Author Topic: Pelosi to seek new term as Dem leader  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi to seek new term as Dem leader
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:23:57 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/223131-pelosi-to-run-for-new-term-as-dem-leader

By Mike Lillis - 11/05/14 05:44 PM EST
Nipping speculation in the bud, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Wednesday that she'll seek to remain the Democratic leader in the next Congress.

In a letter to House Democrats, Pelosi announced a new initiative for getting out the vote and asked her colleagues for support.
"Only by changing our political environment and broadening the universe of the electorate can we build a strong sense of community and an economy that works for everyone," Pelosi wrote.

"This basic and even non-partisan challenge, which many of you told me you share, has convinced me to place my name in nomination for Leader when our Caucus meets."

Pelosi made the decision after Democrats suffered a devastating setback in Tuesday's midterm elections. Republicans captured the Senate and won their largest House majority since the 1940s.

Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) on Wednesday also announced he will seek to remain Democratic whip in the next Congress.

“I’ve heard from many of you that we need to have a united Caucus, led by a strong leadership team, that will show the American people what we stand for while making progress with Republicans where we can,” he said in a statement.

“That is why I am running to be the Democratic Whip in the 114th Congress, and I look forward to continuing to serve the Caucus.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Pelosi to seek new term as Dem leader
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:45:29 pm »
Pelosi and Reid? Those two old fools are volunteering for more abuse? Won't she need another facelift, for 2 more years of service?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 01:53:47 am »
Um correct me if I am wrong but..... Pelosi being the leader of the house dems.... Isn't part of her job to help them get elected/re-elected?   I SEE a BIG FAIL on her part, so why would anyone want to keep her in that position??? :thud:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:22:36 am »
The media continue to stir the pot over every little bit of discord among Republicans, and claim it will be their destruction, etc.

Why no media about what individual democrats think should be done, to remedy their getting clobbered?

Seriously,  many of them MUST have concerns, be somewhat angry that Obama was the reason they lost their 2006 majorities.

Surely some of the ones that got beaten, might have something to say. But I suppose they know best, that if they spoke they might be dubbed racist, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline speekinout

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:30:07 am »
I do so want Reid/Pelosi/Hoyer to keep their positions of power! I want to go into 2016 elections with those three and 0bama still the face of the dim party. It's such a help for my side!  :0001: