Author Topic: The lies that are central to Obama’s agenda  (Read 680 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

The lies that are central to Obama’s agenda
« on: November 16, 2014, 01:54:22 pm »
By Kyle Smith
New York Post
November 16, 2014 | 4:00am

Damn Americans. They just don’t see the wisdom of surrendering to experts the power they need to remake the country into a progressive paradise.

Sighing with regret, liberals like Jonathan Gruber admit that they’re forced to hoodwink the citizens. For their own good.

Gruber, the MIT economist who (in the words of The New York Times) “put together the basic principles of” ObamaCare and helped Congress “draft the specifics of the legislation” is one of a long line of liberals driven by the belief that the stupidity of the American people is so insurmountable that persuasion is futile.

Liberalism: the place where compassion blurs into condescension.

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage and basically, you know, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically, that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass,” Gruber said, in a newly unearthed 2013 video that went viral last week.
Gruber’s jocular tone wasn’t surprising. In explaining why a huge tax increase was disguised to conceal it from the American people, he was admitting what was obvious to close observers: The law is really just a redistribution scheme.

Even the Democrats didn’t think ObamaCare could pass by being so described.

More at link -----> http://nypost.com/2014/11/16/the-lies-that-are-central-to-obamas-agenda/
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The lies that are central to Obama’s agenda
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »
Hear!  Hear!

Good morning, Lando!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »
Hear!  Hear!

Hey buddy!  Got my coffee in hand!  You?
 :patriot:
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:11:42 pm »
Hey buddy!  Got my coffee in hand!  You?
 :patriot:

Up very early this Sunday morning.

2nd cup already.  LOL!  (Can't you tell?)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 02:11:55 pm »

I love that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 02:16:14 pm »
I love that!

And it is so, so true.  Liberal condescension is like no other.  That dripping, mocking brand of their superiority...
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 02:17:39 pm »
And it is so, so true.  Liberal condescension is like no other.  That dripping, mocking brand of their superiority...

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »
http://nypost.com/2014/11/16/the-lies-that-are-central-to-obamas-agenda/

By Kyle Smith

November 16, 2014 | 4:00am

Damn Americans. They just don’t see the wisdom of surrendering to experts the power they need to remake the country into a progressive paradise.

Sighing with regret, liberals like Jonathan Gruber admit that they’re forced to hoodwink the citizens. For their own good.

Gruber, the MIT economist who (in the words of The New York Times) “put together the basic principles of” ObamaCare and helped Congress “draft the specifics of the legislation” is one of a long line of liberals driven by the belief that the stupidity of the American people is so insurmountable that persuasion is futile.

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage and basically, you know, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically, that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass,” Gruber said, in a newly unearthed 2013 video that went viral last week.

Gruber’s jocular tone wasn’t surprising. In explaining why a huge tax increase was disguised to conceal it from the American people, he was admitting what was obvious to close observers: The law is really just a redistribution scheme.

Even the Democrats didn’t think ObamaCare could pass by being so described.

That’s why deception, as Gruber says, was central to its design.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 02:49:52 pm »

That's what happens to people who are infused with an overwhelming sense of their own moral superiority, while denying the existence of objective moral standards.

Liberals are solipsistic creatures, consumed by their own needs, demanding of tribute and ultimately threatened by even the slightest whiff of disagreement from others who they pretend to see as "equals", but who they privately view as mere means to their desired ends.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 02:50:48 pm »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »
That's what happens to people who are infused with an overwhelming sense of their own moral superiority, while denying the existence of objective moral standards.

Liberals are solipsistic creatures, consumed by their own needs, demanding of tribute and ultimately threatened by even the slightest whiff of disagreement from others who they pretend to see as "equals", but who they privately view as mere means to their desired ends.

Well said Andy! Well said indeed!   :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 02:59:14 pm »
Despite my Jesuit education....I had to look up the word, "solipsistic"   

Thanks, Andy!    :laugh:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 03:14:45 pm »
Despite my Jesuit education....I had to look up the word, "solipsistic"   

Thanks, Andy!    :laugh:

You were probably enamored with little Judy when that word was on the vocabulary list.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 03:55:48 am »
Hear!  Hear!

Long productive day.  Mrs. Lando and I painted one of the boys' bedroom before he comes home for Thanksgiving.  I did get to catch the Packers dismantle the Eagles which is always fun.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 05:10:16 am »
Long productive day.  Mrs. Lando and I painted one of the boys' bedroom before he comes home for Thanksgiving.  I did get to catch the Packers dismantle the Eagles which is always fun.

LOL!  Mark Sanchez is obviously not the answer.

We watched the Redskins get their a$$es kicked by the lowly Buccaneers, 27-7.

RGIII was disgraceful.   He can't be coached.  He alone is responsible for the loser mentality in the locker room.  And many players don't like it.

But all in all, a blessed day!   :beer:

Like your 'new' look.  Or is it a beta version?  LOL!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:11:32 am by DCPatriot »