Author Topic: PAT CADDELL: 'HIGHER ORDERS' FROM 'OTHER MASTERS' PREVENTING GOP ESTABLISHMENT FROM RUNNING AGAINST AMNESTY  (Read 2734 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/03/Pat-Caddell-Higher-Orders-from-Other-Masters-Preventing-GOP-Establishment-from-Running-Against-Amnesty

by TONY LEE  3 Nov 2014, 7:15 AM PDT

Hours after Mitt Romney declared that Republicans should pass amnesty legislation if the GOP takes back Congress, Pat Caddell blasted the incompetent Republican establishment for being beholden to their "other masters" and not nationalizing the illegal immigration issue.

On Breitbart News Sunday, Caddell, the Fox News analyst and former Jimmy Carter adviser who long ago figured out that Americans were disenchanted with politics because they hated the permanent political class, said "Republicans have failed to put a race away" this cycle even though Obama's numbers are so low and "there is such anxiety about the future of the country."

"They are just like watching French and British generals in World War I," Caddell said of the GOP establishment to host and Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon. "They learn nothing and forget everything. It's amazing."

Caddell said Republicans have failed to offer the country a "positive message" and nationalize the election against Obama's agenda. He said Americans dislike "intensely both political parties" because "they feel they are getting screwed--and they are." Caddell said that since Obama said his policies are on the ballot, Republicans should have had a simple message: "If you're against those policies, send President Barack Obama a message. Vote Republican."

But Caddell said Republican establishment advisers "have other masters," and that is why GOP candidates are not running against illegal immigration. Caddell acknowledged that the "immigration issue is the single biggest switch I have seen on an issue." Americans, Caddell said, have been "changed on immigration" and are against President Barack Obama's executive amnesty after "what's happened the last three months ever since the children showed up and Breitbart [News]" published leaked photos of illegal immigrant children being warehoused.

"And only Scott Brown has made it an issue," Caddell said, referring to the Republican New Hampshire Senate candidate who turned his race into a dead heat after running on illegal immigration.

Regarding amnesty and illegal immigration, Caddell noted that establishment Republicans even in the South are generally "not allowed to speak of it" because they have "higher orders" to obey from their "other masters."

"The political class of the Republican party is interested in two things: preserving positions and getting money," Caddell said, mentioning that "even moderates and Democrats are upset about executive amnesty."

Obama, realizing that immigration is his worst issue, delayed his executive amnesty to give Senate Democrats a better chance at retaining control. He said Americans hate both parties in a country in which people believe the American Dream is fading, and the bipartisan support in D.C. for amnesty legislation "is a big part of it."

But he said the media establishment conceals the true reason--like the bipartisan support of amnesty--that Americans hate Washington because they favor policy outcomes like comprehensive amnesty legislation.

Caddell thunderously said that "the political media class keep telling the American people to eat what they won't eat."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Pat Caddell absolutely NAILS it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

...Pat Caddell blasted the incompetent Republican establishment for being beholden to their "other masters"...

Gee... ya think?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

I've come to the conclusion that Pat Caddell is a flake who makes his living being a Democrat who trashes his own party.  (And have you seen his terrible hair?)

Doug Schoen is similar. I can't imagine any Democrat organization having anything to do with these guys.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I've come to the conclusion that Pat Caddell is a flake who makes his living being a Democrat who trashes his own party.  (And have you seen his terrible hair?)

Doug Schoen is similar. I can't imagine any Democrat organization having anything to do with these guys.
They are well paid political analysts/entertainers, with predictable analyses and dialogues. It is simply a career path, requiring a specific skillset.

Nothing new about it. Pat Buchanan was and remains severely critical of Republicans, which he once was.

Cadell is often one of the best and objective in his analysis.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Relic

And in direct opposition to your statement, he's currently trashing Republicans. So, one can conclude that you just wanted to smear Caddell in some way?

rangerrebew

Caddell looks as if he has is wearing a permanent Halloween mask.  Fat face, bushy eyebrows, eyes that look in different directions.  I was watching him on some news show and I couldn't keep watching as he looked so weird.

Offline MACVSOG68

But Caddell said Republican establishment advisers "have other masters," and that is why GOP candidates are not running against illegal immigration.

Yeah, the "other masters" are otherwise known as the American people, who, most polls show, really do want comprehensive reform, and that generally means dealing with both the border security and legalization issues. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yeah, the "other masters" are otherwise known as the American people, who, most polls show, really do want comprehensive reform, and that generally means dealing with both the border security and legalization issues.

No! The "other masters" are anything but the American people or they wouldn't be trashing the TEA party!  They are, in fact,  the K Street lobbyist bastards who provide the money to fund their next election and who LOVE big government just as much, if not more, than the Democrats do!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:19:40 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Caddell is a good barometer. He's not a hack for either party. He's an American first. He remembers an America that made sense, when immigration laws were written with America's interest first -- not the US Chamber of Commerce.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Caddell is a good barometer. He's not a hack for either party. He's an American first. He remembers an America that made sense, when immigration laws were written with America's interest first -- not the US Chamber of Commerce.

B I N G O ! ! !
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:48:19 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

:beer:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MACVSOG68

No! The "other masters" are anything but the American people or they wouldn't be trashing the TEA party!  They are, in fact,  the K Street lobbyist bastards who provide the money to fund their next election and who LOVE big government just as much, if not more, than the Democrats do!

So just because most Americans believe in comprehensive reform, mainstream Republicans are only going along with them to appease the K Street lobbyists...who are going along with what most Americans want?

Umm, okay. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So just because most Americans believe in comprehensive reform, mainstream Republicans are only going along with them to appease the K Street lobbyists...who are going along with what most Americans want?

Umm, okay.

Show me the data that says "Most Americans want Comprehensive Reform"  and we'll talk! 

I'm not talking about phony polls either! I want to see REAL quantifiable DATA!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

Show me the data that says "Most Americans want Comprehensive Reform"  and we'll talk! 

I'm not talking about phony polls either! I want to see REAL quantifiable DATA!

So if you don't accept polling data going back nine years, what kind of REAL quantifiable DATA would work for you?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So if you don't accept polling data going back nine years, what kind of REAL quantifiable DATA would work for you?

I didn't say I wouldn't accept ANY polling data but I would want to see the entire poll  including ALL of the internals first! The K street crowd and the Media have been driving this agenda for all nine of those years and in cased you missed it, I don't trust then at all on anything!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:31:40 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

good point

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

So Bigun, you don't support comprehensive reform of our immigration laws?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So Bigun, you don't support comprehensive reform of our immigration laws?

No sir I do not! But  I would HIGHLY support ENFORCING the ones we currently have!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

Umm, okay.

What does "comprehensive reform" mean?

It means what people think it means, and that covers a huge swath of possibilities. For some, it means border security and legal immigration based on objective standards. For others, it means amnesty for illegals.

As used by American politicians of both stripes, it means nothing definitive, because as with most political shorthand, its purpose is to justify whatever its current proponent believes is most conducive to electoral success.

Accordingly, polls based upon "approval" or "disapproval" tend to reflect the objective values of voters far less than a choice between the options that are afforded them, and what poll respondents understand them to mean.

As such, such surveys should be treated with a skeptical eye and a critical mind.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

It means what people think it means, and that covers a huge swath of possibilities. For some, it means border security and legal immigration based on objective standards. For others, it means amnesty for illegals.

As used by American politicians of both stripes, it means nothing definitive, because as with most political shorthand, its purpose is to justify whatever its current proponent believes is most conducive to electoral success.

Accordingly, polls based upon "approval" or "disapproval" tend to reflect the objective values of voters far less than a choice between the options that are afforded them, and what poll respondents understand them to mean.

As such, such surveys should be treated with a skeptical eye and a critical mind.

:beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

I didn't say I wouldn't accept ANY polling data but I would want to see the entire poll  including ALL of the internals first! The K street crowd and the Media have been driving this agenda for all nine of those years and in cased you missed it, I don't trust then at all on anything!

Zero in on any of them Bigun, and I'm sure you can see all the backups.  Occasionally, as when the influx of illegal children took place, a couple of the polls turned around, but for the most part at least back to 2005, almost all of them reflected a major portion of those polled showed a desire for comprehensive reform including stronger border security and reasonable handling of those already here. 

Of note too, the left hammers the same polling companies because they show that most Americans don't like abortion on demand, and don't want gun control.  And again these same polling firms are showing Obamacare and Obama's other policies in an unfavorable light, resulting in the left calling them rightwing toadies.

So it seems nobody likes the polls if they don't like the results.

Offline MACVSOG68

Of course, one can always go and look at them.  Problem with that of course is that one would have to find a reason why poll after poll is part of a huge conspiracy, especially when the same polls show results of issues favorable to the conservatives. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Zero in on any of them Bigun, and I'm sure you can see all the backups.  Occasionally, as when the influx of illegal children took place, a couple of the polls turned around, but for the most part at least back to 2005, almost all of them reflected a major portion of those polled showed a desire for comprehensive reform including stronger border security and reasonable handling of those already here. 

Of note too, the left hammers the same polling companies because they show that most Americans don't like abortion on demand, and don't want gun control.  And again these same polling firms are showing Obamacare and Obama's other policies in an unfavorable light, resulting in the left calling them rightwing toadies.

So it seems nobody likes the polls if they don't like the results.

I don't like them because I know how they are done and for what purpose they are done.  (It isn't to measure anyone's opinion but rather influence it!)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Luis wrote above:
[[ So Bigun, you don't support comprehensive reform of our immigration laws? ]]

I’m not Bigun, but I can tell you point blank that no, I DO NOT support comprehensive reform — or ANY kind of — “reform” to our immigration laws.

Enforce the existing laws — and there are PLENTY of them — that are on the books FIRST.

SECURE THE BORDER first.

The only thing I want to see “reformed” is the Fourteenth Amendment, and have it modified to remove “birthright citizenship” regardless of parental status. We can do this through an Article V “Convention of the States”.

The RINOS on this forum will tell you that we need “immigration reform”, just as the leftists will tell you we need “election reform”.

In either case, “reform” is a euphemism to subvert our existing laws and practices.

Reform?
NO !!!!