Author Topic: Yasser Arafat 'found Jesus' before death, claims evangelical friend  (Read 409 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11225063/Yasser-Arafat-found-Jesus-before-death-claim.html

Yasser Arafat 'found Jesus' before death, claims evangelical friend
Palestinian leader Arafat may have become a Christian before he died, claims evangelical friend

By John Bingham, Religious Affairs Editor

8:47AM GMT 12 Nov 2014

Yasser Arafat, the former Palestinian leader, may have become a Christian before his death 10 years ago, it has been claimed.

RT Kendall, a prominent Christian writer and speaker, said he struck up an unlikely friendship with Mr Arafat and prayed with him several times.

In an interview with Premier Christianity magazine, published in the UK, Dr Kendall said Mr Arafat had wept while watching Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, which depicts the crucifixion, and that they had spoken about how to become a Christian.

He said that while he could not be certain that Arafat was "saved", he believes he may have become a Christian.

"It wouldn’t surprise me to see him in heaven," he said.

"I’ll tell you why - I prayed with him five times, anointed him with oil, I gave him a [salvation] prayer.

"I’m not saying I know that he’s saved; I’m saying I wouldn’t be surprised."

Dr Kendall said he had prayed for Mr Arafat for many years before finally being granted a meeting in 2002 during a visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories.

What was intended to be a brief 20-minute appointment lasted almost two hours and turned out to be only the first of five meetings, he said.

On one such visit he said that they watched The Passion of the Christ together, along with around 30 of Mr Arafat’s aides.

US-born Dr Kendall, the former minister of Westminster Chapel in London, says that Mr Arafat wept during the viewing and allowed him to pray for him at the end.

"He took my hand and squeezed it," he said.

"He was sending me a signal and I knew I was getting through."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Yasser Arafat 'found Jesus' before death, claims evangelical friend
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:07:51 pm »
Then at least one of Arafat's 30 aides that allegedly saw the movie, will corroborate this story.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:14:47 pm »
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13)

We won't know the answer to this until eternity.  The criminal on the cross "found Jesus" at the end of his life, and there is no reason to believe the same thing hasn't happened to many others............... including Arafat.

I hope it is so.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 07:38:09 pm »
It would be an interesting end to his story. The redemptive power of HIS blood is more than enough to cover the sins of everyone who ever lived, past, present, and future.

Yet, we because of our "human nature" have a list of infamouse names we hope never had the chance to call on HIS Name before their life ended, and that they got the punishment they deserved.  I'm thankful that God doesn't look at His creation in the same way we do, or I would have no hope.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:49:09 pm »
Only God knows if he was sincere in his deathbed conversion...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:16:22 pm »
It would be an interesting end to his story. The redemptive power of HIS blood is more than enough to cover the sins of everyone who ever lived, past, present, and future.

Yet, we because of our "human nature" have a list of infamouse names we hope never had the chance to call on HIS Name before their life ended, and that they got the punishment they deserved.  I'm thankful that God doesn't look at His creation in the same way we do, or I would have no hope.

Your words are inspiring Navy - thank you for that.

:amen:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!