Author Topic: Jesse Ventura: Military doesn't 'fight for our freedom'  (Read 897 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Jesse Ventura: Military doesn't 'fight for our freedom'
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:30:50 am »
The most hated man in the US doubles down.

Former wrestler and Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura has some harsh words for the armed forces this Veterans Day: If given the option today, he'd opt out of military service.

"I hate to say it, but no, I would be a conscientious objector today," the Navy special forces veteran said in a video posted Tuesday. "I don't believe that the military fights for our freedom."

"They give them all the ra ra at the stadiums, and they cheer 'em on," said Ventura, who served as a Reform Party governor of the North Star state from 1999 to 2003. "But when the veterans come home, we pretty much forget about them. They're old news. They're yesterday's garbage. And it's time to move on to the next war."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/11/politics/jesse-ventura-veterans-day/

Offline olde north church

Re: Jesse Ventura: Military doesn't 'fight for our freedom'
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 02:32:10 am »
What a f*cking dildo.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 02:38:25 am »
Proof that steroids can fry one's brain.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 02:40:32 am »
Too many aluminum folding chairs to the head...perhaps?    :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:40:33 am »
Guy lost his marbles.. If he had any..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 03:57:04 am »
He's just looking for money as the left's antiwar Vet. I wouldn't be surprised if he's funded by George Soros.