Author Topic: Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama  (Read 12221 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rep. Jim Clyburn: GOP will try to impeach President Obama
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 07:41:28 pm »
What do you think the chances of that are?

Somewhere south of zero?

Actually no! I think they are better than 50% in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »
Actually no! I think they are better than 50% in fact!

Well... the surrender-monkeys (McConnell & Boehner) have been re-elected as 'leadership'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline evadR

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 08:00:55 pm »
The American voters put him in office...TWICE!
(end of story)

Eh, the American voters think what their propaganda overlords tell them to think...

So true
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 08:10:05 pm »
Well... the surrender-monkeys (McConnell & Boehner) have been re-elected as 'leadership'...

Yep! but the make up of their majorities is MUCH more conservative than previously!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 09:18:32 pm »
musiclady wrote above:
[[ After a lot of thought, I agree with this view.  It's not that Obama hasn't done a zillion things for which he could be impeached.
But at this stage of the game, with only two years left it wouldn't actually get him out of office, it most likely wouldn't pass the Senate, it would make Republicans look vengeful and not patriotic, nor principled, and it would turn Obama into a martyr. ]]

Once again, I will disagree.
We must at least -try- to remove Obama from office.

If we do not -- if we let him continue to wreak havoc based on the premise above -- he may actually do serious damage to the country that will become unrepairable by any succeeding president and/or Congress.

At the very least, even if the impeachment process fails in the Senate, it will serve as warning to Obama (and to his controller Jarrett) that their actions -can- indeed be called to account before Congress and the American people.

And also at the very least, it will place an unremovable stain upon his place in history.

There are those in this forum (most members, I sense) who will protest that we cannot do this because it will tear at race relations, incite riots, etc.

So be it. Blacks in America must learn that they do not rule -- the majority does.
Frankly, if an Obama impeachment and removal "sets back" race relations in America, I don't care one whit.

The process of impeachment is not intended to improve racial relations, nor should it be.
It is undertaken to rescue the nation from the irreparable damage that Obama and Jarrett are attempting to do.

It is to stop "the transformation of America".

That makes the impeachment process worth the trouble.

Final thoughts:
Is Bill Clinton a "martyr" as a result of his impeachment?
Who the heck remembers what Andrew Johnson was impeached for, anyway?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »
Yep! but the make up of their majorities is MUCH more conservative than previously!

Completely agree.  New blood.   Conservative blood.

And some of the other conservatives are more senior.  (And though there are not enough, there are some GOOD ones).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 10:27:57 pm »
musiclady wrote above:
[[ After a lot of thought, I agree with this view.  It's not that Obama hasn't done a zillion things for which he could be impeached.
But at this stage of the game, with only two years left it wouldn't actually get him out of office, it most likely wouldn't pass the Senate, it would make Republicans look vengeful and not patriotic, nor principled, and it would turn Obama into a martyr. ]]

Once again, I will disagree.
We must at least -try- to remove Obama from office.

I am with you on this, all the way.  I doubt that we will ever convince anyone else of this, but that matters not to me.  I am convinced that there will be many here (and elsewhere) that will look back at this time, from a period not too far down the road, and will rue the fact that they didn't support/encourage the Congress to do what they each swear an oath to do each time they are elected/re-elected.  However, as strongly as I believe this to be true, I would much rather be proven *wrong* over the long run, than to be sitting in the ruin of the nation and saying, "We told you so!!"

Basically the common refrain heard here, and elsewhere, is something along the lines of: "we know that he has committed countless impeachable offenses (and I am not going to listen them here, others have done a good job sketching them out already, if anyone doesn't know what they are at this point, use a search engine and find out), maybe even has come close to committing treason a couple of times.....," but we better not ask our only elected representatives in a position to do anything about it, to do anything about it.

The reason: Republicans will get a "bad name" over it, and people won't want to vote for them anymore.  Which, in my view, is pretty much the largest collapse of principles in favor of 'pragmatism' that I have ever seen in this country.

More on this below.

If we do not -- if we let him continue to wreak havoc based on the premise above -- he may actually do serious damage to the country that will become unrepairable by any succeeding president and/or Congress.

At the very least, even if the impeachment process fails in the Senate, it will serve as warning to Obama (and to his controller Jarrett) that their actions -can- indeed be called to account before Congress and the American people.

And also at the very least, it will place an unremovable stain upon his place in history.

I am less concerned about any potential stain than I am about your first two points.  Yes, in the remaining two years, since Congress, at the urging of many Republican voters and pundits, has taken Impeachment off of the table (forever it seems, if you listen to the 'reasons' why it can never be done), and are more likely than not to continue to give him what is essentially a blank check every year (as they have done since he became resident) via a steady stream of Omnibus spending bills and Continuing Resolutions, he has been given Free Reign to do whatever he chooses over these remaining two years.  Absent Congress using the only Constitutional means to stop him, why wouldn't he?

And to your second point, yes, as soon as a serious effort got off the ground, his controllers would immediately be put on notice that the Free Reign is over.  Just the act of getting it started in the House will have this effect.

There are those in this forum (most members, I sense) who will protest that we cannot do this because it will tear at race relations, incite riots, etc.

So be it. Blacks in America must learn that they do not rule -- the majority does.
Frankly, if an Obama impeachment and removal "sets back" race relations in America, I don't care one whit.

The process of impeachment is not intended to improve racial relations, nor should it be.
It is undertaken to rescue the nation from the irreparable damage that Obama and Jarrett are attempting to do.

Yes, at times 'race relations' are noted, the fear of civil unrest, etc.  And I agree with your points above.  But I think the louder refrain has to do more with the hand wringing about never getting a Republican elected in 2016 and beyond.

But about race relations vis a vis this unwillingness to Impeach, I find it an interesting contrast to the current Ferguson situation.  Has there been any posts in this forum (or in any other 'conservative' forums) that are calling for the District Attorney to drum up a slew of charges against Officer Wilson to prevent riots and unrest?  No, not that I have seen.  People would never think that violating the principles of law & order, of an innocent man being sacrificed to quell some potential unrest, would be a good idea....  Never!!  It just wouldn't be right!!  Of course it wouldn't....   Yet, why are so many willing to sacrifice the good of the whole Nation (by allowing a tyrant free reign for 8 years to wreak havoc never before seen on this nation) in the interest of avoiding some potential unrest??  Why??  Is the well being of this Nation worth less than one police officer in Missouri??  Really??

It is to stop "the transformation of America".

That makes the impeachment process worth the trouble.

Exactly.  It is WHY the process is in the Constitution to begin with.  In some senses it is the hydrant & axe behind the glass door that says "Break Open in Case of Emergency."  I've never seen a door that says, "Break Open in Case of Emergency, (but ONLY in cases in which you can be sure that people will still like you and support you in the future!!)"

What is Right to do, is Right to do; regardless of how 'popular' it may or may not be.  What is Vital to do (to save the Nation from further destruction), is Vital to do, regardless of what others may think about it.  I am pretty sure that most everyone here in this forum agrees to this, in virtually every part of their life, other than this....

Final thoughts:
Is Bill Clinton a "martyr" as a result of his impeachment?

No comment on the above, but I will add this.

Some say that since there are not enough R votes to convict in the Senate, then there is no point in trying....  In my opinion, that point of view basically condemns a really large swath of our fellow citizenry, and the Senators & Representatives (along with a cadre of brilliant Constitutional Conservative legal scholars and writers), in one fell swoop. 

That point of view says: "Our fellow citizens are all too ignorant and unconscious to ever respond in large enough numbers to a sound & convincing case for Impeachment."  And if that is so, and it may very well be, I say this: first, we have a pretty grave and terminal condition in the country, and secondly, if we don't have a population that can respond now, then we never will, because they certainly haven't been tracking in the direction of becoming less ignorant and more wide-awake over the past several decades.

That point of view also says: "We don't have enough people in the Constitutional Conservative movement (for lack of a better term) that are smart enough, and able enough, to make the case and communicate it to the American people."  I say that I don't believe that to be true, and why not allow them to at least try??  Again, if we don't have them amongst our ranks at the present, how much better off will we be years from now?? 

Listening to the voice of this point of view is really giving in, throwing in the towel, and essentially saying: "We are sunk, we have a tyrant destroying the Nation, setting precedent for the next tyrant to complete the job, and we are all just so screwed because there is nothing that we can do to stop it....."   Wow.  How freakin' sad is that....

I say let us at least TRY to do what is Right, Just, and Vital to save this Nation that we all love and cherish, that we want to be in existence for our children, grandchildren, and generations yet unborn.

My faith in both our fellow citizens (in large enough numbers to make a difference), as well as our Constitutional Conservative leaders, is coupled with one other piece of "reality."  And that is the element that drives the behavior of virtually every Senator in office, regardless of what party label they wear, and this is the desire to be re-elected.  That trumps all for these grand opportunists.  If they are made to feel that their re-election is in jeopardy from the outcry of their constituency, they will vote to convict regardless of if they are wearing a "D" or "R" on their jersey.  Trust me on that, their 'loyalty' is to themselves and their bank accounts, not to a party or a despot sitting on top of it.

So it is in many ways a "now or never" proposition.  Now is when a tyrant is in office, destroying the Nation.  Now is when the 'opposition party' controls both chambers.  Now is when we have the best chance of rallying our fellow citizens (as compared to years down the road when we are overrun with more third world refugees and have more and more people completely dependent on the government teat for their existence).  Now is when there is still something left of the Nation to salvage (at least in my opinion), not after 2 more years of this tyrant and God knows how many years of the next one to come along....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 11:32:28 pm »
Fishrrman: At the very least, even if the impeachment process fails in the Senate, it will serve as warning to Obama (and to his controller Jarrett) that their actions -can- indeed be called to account before Congress and the American people.

Unless polls show public support turning to Obama, as it did with Clinton. Then what? Obama and his supporters become emboldened. He becomes a bigger tyrant as he coasts to the end of his term. That is, if he decides to let his term expire.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 01:09:41 am »
katzenjammer wrote above:
[[ Exactly.  It is WHY the process is in the Constitution to begin with.  In some senses it is the hydrant & axe behind the glass door that says "Break Open in Case of Emergency."  I've never seen a door that says, "Break Open in Case of Emergency, (but ONLY in cases in which you can be sure that people will still like you and support you in the future!!)" ]]

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

You said it far better than I'm able to.

[[ What is Right to do, is Right to do; regardless of how 'popular' it may or may not be.  What is Vital to do (to save the Nation from further destruction), is Vital to do, regardless of what others may think about it.  I am pretty sure that most everyone here in this forum agrees to this, in virtually every part of their life, other than this.... ]]

Repeat what I said above!

You have blown every argument put forth by the hand-wringers above into a billion tiny pieces!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 01:25:07 am »
[[ Exactly.  It is WHY the process is in the Constitution to begin with.  In some senses it is the hydrant & axe behind the glass door that says "Break Open in Case of Emergency."  I've never seen a door that says, "Break Open in Case of Emergency, (but ONLY in cases in which you can be sure that people will still like you and support you in the future!!)" ]]

[[ What is Right to do, is Right to do; regardless of how 'popular' it may or may not be.  What is Vital to do (to save the Nation from further destruction), is Vital to do, regardless of what others may think about it.  I am pretty sure that most everyone here in this forum agrees to this, in virtually every part of their life, other than this.... ]]

You have blown every argument put forth by the hand-wringers above into a billion tiny pieces!

Far to late! I'm sorry but that is just the fact!

I do! He was impeached because he refused to go along with the radical republican's plans to rape and plunder the South after they had won the war and thus transformed the United States government!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2014, 06:44:23 pm »

Thank you Fishrrman.  But as I said above, I really hope that we are both proven wrong about our thoughts on how the decision not to pursue this will work out.  I think that many of us are in the camp of being much happier to be wrong and happy, rather than to be right and miserable!!

I talked at great length about all of this with my "better katz!" last evening and she pointed out a fatal flaw in my analysis.  While she agrees that the results of doing nothing (especially the precedents being set) will be pretty much as described, and that my faith in the American people may not necessarily be misplaced (really an open question on that one as I've said all along), and that the Right certainly has enough legal firepower in its arsenal to make a compelling case.... the fatal flaw (in her opinion) is that we do not have enough Republican 'leaders' in either chamber that are both willing and able to carry out the process.

She may be totally correct about that; most likely she is....

Which brought us to yet another sobering realization that the now 'infamous' GourmetDan quote is pretty much spot on.

Be that as it may, I certainly enjoy reading your fearless and gut-wrenchingly realistic posts on this, and almost every other topic at hand!!

:patriot:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 07:16:26 pm »
Doesn't anybody remember 1999?  Anybody at all?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2014, 08:06:39 pm »
Doesn't anybody remember 1999?  Anybody at all?

What happened in 1999 Cyber?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »
What happened in 1999 Cyber?

A President was impeached, and all the members of his Party (in addition to some in ours who knew better) refused to even look at the evidence against him.  He got away with it and became more popular than ever.  Upon gazing at the caliber of Democrats in the Senate today, the prospects are even poorer, and our movement will be dashed upon the rocks if we try to impeach this POS of a President.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2014, 08:38:24 pm »
A President was impeached, and all the members of his Party (in addition to some in ours who knew better) refused to even look at the evidence against him.  He got away with it and became more popular than ever.  Upon gazing at the caliber of Democrats in the Senate today, the prospects are even poorer, and our movement will be dashed upon the rocks if we try to impeach this POS of a President.

He definitely deserves impeachment, and it should never be taken off the table.  But, I think it would take away from other important business that we need to attend to right now.  Maybe correct some of the big stuff and then observe the direction of the wind at that time.  Maybe if the people see things improving, they might be more inclined to be supportive of impeachment. 

I do think we should have a small dedicated group gathering documentation and arguments for impeachment, so we could be ready to go on it quickly.  Knowing Obama, he is going to be pushing some buttons and it might get so bad that there will be no other option.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 10:04:22 pm »

Try and impeach Obama and you strengthen both him and the Democrats at large.

Ride out his last two years and then destroy his image and make his legacy one of treason, ineptitude and illegal behavior.

Destroy him in the annals of American governance and liberalism along with him.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 10:15:29 pm »

Ride out his last two years and then destroy his image and make his legacy one of treason, ineptitude and illegal behavior.

Exactamundo!!  Actually I think this whole mess started when Ford pardoned Nixon before the American people could see the corruption and graft which was beginning to infest the government.   I understand why Ford did it but since then we have gotten nothing but corrupt democrats who have agenda other than America.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2014, 10:37:27 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you're going to kill the king, kill the king.  If you merely harm the king, you're the one who's going to be killed.  That's the lesson of 1999.  We knew he would survive in the Senate, and he came out stronger.  We also know Obama will survive in the Senate.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:38:36 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 11:02:18 pm »
If you're going to kill the king, kill the king.  If you merely harm the king, you're the one who's going to be killed.  That's the lesson of 1999.  We knew he would survive in the Senate, and he came out stronger.  We also know Obama will survive in the Senate.

Are you seriously trying to say that Bush would have won in a landslide in 2000 had the Pubbies NOT impeached Clintoon?

Are you thinking that the GOP candidate will be STRONGER in 2016 if we do the opposite of the 1998-99 GOP?

I very much doubt that...

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:06:25 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 11:23:56 pm »
Are you seriously trying to say that Bush would have won in a landslide in 2000 had the Pubbies NOT impeached Clintoon?

Sorry if I implied such a thing.  Allow me to clarify (and not merely imply):  Yes, Bush would have easily won.  I don't know about landslide, but Clinton would have done a much better job of poisoning Gore's well had he been left to his own devices.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2014, 11:32:51 pm »
Sorry if I implied such a thing.  Allow me to clarify (and not merely imply):  Yes, Bush would have easily won.  I don't know about landslide, but Clinton would have done a much better job of poisoning Gore's well had he been left to his own devices.

Well, I'd have to disagree with that.

I think this election shows voters want someone with a spine who will stand up to the Demonrat criminals and if the GOP doesn't give it to them, they'll stay home in 2016...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2014, 12:17:21 am »
Well, I'd have to disagree with that.

I think this election shows voters want someone with a spine who will stand up to the Demonrat criminals and if the GOP doesn't give it to them, they'll stay home in 2016...

Absolutely agree!

Couldn't agree more in fact!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2014, 04:09:31 am »
Cyber Liberty wrote above:
[[ That's the lesson of 1999.  We knew he would survive in the Senate, and he came out stronger. ]]

I disagree.

Regardless of how "strong" Clinton may have appeared in 1999 (and I don't recall that as being true), which party won the presidency the following year?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2014, 05:04:26 am »
You know guys, I am hearing more and more whispers of dissatisfaction with Obama from the Black community. They are dismayed at his constant concern with illegals and Hispanics and Latinos, but he seems to have no concern at all whatsoever for the situation in Black America. Her really could not care less. All he cares about is taking care of the Mexicans. Screw the Blacks.

The implications are that there may very well be a day, where Ferguston becomes an anti-Obama riot. There are millions of Black people who hate Sharpton and Jackson and feel like they have been taken for fools. And now, they feel the same way about Obama.

I think this "hate Whitety" thing that Holder/Obama/Sharpton/MSNBC keep pushing is wearing thin. The American Black people are tired of being played like fools.

What I mean by this is, that arresting Obama, or stripping him from office, may not be viewed by Black Americans as a negative thing, like the MSM is trying to convince everyone.

Most of them hate him as much as we do. You know the two/thirds Obama bragged about, those are two thirds of the Blacks and Democrats, and they hate him. They are on our side!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:07:58 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2014, 06:31:11 am »
You know guys, I am hearing more and more whispers of dissatisfaction with Obama from the Black community. They are dismayed at his constant concern with illegals and Hispanics and Latinos, but he seems to have no concern at all whatsoever for the situation in Black America. Her really could not care less. All he cares about is taking care of the Mexicans. Screw the Blacks.

The implications are that there may very well be a day, where Ferguston becomes an anti-Obama riot. There are millions of Black people who hate Sharpton and Jackson and feel like they have been taken for fools. And now, they feel the same way about Obama.

I think this "hate Whitety" thing that Holder/Obama/Sharpton/MSNBC keep pushing is wearing thin. The American Black people are tired of being played like fools.

What I mean by this is, that arresting Obama, or stripping him from office, may not be viewed by Black Americans as a negative thing, like the MSM is trying to convince everyone.

Most of them hate him as much as we do. You know the two/thirds Obama bragged about, those are two thirds of the Blacks and Democrats, and they hate him. They are on our side!

An encouraging thought and a much needed smile this morning as a result!  :beer:

But - people are not mobs. People have to be persuaded, mobs can be lead by bright colors, simple shapes and loud voices.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink