Author Topic: Gruber video #2: No, really, American voters are stupid; Update: Third video?  (Read 2432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/11/12/gruber-video-2-no-really-american-voters-are-stupid/

Gruber video #2: No, really, American voters are stupid; Update: Third video?
posted at 11:01 am on November 12, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Call this Gruber 2: Stupid and Stupider. Jonathan Gruber attempted to escape scrutiny for his October 2013 declaration that Americans are “stupid” and that ObamaCare was designed to exploit that and hide its true nature by saying that he regretted his “off the cuff” comments. “I basically spoke inappropriately,” he told Ronan Farrow, “and I regret having made those comments.”

Last night, though, a second video emerged from the same time period in which Gruber explained that the ACA passed “because the American people are too stupid” to understand the law. Megyn Kelly wondered last night how this squared with Gruber’s mea culpa on that “little-watched MSNBC show”:

ObamaCare architect Jonathan Gruber apparently doesn’t think much of the intelligence of the American people.

A new tape has surfaced showing Gruber, once again, claiming the health care law’s authors took advantage of the “stupid” American public.

The tape, played on Fox News’ “The Kelley File,” showed Gruber speaking at an October 2013 event at Washington University in St. Louis.

Referring to the so-called “Cadillac tax” on high-end health plans, he said: “They proposed it and that passed, because the American people are too stupid to understand the difference.”

Oopsie! Another “speak-o”? Hardly. The architect of the nanny-state takeover of the health insurance industry has a pattern of public remarks about his evaluation of the American public as too stupid to take care of itself. That shouldn’t shock anyone; it’s exactly the same attitude that drives all nanny-state policies. Unfortunately for the current administration, Gruber’s dumb enough to air that opinion in public, multiple times, on camera.

Rep. Trey Gowdy says, “I can’t even get past the irony to get to the arrogance.” Is this really a “smoking gun,” though, or just confirmation about the nature of progressive elitists? Kelly and Gowdy debate that point, but it’s still a fait accompli. It’s an object lesson, Gowdy says, on the dangers of passing “comprehensive” legislation — like immigration reform, for which Republicans can now make Gruber the poster boy for the Obama administration’s credibility.

Update: Either Gruber makes a lot of “speak-os” or he thinks Americans are really dumb …. and therefore exploitable:

“It’s a very clever, you know, basic exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter,” Gruber, an economist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, said during a speech at the University of Rhode Island in November 2012.

He was discussing what is known as the Cadillac tax and how it came into being.

In an effort to add a cost-control measure to Obamacare, former Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, who Gruber called a “hero,” successfully pushed through a 40 percent excise tax on insurance companies for plans that cost more than $10,200 for individuals and $27,000 for families.

This was an alternative to putting a cap on tax breaks employers provide employees for health insurance plans, which, according to Gruber, the public mistook for a tax increase rather than the removal of a tax break.

“You just can’t get through, it’s just politically impossible,” Gruber said during his talk.

Let’s not forget that when Gruber calls voters stupid, it can’t be applied to those who opposed ObamaCare on the very same grounds as he states in these videos. Critics had made these arguments all along about the deceptive structure of the bill, and the lies being told to cover it up. Gruber’s talking about the Obama coalition in these remarks.

videos at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Let’s not forget that when Gruber calls voters stupid, it can’t be applied to those who opposed ObamaCare on the very same grounds as he states in these videos. Critics had made these arguments all along about the deceptive structure of the bill, and the lies being told to cover it up. Gruber’s talking about the Obama coalition in these remarks.

Could it be Obama voters are too stupid to know they're stupid?  Nawwww, that's too easy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:30:26 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

Could it be Obama voters are too stupid to know they're stupid?  Nawwww, that's too easy.

Actually, I think it is worse than that.  Not only are they too stupid to know they are really stupid, they fancy themselves as being very bright.  That is something that is impossible to counter.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

I heard the tape of Gruber's comments on Levin's show earlier this evening. He spoke with such rapidity and with such smarmy arrogance that I wanted to reach through the radio and kick his elitist ass.

Offline Lando Lincoln

I heard the tape of Gruber's comments on Levin's show earlier this evening. He spoke with such rapidity and with such smarmy arrogance that I wanted to reach through the radio and kick his elitist ass.

Elitist arrogance is so difficult to absorb.
John Steinbeck

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Sadly, what he said about voters isn't far from the truth.  Many if not the majority are stupid.

They can tell you about Kim Kardashian's latest butt picture, but couldn't tell you who the Vice President is.
They can tell you all about the latest reality show fad, but couldn't name the three branches of government.
They can give you a 5 hour diatribe on legalizing weed, but couldn't name a member of the Supreme Court or what it even does.
They follow every freakazoid on Twitter (see person mentioned in #1) but have no clue who is their Representative is in Congress.
They can name every pop culture icon (idiot) but couldn't name a single Founding Father or even tell you what they did.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." -Sir Winston Churchill
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sadly, what he said about voters isn't far from the truth.  Many if not the majority are stupid.

They can tell you about Kim Kardashian's latest butt picture, but couldn't tell you who the Vice President is.
They can tell you all about the latest reality show fad, but couldn't name the three branches of government.
They can give you a 5 hour diatribe on legalizing weed, but couldn't name a member of the Supreme Court or what it even does.
They follow every freakazoid on Twitter (see person mentioned in #1) but have no clue who is their Representative is in Congress.
They can name every pop culture icon (idiot) but couldn't name a single Founding Father or even tell you what they did.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." -Sir Winston Churchill

I was just talking to Mrs. Liberty about that.  It's not so much that he lied, but that he did it to get a bill passed by deceit.  This ties something:  We've always know that Obama knew he was lying when he said the famous lie about keeping your doctor.  This proves that he knew. 

He was right when he said they were stupid.  Ignorant would be a better term.  What bugs me is the fact that the people you described don't care, and will somehow blame our side when the whole thing goes tits up.  Our future is in their hands.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:18:42 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Lando Lincoln

I was just talking to Mrs. Liberty about that.  It's not so much that he lied, but that he did it to get a bill passed by deceit.  This ties something:  We've always know that Obama knew he was lying when he said the famous lie about keeping your doctor.  This proves that he knew. 

He was right when he said they were stupid.  Ignorant would be a better term.  What bugs me is the fact that the people you described don't care, and will somehow blame our side when the whole thing goes tits up.  Our future is in their hands.

Exactly, deceit calculated to achieve an end.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Exactly, deceit calculated to achieve an end.

Has anyone else here ever heard the words "By any means necessary"?

This is a prefect illustration of what they mean in practice.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Judging from my liberal friends (I admit it, I have a few) - they were so "turned on" by the thought of "free" healthcare for all, that they would have looked over anything to get it passed.  Of course, we know it isn't free, except for the people that get everything free anyway - but I can't convince my stupid liberal friends of that.  They think that as long as the rich are having to pay for it - they don't really care what it costs. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Has anyone else here ever heard the words "By any means necessary"?

This is a prefect illustration of what they mean in practice.

Wasn't that the phrase famously uttered by Malcolm X?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Wasn't that the phrase famously uttered by Malcolm X?

Absolutely! But he did not coin the phrase. He borrowed it from someone who came along much earlier!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_any_means_necessary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhg6LxyTnY8
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Indeed. Sadly, they're wilfully ignorant. Eww, the news is so boring! I don't have time to read the newspaper, I'm at level whatever in Candy Crush! Where's my free healthcare?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Indeed. Sadly, they're wilfully ignorant. Eww, the news is so boring! I don't have time to read the newspaper, I'm at level whatever in Candy Crush! Where's my free healthcare?
Shhh!  Honey Boo Boo is on.  Her mom's available you know....
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

I feel pretty good about myself .... 'cuz I don't have a clue who honey boo-boo is.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Shhh!  Honey Boo Boo is on.  Her mom's available you know....

EWWWWWW!! :facepalm:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.