Author Topic: Brit Hume: Doesn’t Matter Who Causes Next Shutdown, GOP Would Get the Blame  (Read 503 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/brit-hume-doesnt-matter-who-causes-next-shutdown-gop-would-get-the-blame/

Brit Hume: Doesn’t Matter Who Causes Next Shutdown, GOP Would Get the Blame
by Andrew Kirell | 10:26 am, November 16th, 2014 video 68

If the Republicans attempt to force President Barack Obama to defund the Affordable Care Act and his possible immigration action, as part of a GOP-led congressional budget proposal, Fox’s Brit Hume suggests it would be a major “blunder.”

The Fox News senior political analyst told Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace that regardless of whether it is the president’s veto pen that forces a shutdown, the Republicans would receive the blame — “not most of the blame,” he clarified, “all of the blame.”

While most of the party’s leadership seems to have learned that fact, Hume cautioned, “there are some within the House and Senate who think that kind of brinkmanship might work.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Hume is correct.  But the hair-on-fire Cruzites think they know better so will do all they can to convince McConnell and Boehner to do it.

They won't, because they don't want to hurt themselves before the new Congress is even sworn in.  One thing they should not do, however, is agree to a long-term budget. Just agree to a continuing resolution for a couple of months and figure out another way to address this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hume is correct.  But the hair-on-fire Cruzites think they know better so will do all they can to convince McConnell and Boehner to do it.

They won't, because they don't want to hurt themselves before the new Congress is even sworn in.  One thing they should not do, however, is agree to a long-term budget. Just agree to a continuing resolution for a couple of months and figure out another way to address this.

So what would you suggest if the dems refuse to go for a short term deal Sink?

Inquiring minds want to know!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gee, I can only hope the Republicans "suffer" in the next election cycle as they did this election cycle for the last shutdown.    :smokin:

(Catch up, Brit.  The American people are angry!)

Oceander

Gee, I can only hope the Republicans "suffer" in the next election cycle as they did this election cycle for the last shutdown.    :smokin:

(Catch up, Brit.  The American people are angry!)

We have no idea if that silliness helped or hurt.  There is no way to know whether the support for the GOP would have been even greater than it was if the shutdown hadn't happened.

The bottom line is this:  the GOP now controls Congress, which means that it is in the perfect position to let Obuttocks paint himself into the obstructionist corner by sending him bills with just enough GOP leavening to them that we know he will reject them if he stays true to form, but yet not so frothy with GOP-only goodies that it simply looks like the GOP is trying to play chicken with Obuttocks.