Author Topic: Howard Dean Thinks Lying is Cool – but Calling Americans Stupid is Not  (Read 316 times)

rangerrebew

Howard Dean Thinks Lying is Cool – but Calling Americans Stupid is Not

By Onan Coca   / 14 November 2014   / 0 Comments   

If I admit something to you, do you promise not to hate me?

I like Howard Dean. I don’t like like him…as in, I would never vote for him. But I wouldn’t mind hanging out with the guy some time and talking politics.

Sadly, Howard disappointed me today. He was on Morning Joe on MSNBC Wednesday when he they replayed the video of Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber saying that they had to lie to sell Obamacare – and it worked because Americans are stupid.

I thought Howard would tear into him. The former Governor of Vermont strikes me as the kind of guy who cares about people first (even if we disagree on how to help them) and politics second. But as I said… he disappointed me. Instead of laying into the idea that Democrats lied to sell Obamacare, Dean attacked the fact that Gruber and his “elitist” buddies think so little of the average American voter.

“The problem is not that he said it–the problem is that he thinks it,” Dean said. “The core problem under the damn law is it was put together by a bunch of elitists who don’t fundamentally understand the American people. That’s what the problem is.”

I’m at least glad that a liberal like Howard Dean can be outraged at his own party. I wish the outrage were a little broader – I wish it would lead some Democrat leaders to consider repealing Obamacare and trying again in a more honest and transparent manner… but it won’t. It won’t.

Democrats will be outraged. They’ll say a lot of the “right” things and they’ll beat their chests and rend their clothes… but at the end of the day, Obamacare will remain untouched. They’re not THAT upset about this whole deal… they’ll just keep apologizing and hope the scandal blows over before 2016.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/11327/howard-dean-thinks-lying-cool-calling-americans-stupid/#YoKcj8IfpLY4sUsy.99