Author Topic: Harry Bosch TV series  (Read 747 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Harry Bosch TV series
« on: November 08, 2014, 10:17:59 pm »
Detective Hieronymus 'Harry' Bosch  is a literary character created by Michael Connelly in the 1992 novel The Black Echo, and the lead character in a police procedural series now numbering seventeen novels. The novels are more or less coincident in time frame with the year in which they were published.

Harry, as he is commonly known by his associates, is a veteran police homicide detective with the Los Angeles Police Department. Bosch was named after the 15th century Dutch artist, Hieronymus Bosch.

A new TV series - Bosch - based on the character in the books, will be starting in February 2015 on Amazon Prime. The pilot was uploaded in February 2014 and is available for viewing. Titus Welliver plays Bosch.

By the way, if you do not already have Amazon Prime, the price has increased to $99 per year.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:55:50 am by Machiavelli »

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Harry Bosch TV series
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 10:30:34 pm »
Thanks Machiavelli.   I've read every Bosch novel by Connelly, as well as the Lincoln Lawyer series.  Really enjoy Connelly's novels. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 12:17:48 am »
I have read almost all of the stories, and watched the pilot on Amazon. Love the books, but one episode is not enough for me to judge the on screen series, yet.

I look forward to watching the series. (In the pilot the actors didn't work with me, but I'll keep an open mind).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:53:00 am »
I am also a big Harry Bosch fan.  He and Jack Reacher are my two favorites.  I have listened to all of the audio books in the series.  I listen during my workouts.  10 hours a week.  Will keep an eye out for this series.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 01:24:22 am »
I like Jack Reacher too.

BTW, even though Lee Child gave his approval, Tom Cruise is NOT Jack Reacher!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 01:36:01 am »
I like Jack Reacher too.

BTW, even though Lee Child gave his approval, Tom Cruise is NOT Jack Reacher!

Lol.  Not even close.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 01:57:39 am »
I am also a big Harry Bosch fan.  He and Jack Reacher are my two favorites.  I have listened to all of the audio books in the series.  I listen during my workouts.  10 hours a week.  Will keep an eye out for this series.

I liked Reacher until his last one.  To me he's more believable as a hitchhiker on a country road than working with US and British intelligence agencies.  Lee Child though simply doesn't know much about the US military, and I always wondered why he kept going back to that.  Another thing that's gotten old is the silly probabilities Reacher uses for everything.  But nothing lasts forever.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 02:29:18 am »
I liked Reacher until his last one.  To me he's more believable as a hitchhiker on a country road than working with US and British intelligence agencies.  Lee Child though simply doesn't know much about the US military, and I always wondered why he kept going back to that.  Another thing that's gotten old is the silly probabilities Reacher uses for everything.  But nothing lasts forever.

I haven't read the last one yet. I don't buy the books, I check them out of the library. I just now put in a request for the book.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 02:32:24 am »
I haven't read the last one yet. I don't buy the books, I check them out of the library. I just now put in a request for the book.
Old School, go to library, touch, hold and take book. Cool Me too some of the time. No eBooks, yet for me.

We have great libraries, including would you believe, genealogy? In California, not Utah !!

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 03:02:36 am »

Hope you enjoy it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 03:03:23 am »

I am on the fifth one.  I have a way to go yet.  I have heard all the Harry Bosch novels.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:04:23 am by massadvj »