Author Topic: Gunman in Custody After Killing Two California Deputies  (Read 553 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Gunman in Custody After Killing Two California Deputies
« on: October 25, 2014, 12:20:14 am »
An assailant who shot three sheriff's deputies, two fatally, and a bystander in the Sacramento County area has been taken into custody, a spokeswoman for the Placer County sheriff said Friday night.

Spokeswoman Dena Erwin said 34-year-old Marcelo Marquez, who also tried to carjack two vehicles, was taken alive Friday afternoon from a home in Auburn.

She also announced that a second deputy shot by the suspect had died. The third deputy was shot in the arm and "sitting up and talking."

Fox 40 earlier reported that a female suspect with the gunman had been apprehended.

Sheriff John Scott earlier identified the first dead officer as Deputy Danny Oliver, a 15-year veteran, who had been shot in the head. The second victim was not immediately identified.

Erwin told FOX40 the department was "just insanely angry how this can happen, in one day guy kills two cops and injures another."

Sheriff's spokeswoman Sgt. Lisa Bowman said the deputy was approaching a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot the Arden Way area of Sacramento near a Motel 6 when he was shot before 11 a.m. Friday. The Associated Press said the shooter was carrying AR-15 type assault rifle.

"The person who was inside of the vehicle shot rounds at the officer," she said during a press conference on Friday. "At least one shot was fired at our deputy, striking him at least one time."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/24/manhunt-underway-for-gunman-who-shot-3-california-sheriff-deputies-bystander/

The most important thing of course is that the gun was an "assault rifle."
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Gunman in Custody After Killing Two California Deputies
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 12:36:18 am »
My guess an illegal.....just a wild guess mind you...not profiling... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 12:58:15 am »
My guess an illegal.....just a wild guess mind you...not profiling... :smokin:

White tea party, NRA member no doubt.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:02:20 am »
Kelly just said this was a terrorist act.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 01:06:19 am »
Kelly just said this was a terrorist act.

Marcelo Marquez is a Muslim?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 01:07:20 am »
Marcelo Marquez is a Muslim?

I'd be more likely to think a cartel connection.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 01:11:16 am »
I agree. It is confusing. But there are many definitions of terrorism.

Maybe they were taking about the New York thing and I got mixed up?
I don't know. I'm half listening to TV, and half playing on the computer so...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:15:08 am »
Yes, I screwed it up. They were doing a bit on California and then jumped to New York and I missed the jump.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 01:18:26 am »
I'd be more likely to think a cartel connection.

That was my first thought when I saw his name.....not profiling though..
Support the USO