Author Topic: Michelle Obama grants black people permission to eat fried chicken if they vote today  (Read 308 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/11/michelle_obama_grants_black_people_permission_to_eat_fried_chicken_emifem_they_vote_today.html

November 4, 2014
Michelle Obama grants black people permission to eat fried chicken if they vote today
By Thomas Lifson

Speaking to Roland Martin on a black-oriented radio program, News One for Black America, Michelle Obama engaged in racial stereotyping that would get a white politician excommunicated from decent society, while joking about her belief in her own status as food czar.  Kristinn Taylor of Gateway Pundit transcribed the relevant portion of the interview:

Martin: So can we, if we go out to the polls, can we say, we have ‘souls to the polls’ on Sunday, can we do ‘soul food after we vote’?

Obama: Absolutely, I give everyone full permission to eat some fried chicken after they vote only after—if you haven’t voted…(laughter.)

Martin: Just checking!

Obama: You make a good point because I am, I do talk about health. But I think that a good victory for Democrats on Tuesday, you know, should be rewarded with some fried chicken.

Although clearly meant in humor, as humor often does, the exchange reveals what she really thinks: she does consider herself arbiter of what people can eat, and her condescending belief that she is in a position to grant black people the right to eat a food that is stereotypically identified with blacks.  Perhaps she left out watermelon only because it is just about out of season now.

There used to be a vein of racist humor about black people, fried chicken, and Election Day.  I had thought those days were gone.  But the rules do not apply to Michelle Obama, apparently.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

She and her 'husband' are despicable, manipulative, arrogant, and sometimes downright creepy, people.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.