Author Topic: Hillary Clinton tries to clarify jobs comment  (Read 557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Clinton tries to clarify jobs comment
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:11:59 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=34338C6E-CC87-4116-A592-6DB6D25515FE

Hillary Clinton tries to clarify jobs comment
By: Maggie Haberman
October 27, 2014 01:15 PM EDT

Hillary Clinton on Monday mopped up her botched statement from a rally in Massachusetts last week, making it clear she’d misspoken and hadn’t intended to deliver a fresh economic policy message.

Clinton’s cleanup came as she campaigned with Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney in Somers, about 90 minutes north of New York City, after two days in which Republicans bandied the likely White House candidate’s Friday comment on social media and it began gaining broader attention.

“Don’t let anybody tell you that corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton had said at the rally in Boston, where she appeared on behalf of gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley along with Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a populist, anti-Big Banks crusader who has become the wished-for candidate from some progressives for 2016.

A Clinton aide later said the former secretary of state had meant to talk about tax breaks in that sentence, which led into a line about how trickle-down economics had “failed spectacularly” — a sentiment she has long held. The overall context was clear that she had left words out of a sentence; the comment made little sense without it.

But some Democrats who back Clinton said privately she appeared to be trying too hard to capture the Warren rhetoric and adjust to the modern economic progressive language — much in the way President Barack Obama did during a campaign rally in 2012, when, discussing businesses’ relationships to the infrastructure of cities, he said, “You didn’t build that.”

In Somers on Monday, Clinton called for a raise in the minimum wage and said, “Look, I know the Republicans will tell you raising wages kill jobs except for wages at the very top, so trickle-down can create jobs.”

But she noted that when her husband was president the minimum wage was raised, and that she voted for its increase when she served as a senator from New York.

“We are supposed to be about upward mobility,” she said.

Nan Hayworth, Maloney’s rival, represents “a discredited economic theory that will hurt middle-class families,” Clinton said. “I shorthanded this point the other day, so let me be absolutely clear on what [I’ve been saying for decades].

“Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in America and workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up. … Not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas.”

Maloney, who talked extensively about getting his start in national politics by working on Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential run, is one of the only House candidates Hillary Clinton is individually helping with a public rally.

The event, at Heritage Hills, a housing complex, was attended primarily by senior citizens.

In addition to the mop-up, Clinton tried out a few new lines, describing Maloney as part of the ongoing bridge to the 21st century.

He’s part of “a new political mission to make our government work again for the people of the country that we love,” said Clinton — another sentence that could end up as part of her own stump speech.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Hillary Clinton tries to clarify jobs comment
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »
"The event, at Heritage Hills, a housing complex, was attended primarily by senior citizens."

You know, it's tough enough having to be old, do they need to be tortured like that too?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:02:03 pm »
That is how democrats always do it.  Make some crazy ass statements that explodes in their faces then "apologize" or "clarify" their statements.  The media forgives them but the thought has been planted.

rangerrebew

Hillary Clinton Was Against Businesses Creating Jobs Before She Was For Them
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:56:36 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Hillary Clinton Was Against Businesses Creating Jobs Before She Was For Them

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On October 27, 2014 @ 10:16 pm In The Point | 7 Comments

First Hillary Clinton said, and I quote, “Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs.”

Apparently someone pointed out to her that she was…

1. Economically illiterate

2. Businesses are providing the private jets to her six figure speeches about nothing

So she wants another shot at explaining what she meant.

“I short-handed this point the other day, so let me be absolutely clear about what I’ve been saying for a couple of decades.”

“Our economy grows when businesses and entrepreneurs create good-paying jobs here in America and workers and families are empowered to build from the bottom up and the middle out — not when we hand out tax breaks for corporations that outsource jobs or stash their profits overseas.”

Let Hillary be clear. She means that businesses create jobs.

When she said, “Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs” that was shorthand for businesses create jobs.

How could it be any more obvious?

Also when I said that, “Hillary is a completely amoral candidate who can’t stop lying who would be better suited to chasing gophers around a parking lot than being president”… I meant that she’s the best candidate this country has ever seen.

I was just short-handing it.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/hillary-clinton-was-against-businesses-creating-jobs-before-she-was-for-them/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 05:14:29 pm »
Phssssh!  Garbage from Politico.

Clinton meant what she said, and said what she meant, and it was in context.  Look where she was:  She was sharing a stage with her number one enemy from the left, Fauxahontas.  She remembers well being knocked off from the left by the most inept President ever, and isn't about to allow that to happen again. 

She was trying to out-Warren Warren (who has said things that were breathtakingly stupid), and said something really idiotic in the process.  Politico is just trying to get her wheels back on the track.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 05:47:39 pm »
But she noted that when her husband was president the minimum wage was raised, and that she voted for its increase when she served as a senator from New York.

“We are supposed to be about upward mobility,” she said.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And a loaf of bread will cost $1,000,001.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: