Author Topic: DEMOCRATIC SENATOR MANCHIN UNLOADS ON OBAMA  (Read 736 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DEMOCRATIC SENATOR MANCHIN UNLOADS ON OBAMA
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:20:10 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/05/Democratic-Senator-Unloads-on-Obama

by WYNTON HALL  5 Nov 2014, 8:50 AM PDT

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) blasted President Barack Obama Tuesday night in the wake of a devastating Democratic defeat in the midterm elections.

"It doesn't make sense that we have to fight so hard against our own government and our own administration and our President to try to find a balance," said Manchin on MSNBC.

Manchin said West Virginians have "the perception of the government attacking them, which basically is what's happening."

Manchin added, "The people are speaking loud and clear. They don't like what they're seeing. I don't like what I've been involved with the last four years and I've been very vocal about that."

Manchin and fuming Democrats may be end up frustrated if they expect Obama to change in the wake of catastrophic Democratic losses.
"He doesn't feel repudiated," an Obama aide told the New York Times.

Still, even progressives like Huffington Post Washington bureau chief Howard Fineman say Tuesday's GOP wave means "the Obama era is over."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: DEMOCRATIC SENATOR MANCHIN UNLOADS ON OBAMA
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 12:23:53 am »
Could he switch parties?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:36:26 am »
Could he switch parties?

I'm thinking maybe we have the beginnings of Democrats voting WITH the Republicans.  Call it self-preservation or whatever.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 12:38:34 am »
Could he switch parties?

West Virginia has been savaged by Obama's War on Coal.

He might switch. But if he did, as with most modern politicians the relevant determining question would be: "What's in it for me?"
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 12:58:09 am »
"the Obama era is over." That is truth.

Obama has spent six years hiding under Harry Reid's skirt. From under the skirt of Harry Reid he has heaped ridicule, insults, arrogance, and outright derision on all of Congress and on both parties. "I am the King", says Obama, "you are all just clowns and fools."

Now that Reid has been slapped out of the way, Obama is going to reap what he has sown.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 12:58:25 am »

He might switch. But if he did, as with most modern politicians the relevant determining question would be: "What's in it for me?"

And since his vote would be largely irrelevant anyway they would likely not offer him much.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 01:44:05 am »
I'm thinking maybe we have the beginnings of Democrats voting WITH the Republicans.  Call it self-preservation or whatever.
A veto proof House is 357 votes, and I doubt that many dems are inclined to go against Obama, if for no other reason than their belief in his positions.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 01:51:42 am »

If McConnell allows Manchin to switch, I'll actually be mad.  Let Joe stay with his Dems, tie him to Obama, and put in a conservative GOP to beat him in 2016.  He could have switched when he ran against Obama as some sort of "independent" Democrat in 2010. 

Screw him, and screw Angus King, too.  Their votes don't mean anything in terms of committee votes, and if they want to vote for cloture for controversial bills starting next January, let them do so as Democrats.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 03:07:38 am »
Title:
[[ DEMOCRATIC SENATOR MANCHIN UNLOADS ON OBAMA ]]

Well, Joe, do the right thing -- for your state, and for your political career.

Switch parties, and act like you mean it.