Author Topic: NYC Police Say Hatchet Attack by Islam Convert Was Terrorism  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
NYC Police Say Hatchet Attack by Islam Convert Was Terrorism
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:31:29 am »
New York City police have shot and killed a man they say critically injured a patrol officer with a hatchet in Jamaica, Queens, Thursday.

The incident, which police say happened without warning, took place on a commercial strip of Jamaica Avenue and 162nd Street around 2 p.m.

NYPD Commissioner William Bratton said a group of four rookie uniformed officers were on patrol as part of the NYPD Operation Impact initiative when a freelance photographer asked them to stand for a photograph.

They were standing near the corner when the assailant approached them and started swinging the hatchet without uttering a word. One officer, 25-year old Taylor Kraft, was struck in the head, while a second, 24-year old Joseph Meeker, was struck in the arm.

The other two officers, who suffered minor injuries, opened fire on the hatchet-wielding man, believed to be about 32 years old.

"As he continued his assault, the remaining two officers then fired multiple times on the armed suspect, who fell to the ground dropping the hatchet. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene," said Bratton.

The most seriously injured officer was rushed to Jamaica Medical Center, where he is listed in critical but stable condition after undergoing surgery. The second injured officer was also hospitalized, while another was being treated for trauma at North Shore University Hospital.

A female bystander, 29, was struck in the lower back by the gunfire. She was rushed to Jamaica Medical Center, where she underwent surgery. She is also in critical but stable condition.

http://7online.com/news/hatchet-wielding-suspect-fatally-shot-in-queens;-officer-bystander-critical/362963/
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Another recent convert?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When they don't say the name or the race, the guy is always either Muslim or Black, or both.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
When they don't say the name or the race, the guy is always either Muslim or Black, or both.

Not confirmed, but a lot of non-official sources say he is a Muslim.  Even CNN has hinted at it, but they wouldn't confirm it.  Now they're back to Ebola 24/7.

Online NavyCanDo

Until we can call it what it is, "TERRORISM" then we are powerless to stop it, and in fact are feeding its growth.   We are going to see this more and more attacks by single jihadist, and I fear we are getting very close to a much larger attack like the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya.   All it takes is one attack like that in one of our large malls during this Holiday shopping season and the panic that happens will be like nothing we have ever seen.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Until we can call it what it is, "TERRORISM" then we are powerless to stop it, and in fact are feeding its growth.   We are going to see this more and more attacks by single jihadist, and I fear we are getting very close to a much larger attack like the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya.   All it takes is one attack like that in one of our large malls during this Holiday shopping season and the panic that happens will be like nothing we have ever seen.

Obama will never call it terrorism unless it is non-Muslim white males.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Not confirmed, but a lot of non-official sources say he is a Muslim.  Even CNN has hinted at it, but they wouldn't confirm it.  Now they're back to Ebola 24/7.

Possibly his Facebook page. The Islamic images have been there for years but pages can be faked.
https://www.facebook.com/Zale.Thompson?ref=br_rs&fref=browse_search

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Possibly his Facebook page. The Islamic images have been there for years but pages can be faked.
https://www.facebook.com/Zale.Thompson?ref=br_rs&fref=browse_search

Graduated from Teacher's College, Columbia University

OMG.....Fox confirms he is a Muslim..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online NavyCanDo

Are these ISIL-related attacks in Canada and the U.S. making anyone else nervous besides me?  Our border security is a joke and relentless terrorist groups make no secret of wanting to kill us and have already been successful in doing so.   Every able bodied American ought to be armed and prepared. Those who think otherwise have their heads in the sand.

" I won't be kilt for lack of shooting back".
 The Unforgiven
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

Are these ISIL-related attacks in Canada and the U.S. making anyone else nervous besides me?  Our border security is a joke and relentless terrorist groups make no secret of wanting to kill us and have already been successful in doing so.   Every able bodied American ought to be armed and prepared. Those who think otherwise have their heads in the sand.

The Unforgiven

I think there's going to be a big attack somewhere pretty soon - but I think these lone terror attacks are going to be almost a daily thing.  Welcome to the Politically Correct Utopia! 

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion

Most if not all are going to be by US citizens, not illegals.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Unforgiven

I am nervous...my son changes into civilian clothes before he leaves but I am still worried someone will follow him home...he keeps a couple of weapons in his bedroom..I told him to bring one downstairs where he can get to it without running upstairs...of course he thinks I am over reacting... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I am nervous...my son changes into civilian clothes before he leaves but I am still worried someone will follow him home...he keeps a couple of weapons in his bedroom..I told him to bring one downstairs where he can get to it without running upstairs...of course he thinks I am over reacting... :smokin:

I keep a .45 pistol in my bedroom, and a .40 in the computer room since they're in opposite sides of the house and the areas I'm most likely to be.

Offline musiclady

The Unforgiven

3 attacks in 4 days......... heck, yeah, I'm nervous.

And for the first time in my life, I'm planning on learning to shoot........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is taking the so called, knock out game, which was never a 'game' and was also a form of terrorism, to a deadly level.

But Obama will never take any of this seriously because it is Holder's and his people doing it.

The Tea Party are the real terrorists, not the Muslims.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I'm just waiting for some of this kind of jihadis from west Africa to come over here with Ebola and spread it far and wide...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline olde north church

Just a heads up here; some in the muslim community are view the recent attacks as "false flags". 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

Yep, and it would be used as a reason to further disarm Americans.  The exact opposite of what should happen.

If 25-30% of people in public were concealed-carry, these muslims wouldn't even get off a second shot...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Lando Lincoln

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:45:47 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

Offline Millee

How soon until this is dismissed as "suicide by cop"??   :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
3 attacks in 4 days......... heck, yeah, I'm nervous.

And for the first time in my life, I'm planning on learning to shoot........

I always recommend, as a first handgun, a 38 Sepcial revolver with a 4 inch barrel.  Revolvers are the most simple and reliable, and the 4 inch barrel is to help you shoot straight.  Talk with someone at the gun store for a while before you buy, they're enthusiasts who are dying to tell you what they know.  Good luck!

:seeya:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I keep a .45 pistol in my bedroom, and a .40 in the computer room since they're in opposite sides of the house and the areas I'm most likely to be.

LOL, I keep a MAC11 under the bed and a 9mm in the side table. A .38 in the side table on the other side of the bed. At least one handgun hidden in each room and two AR15s up stairs.

..and I'm in a pretty safe place in a gated neighborhood.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
LOL, I keep a MAC11 under the bed and a 9mm in the side table. A .38 in the side table on the other side of the bed. At least one handgun hidden in each room and two AR15s up stairs.

..and I'm in a pretty safe place in a gated neighborhood.

Then you're nutz!     :laugh:

....unless you've got a problem with the cable guy!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald