Author Topic: ISIS Meets Its Match at an Iraqi Town When Christian Militia Shows Up to Teach Them Who’s Boss  (Read 483 times)

rangerrebew

ISIS Meets Its Match at an Iraqi Town When Christian Militia Shows Up to Teach Them Who’s Boss

By Juan Leon (2 days ago) | Headlines, Politics, Religion, World

IJRShareEmail

A Christian militia has reclaimed a village in northern Iraq from ISIS terrorists.

USA Today reported on the story of a group of Christian fighters driving ISIS insurgents from the town of Bakufa.

The inhabitants of the predominantly Christian Bakufa formed a village militia, after fighting side-by-side with Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga fighters to push ISIS from their hamlet.

The freshly recruited militia might be short on combat experience, but that’s not worrying them. As one of their members says:

In my opinion, faith is greater than military experience.

Where the black banner of ISIS once stood, the flag of the Iraqi Christian fighters now flies high over Bakufa.

Offline olde north church

It's about hot damn time!  Where do we send the arms?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline evadR

hot damn, this is what I've been talking about for so long.

Yes, where do I send money for arms?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It's about hot damn time!  Where do we send the arms?

Amen ONC and Praise the Lord, he is mighty!  How can we help these brave souls?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Don't get too excited, folks.

We're talking about a "town".  Not Baghdad.  Not Mosul.

The hamlet may only harbor less than a thousand people.  Think the size of Martha's Vineyard.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

Don't get too excited, folks.

We're talking about a "town".  Not Baghdad.  Not Mosul.

The hamlet may only harbor less than a thousand people.  Think the size of Martha's Vineyard.

Sometimes it's the littlest kid who gets tired of bully's shit.  That's all it takes to get the ball rolling.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sometimes it's the littlest kid who gets tired of bully's shit.  That's all it takes to get the ball rolling.

I agree, ONC.

All I was pointing out is that with the world being so small due to the 24/7 news cycle and internet, one little victory of sorts doesn't translate to ISIS being defeated or even slowed down.

Perhaps, EC can elaborate on this better, since he's been involved from time to time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

Its not the size of the dog in a fight that counts, its the size of the fight in the dog that makes the difference.  They had better watch out though, as their muslim "brothers" will cut their throats in a heartbeat once they have been saved.