Author Topic: GEORGE W. BUSH: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama  (Read 823 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GEORGE W. BUSH: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama
« on: November 14, 2014, 04:53:52 pm »
http://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-why-i-refuse-to-criticize-obama-2014-11

GEORGE W. BUSH: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama

Colin Campbell

Nov. 14, 2014, 8:56 AM

Former President George W. Bush has a simple explanation for why he almost never criticizes his successor: He feels it undermines the office of the presidency.

In an interview that aired Thursday night on Fox News' "Hannity," Bush insisted he would not attack President Barack Obama even though he continued to have strong opinions about national politics.

"I don't think it's good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president; I think it's bad for the presidency for that matter," Bush said, according to video posted by Mediaite.

Bush, who is promoting his book about his father (former President George H.W. Bush), "41: A Portrait of My Father," also said he had no interest in generating headlines for himself after serving in the country's highest office for eight years.

"Secondly, I really have had all the fame I want," he added. "I really don't long for publicity. And the truth the matter is in order for me to generate publicity ... I'd have to either attack the Republican Party, which I don't want to do, or attack the president, which I don't want to do. And so I'm perfectly content to be out of the limelight."

Though Bush has avoided criticizing the Obama administration, the same can't be said for his former vice president, Dick Cheney, who has repeatedly skewered Obama. Among other things, Cheney called Obama the "worst president of my lifetime."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: GEORGE W. BUSH: This Is Why I Refuse To Criticize Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 05:28:45 pm »
Every time a public figure utters something into the media sphere, it is subject to being manipulated into the headline of an entertainment article, hit piece, etc.

Bush "gets that" and mainly refuses to participate. Good judgment.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 05:31:36 pm »
Have no problem with this even if is Obama in office. Bush is making the right call here, for many reasons.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 06:07:36 pm »
Class that no Democrat office holder has ever had...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 06:11:13 pm »
George W. Bush is a class act and a righteous Christian man.  He takes his lumps and turns the other cheek.  That is more than I can say for those reprobates Carter, Clinton and Obama.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 07:49:04 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 08:17:03 pm »
Good for him, he won't criticize a sitting president.  I would have been happy if W had defended himself while still in office.

We all would have been better off.