Author Topic: DNC chief: We have a problem  (Read 661 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DNC chief: We have a problem
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/223434-report-dnc-to-launch-top-to-bottom-review-of-midterm-strategy

November 08, 2014, 03:20 pm
DNC chief: We have a problem
By Sarah Ferris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqdoA7HNQCo

The Democratic National Committee is planning a "top-to-bottom assessment" of its campaign strategy after suffering worse-than-expected defeats in last week’s midterm elections.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-Fla.), who leads the group, announced Saturday that a committee will examine the party’s performance in the 2014 and 2010 elections.

"We are going to look at where we fell short. We're going to identify our mistakes," she said in a video that was sent to party supporters.

"Our party has a problem," she added.

The committee will specifically look at messaging, get-out-the-vote efforts and digital operations. It will form in the next few weeks and present a report at the organization's winter meeting in early 2015.

This year's midterms lost the Democrats a total of 12 House seats and seven Senate seats, a stunning blow that went beyond most election forecasts. The GOP also unseated three Democratic governors in historically blue states.

"I'm not going to gloss over the facts: On Tuesday, the Republicans had a good night. We didn't. We worked hard for months, we even won a few tough races, but it wasn't enough," she said.

In addition to losing control of the Senate this week, the Democratic party has lost 69 seats since Obama took office.

Democrats have historically struggled in midterm elections, which has a far lower turnout among younger and more diverse voters – a key part of the party’s base.

The party had better luck in 2012, however, when the president helped Democrats win back eight seats in the House.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: DNC chief: We have a problem
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:44:54 pm »
"Our party has a problem". - DWS

<---------- Problem.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Kansas

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 10:30:58 pm »
Debbie, I can tell you what the demorat party's problem is.  Stop using the Communist Manifesto as a DNC playbook. :tongue2:
"How do you tell a communist?  Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin.  How do you tell an anti-communist?  It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin"-Ronald Reagan

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 01:06:49 am »
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the biggest problem of all?  "It is you, stupid!"

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 01:13:35 am »
She continues to cling to the notion that the Democrat Party has a branding problem, when in fact the problem is with the product itself -- the core ideology, or more specifically, the consequences of the policies emanating therefrom.

Offline RaccoonRevolution

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 05:24:41 am »
I think she's doing a great job.