Author Topic: Your Personal "Pet Peeves"....  (Read 4389 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Your Personal "Pet Peeves"....
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:30:14 pm »
I'll get it started with two.

1) Drivers who don't accelerate to the speed limit (65 mph) by the time they reach the end of the access lanes.

2) The skin on Canadian Bacon slices that becomes hard and rubbery upon heating.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Your Personal "Pet Peeves"....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »
Liberalism!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:44:07 pm »
Seriously, I'll add a few later.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:44:32 pm »
Liberalism!

LOL!  We're talking "pet" peeves.  Not ulcer-producing peeves.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 02:53:28 pm »
I have OCD...my pet peeves are countless...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 03:00:22 pm »
Liberalism!

Mine is LIES and LIARS!  Which, come to think of it, is the same thing as Liberalism!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 03:04:05 pm »
Certain common grammar mistakes drive me insane.  If I hear someone say, "should have went", I get a palpitation.  Then, there is the written choose/chose, lose/loose, their/they're/there.  A certain friend of mine will write "we could of won" instead of "we could've".  My twin will never get then/than sorted out.

I ain't no perfect grammar guy, but those things drive me batty.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 03:09:18 pm »
I have OCD...my pet peeves are countless...

I hear you. But I have both OCD and ADD.

I can't even remember the last damned thing I was obsessing about.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 03:11:23 pm »
Another:

I do my best proofreading AFTER I hit post.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 03:18:25 pm »
Another:

I'm the world's leading expert on that one! My brain goes about three times faster than my fingers can type!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 03:18:47 pm »
I HATE hate it when some redneck in a big blinged-out pickup truck (and every other person in my neck of the woods has one) runs right up my ass at night and blinds me with his big honkin' headlights right in my rear window!

That causes road rage with me!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 03:22:33 pm »
Another:

You owe me a cup of coffee and a roll of paper towels!  ROFL!   :laugh:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »
I HATE hate it when some redneck in a big blinged-out pickup truck (and every other person in my neck of the woods has one) runs right up my ass at night and blinds me with his big honkin' headlights right in my rear window!

That causes road rage with me!

In years past I have been known to rig a switch on the dash of my vehicle that turns on the brake lights even if I had no intention of stopping or slowing down! Two or three applications of said switch usually convinced even the most determined tailgater to BACK OFF!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 03:28:16 pm »
Certain common grammar mistakes drive me insane.  If I hear someone say, "should have went", I get a palpitation.  Then, there is the written choose/chose, lose/loose, their/they're/there.  A certain friend of mine will write "we could of won" instead of "we could've".  My twin will never get then/than sorted out.

Originally from Buffalo, NY.  Everybody there uses "went".  The word "gone" is a foreign concept.

Maybe it's from watching the Cisco Kid as children....when Pancho would say at the end..."Let's went!" 

My ex-wife majored in English.  back in the 70's when I had slipped up a couple of time, she would feign fainting.  LOL!

Still 'love' that woman.  She gave me three wonderfully mannered and beautiful children.

PS:  you forgot the use of "to...too". 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »

Good thing you don't live in Texas!

That's all I'm gonna say bout that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 03:31:36 pm »
I hear you. But I have both OCD and ADD.

I can't even remember the last damned thing I was obsessing about.

Have a difficult time picturing you as being ADD, Andy.

Your posts exhibit complex thinking...not the staccato-like style of somebody having concentration or hyperactive issues.   :patriot:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 03:38:34 pm »
Have a difficult time picturing you as being ADD, Andy.

Your posts exhibit complex thinking...not the staccato-like style of somebody having concentration or hyperactive issues.   :patriot:

I appreciate that very much.  :patriot:

But I really do have ADD, as it turns out, late-diagnosed, and relatively low-impact. Sometimes my mind just races from thought to thought, and I have difficulty isolating on one task and then returning to another. The answer (at least for me) turned out to be a very low dose of a common amphetamine (effecting a frontal lobe stimulation).  It seems to shut out the noise without adversely impacting creative association. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 03:53:20 pm »
In years past I have been known to rig a switch on the dash of my vehicle that turns on the brake lights even if I had no intention of stopping or slowing down! Two or three applications of said switch usually convinced even the most determined tailgater to BACK OFF!

ROFLMAO!  You should market that device - I would buy one!!!

:silly:    :beer:    :silly:    :beer:    :silly:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »

ROFLMAO!  You should market that device - I would buy one!!!

I thought about installing...if only for a second or two...a rolling electronic script sign in the rear window.

One that could not only chastise tailgaters, but educate and/or entertain people in traffic jams.

Such as:

...if you voted for Obama in 2012, you're not only a moron...you're a traitor!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 04:47:52 pm »
I thought about installing...if only for a second or two...a rolling electronic script sign in the rear window.

One that could not only chastise tailgaters, but educate and/or entertain people in traffic jams.

Such as:

...if you voted for Obama in 2012, you're not only a moron...you're a traitor!

Oh, I LOVE that idea DC.......until they follow you home.   **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »
Oh, I LOVE that idea DC.......until they follow you home.   **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

...if you voted for Obama in 2012, you're not only a moron...you're a traitor!  BTW...proud member of the NRA on board.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:52:58 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 05:23:49 pm »
...if you voted for Obama in 2012, you're not only a moron...you're a traitor!  BTW...proud member of the NRA on board.

That's GOOD!

:silly: :silly: :smokin: :smokin: :patriot: :patriot: :beer: :beer:

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 02:25:09 am »
1.  people that crowd me from behind when I'm in line.
2.  People that yell to other people across a room rather then walk over
Yep, I went to Costco today
3.  Men (slobs) that wear shorts and/or wife beaters and flip flops while traveling by plane. (unless they are sitting next to other slobs rather than me)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 02:38:15 am »
1. is the "ugh". Everything is ugh. It is not an emergency, it is Ugh-mergency. it is not immediate, it is ugh-mediate. I hear this on the radio all the time. Every single word that starts with a vowel becomes 'ugh'. Drives me crazy. I actually applaud when I hear someone say the word right, which is very rare.

2. How about the guy who pulls into the Left land at a red stop light. So we all sit through the red light together until it turn green. And as soon as the light turns green, he puts on his left turn signal. What the hell is wrong with you? Couldn't you have let me know you were turning Left? Now I am stuck through another light waiting for this guy to turn because everyone with any sense is in the right lane, where I would have been had I known, and passing me. AAAAAAArrrgh!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 02:48:18 am »
1.  people that crowd me from behind when I'm in line.
2.  People that yell to other people across a room rather then walk over
Yep, I went to Costco today
3.  Men (slobs) that wear shorts and/or wife beaters and flip flops while traveling by plane. (unless they are sitting next to other slobs rather than me)

Was in the grocery store a few weeks ago, and saw a somewhat plump 40 to 50ish woman dragging two kids with her. She was wearing neon pink polyester shorts with the word 'juicy' printed across her butt. I almost gagged.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.