectivism in some form!

It's not going to change anytime soon!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »
The MSM is, and long has been, FAR to invested in leftist ideology to cover ANYTHING that does not fit their template.  Or put another way, that does not further the cause of collectivism in some form!

Even Thomas Jefferson disliked them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:32 pm »

No it's not, at least not for the "legacy media." 

What they don't realize is they've created a niche market for opposing viewpoints.  We have Blaze and Breitbart (and a few million others) on the web, FNC on cable.  People have been switching to them in droves.  In CNN's case, they've been dropped by Dish Network, one of the big two satellite TV nets, because their ratings are so lousy (that and because CNN wanted a big boost in rates despite the ratings).

CNN screwed the pooch so badly they took a half-dozen other Turner channels down with it.  Turner Classic Movies, HLN and even the veritable (and more highly rated) Cartoon Network.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 04:39:06 pm »
Even Thomas Jefferson disliked them.

Sherman too, huh?   :patriot:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 04:41:44 pm »
No it's not, at least not for the "legacy media." 

What they don't realize is they've created a niche market for opposing viewpoints.  We have Blaze and Breitbart (and a few million others) on the web, FNC on cable.  People have been switching to them in droves.  In CNN's case, they've been dropped by Dish Network, one of the big two satellite TV nets, because their ratings are so lousy (that and because CNN wanted a big boost in rates despite the ratings).

CNN screwed the pooch so badly they took a half-dozen other Turner channels down with it.  Turner Classic Movies, HLN and even the veritable (and more highly rated) Cartoon Network.

All of that is true! Which is why he is now trying to "regulate" the internet!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 05:15:24 pm »
All of that is true! Which is why he is now trying to "regulate" the internet!

He will fail.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 05:28:20 pm »
I would hope so!!!

Even the Red Chinese and the Iranians couldn't clamp down on the internet, so I don't think he can either.  But, it would give him something to waste his time on for oh, say, the next two years.  Between rounds of golf, of course.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 04:42:12 am »
[[ Democrats Knew Obama Lied about Obamacare and Voted for it Anyway ]]

Most of them are either one step short of being out-and-out communists, or...
.... they ARE out-and-out communists.

Of course they voted for lies.
That's what they do...

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 10:32:27 am »
Sure, Democrats lie. But, let's not lose perspective here. They are politicians, after all. And Republican lawmakers are only moderately more – oh, let's say, authentic – than Democrats.