Author Topic: Obama Is Now Lying About His Lies  (Read 391 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Is Now Lying About His Lies
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/11/16/obama-is-now-lying-about-his-lies/

Obama Is Now Lying About His Lies
Peter Wehner 11.16.2014 - 5:15 PM

This is getting pathological. According to this story in Politico, President Obama, when asked whether he had intentionally misled the public in order to get the law passed, he replied: “No. I did not.” He actually did, repeatedly. Here’s just one example–on the president’s pledge that “If you like your health-care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health-care plan, period”–that comes to us courtesy of Glenn Kessler, who works for that well-known right-wing outlet the Washington Post.

Mr. Obama added this: “I would just advise every press outlet here: Pull up every clip and every story. I think it’s fair to say there was not a provision in the health care law that was not extensively debated and was fully transparent. It was a tough debate.”

Mr. Obama is confusing some things. The issue isn’t whether there was an extensive and tough debate. There was. The issue is whether the president and his White House, during that debate, intentionally misled us. He and they did, all the time, on all sorts of matters related to the ACA. The conservative criticisms of the president were entirely on the mark. They were the truth-tellers; the president was not.

No American can take joy in saying this, but the evidence clearly warrants it: We have a president who is lying about his lies. It’s not good for him, for the office of the presidency, or for our political culture. He might try telling the truth. At this point it won’t salvage his presidency, but it might begin to repair some of the extraordinary damage to his credibility.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama Is Now Lying About His Lies
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »
Lying about lies to cover up the old lies! It's what democrats do!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 06:29:46 pm »
Obama even lies when his lips AREN'T moving.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 06:42:40 pm »
Obama even lies when his lips AREN'T moving.

I don't think he knows how to NOT lie!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:43:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 06:46:00 pm »
I don't think he knows how to NOT lie!

I think he'd rather lie when the truth would suffice...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 12:46:29 am »
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.