Author Topic: Pollster: Obama May Be The ‘Most Destructive’ President To His Own Party....NEIL MUNRO  (Read 676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/04/pollster-obama-may-be-the-most-destructive-president-to-his-own-party/

Pollster: Obama May Be The ‘Most Destructive’ President To His Own Party
11:47 AM 11/04/2014

If pre-election polls prove true, President Barack Obama will have inflicted more midterm damage to his own party than any modern president, according to pollster Glen Bolger.

Obama is “likely to be [the] most destructive president to his party in mid-terms in recent political history,” according to Bolger, a founder of the GOP-aligned polling firm, Public Opinion Strategies.

He’s on track to lose 70 Democratic House seats and at least nine Senate seats that were held by his party when he was sworn into office Jan. 20, 2009, Bolger wrote in a blog post.

That’s worse than President Richard Nixon, who lost a total of 60 GOP-held House seats and three GOP-held Senate seats in the 1970 and 1974 midterms.

President Bill Clinton cost his party eight Senate seats and 47 House seats, largely because of his disastrous loss to Rep. Newt Gingrich in the 1994 midterm, when the GOP gained control of the House after a decade of Democratic control.

Obama has already lost 63 seats in his disastrous post-Obamacare midterm in 2010, when the tea party swept the GOP’s populist legislators and establishment leaders back into power.

That “shellacking” gives him a comfortable lead over Nixon’s 60-seat House loss.

Obama also lost six Senate seats in 2010, and he’s expected to lose another five to nine seats on Tuesday.

If he loses five in 2014, he will have lost 11 seats, giving him a large lead over Clinton’s loss of eight seats.

If Obama loses seven Senate seats, he’ll have a commanding lead of minus 13 Senate seats that may last for decades.

Surprisingly, George W. Bush has a much better record than Obama in midterm losses. He only lost 22 GOP House seats and four GOP Senate seats in 2002 and 2006.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Surprisingly, George W. Bush has a much better record than Obama in midterm losses. He only lost 22 GOP House seats and four GOP Senate seats in 2002 and 2006.

Imagine the outcome had the media been attacking Bambi as they did GWB...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Imagine the outcome had the media been attacking Bambi as they did GWB...

There would not be any democrats left in Washington if that happened!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:08:47 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

There would not be any democrats left in Washington if that happened!

Yup
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:38:43 pm by Bigun »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FTA:
President Bill Clinton cost his party eight Senate seats and 47 House seats, largely because of his disastrous loss to Rep. Newt Gingrich in the 1994 midterm, when the GOP gained control of the House after a decade of Democratic control.

Uh, more like four decades of Democrat control.  Furthermore, it had been six decades since the Republicans had control of the House for two consecutive sessions.  I hate to put on a nitpicker hat, but to say it was a decade diminishes Gingrich's accomplishment.  It took me about 30 seconds to verify that at house.gov.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GourmetDan wrote above:
[[ Imagine the outcome had the media been attacking Bambi as they did GWB... ]]

Heck, I don't believe ABC News even -knew- there was going to be an election on November 4th, judging from the amount of press coverage they gave it on their nightly news....  ;)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
GourmetDan wrote above:
[[ Imagine the outcome had the media been attacking Bambi as they did GWB... ]]

Heck, I don't believe ABC News even -knew- there was going to be an election on November 4th, judging from the amount of press coverage they gave it on their nightly news....  ;)

I wouldn't know because I don't watch them! Neither do I watch CBS, NBC, or CNN and if everyone followed suit they would not be able to stay on the air!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien