Author Topic: WATCH: Trey Gowdy's Soon-to-Be Classic One-Liner Against Impeaching Obama: 'Have You Met Joe Biden?'  (Read 483 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/watch-trey-gowdys-soon-be-classic-one-liner-against-impeaching-obama-have-you-met-joe

BILL O'REILLY, FOX NEWS HOST: Back in the Book segment tonight, when will republicans in the House do to blunt President Obama's executive order on illegal immigration that we talked about in the talking points memo and the A and B blocks tonight?

Joining us now is Congressman Trey Gowdy, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Immigration, the border security and is he in Washington. So, if the President does indeed sign the executive order when he comes back from Asia, which would legalize millions of undocumented folks. What specifically do you think will happen?

REP. TREY GOWDY (R), SOUTH CAROLINA: Well, there are three things, Bill, number one, we need to persuade our fellow citizens that from 2008 to 2010, when he had the House, the Senate and the White House, he didn't do a damn thing about immigration. So, why can't he give the republican House and Senate three months, six months, nine months to do what he wasn't able to do in two years.

O'REILLY: Good point. Good point.

GOWDY: So, the first tool is deflation.

O'REILLY: I've made that point to, there is no urgency to do this. He could give you guys a chance in January and I would say three months, four months is fair. Number two?

GOWDY: Well, he is going to poison the well if he does that. And he just needs to understand upfront, if he wants a solution he will wait. If he wants an issue for their candidate to run on in 2016, then he will do what he is planning on doing. The second tool is the appropriations process. But frankly, that is a tool best wielded in the spring and not in December where we are staring at an omnibus or comprehensive spending. But we have the Senate. And advice and consent. Specifically with this new attorney general ask U.S. Attorney Lynch, what are the limits of prosecutorial discretion? What laws does he actually have to enforce? Are election laws subject to his women capris? Be very tough with advice and consent. Be very thoughtful with the appropriations process. And all the while persuade our fellow citizens, this is not a fight with the republicans, this is a fight with the people who founded this republic.

O'REILLY: Yes. Because the left wing zealots and the immigration lobby are going to reject that and they're going to look at President Obama as a hero in a humane person. You know that's going to happen. What's the third thing?

GOWDY: Well, advice and consent would be the third. Appropriation and advice and consent.

O'REILLY: What about what Judge Napolitano raised that this is an impeachable situation because it does go against Congress making the laws. Because the President is making a new law. And the new law says that if you have children who are American citizens even though you yourself are an illegal undocumented person, you can stay in this country. That supersedes the old law. Napolitano claims it's unconstitutional and impeachable. Do you see anybody going down that road in the House?

GOWDY: Have you met Joe Biden, is my response to that. So, no. Nobody's discussing impeachment except pundits and commentators. First of all, impeachment is a punishment, it's not a remedy. Second of all, the only people who want us to talk about impeachment are the President's ally --

O'REILLY: All right. So you see it as a bait that you're not going to take?

GOWDY: I'm not going to take it because I've met Joe Biden. That's not the answer.

O'REILLY: Explain the Biden reference.

GOWDY: He would be the new president. I mean, so, you get rid of one guy --

O'REILLY: He would be the new president. All right. Okay. Now, I see this -- and I don't know whether you watch the program tonight, but I'm not a partisan player. I don't root for you guys, I don't root against the democrats. So, what's was best for the country? I think this is so horrible for America. It's awful. Because what we're trying to do is, get some consensus, have you work together, solve some economic problems, solve some foreign policy problems like Putin invading Ukraine now and this is just going to blow everything to hell.

GOWDY: Yes, sir, it will. And frankly in the interest of full disclosure, there are democrats that we welcome the chance to work with. Luis Gutierrez, while I disagree with him on policies, an imminently trustworthy participants, so is an African from California. But the President is going to destroy whatever remnant of thrust exists between republicans in Congress and his administration, if he does by fiat, what he wouldn't do in two years when he could have done it, and I just watched 60 new members of the house that were elected last week. They deserve the chance to participate in this debate. That's the way the system works.

O'REILLY: Yes. He's going to say though -- just to be fair, he's going to say the reason he didn't do it in the first two years is because he wanted to give Congress a chance and they didn't get around to it. Even though democrats controlled Congress and he had to do the economy because of all -- you know how it is.

GOWDY: God forbid, he do more than one thing at a time.

O'REILLY: Keep us posted. We appreciate your time very much tonight.

GOWDY: Yes, sir, thank you.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

It's good to have a smart guy like Trey Gowdy heading the subcommittee on immigration at this crucial moment in history with such a lawless president threatening a unilateral action against the will of the people.

Offline R4 TrumPence

GOWDY: God forbid, he do more than one thing at a time.

I loved this part. It cracked me up!1
I thought about when Mountaineer posts his daily schedule... :laughingdog:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline xfreeper

It's a cute line but I don't think it is a valid justification for removing impeachment as an option to deal with a lawless president. Plugs as President couldn't possibly be any worse than zero and he would also be much easier to control.  He would not want to do anything to disrupt his own presidential aspirations, as delusional as they may be. Add to that just having seen what happened to his predecessor and he would be fairly neutered.