Author Topic: Hamas leader’s daughter receives medical care in Israel  (Read 512 times)

rangerrebew

Hamas leader’s daughter receives medical care in Israel
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:14:15 pm »

Hamas leader’s daughter receives medical care in Israel

Child treated for a week at Tel Aviv’s Ichilov Hospital, after complications during a procedure

By Marissa Newman and AP October 19, 2014, 9:31 pm 119

An Israeli hospital confirmed Sunday that it had treated the daughter of Hamas’s top leader in the Gaza Strip, weeks after a brutal war between Israel and the Islamist terror group.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email
 and never miss our top stories   Free Sign up!

Avi Shushan, a spokesman for Tel Aviv’s Ichilov Hospital, said the daughter of Ismail Haniyeh was hospitalized for “a number of days” this month. He did not disclose what she was treated for. 

A spokeswoman for the Israeli military also confirmed the hospital stay. Hamas officials were not immediately available for comment.

Israel and Hamas fought a fierce 50-day war this summer that killed more than 2,100 Palestinians, mostly civilians according to Palestinian sources, and 72 people on the Israeli side, mostly soldiers. Israel says half of the Gaza dead were Hamas and other gunmen.

Haniyeh’s daughter was treated in Israel following complications during a standard medical procedure in Gaza, Reuters reported Sunday.

Israeli authorities occasionally allow injured and ill Palestinians to leave the Gaza Strip and seek care at Israeli hospitals, and both Haniyeh’s mother-in-law and baby granddaughter were treated in Israel in the last year alone.

On June 3, Maj. Guy Inbar, an Israeli Defense Ministry spokesman, said the terror group leader’s mother-in-law, 68, was allowed to enter from the Gaza Strip to receive cancer treatment at a Jerusalem hospital. Last November, Haniyeh’s one-year-old granddaughter was evacuated to an Israeli hospital in critical condition, but was returned to her family in Gaza after her condition was deemed incurable, an Israeli military spokesman said. The girl later died of her condition.

Haniyeh, the former prime minister of Gaza — prior to the reconciliation with Fatah and the establishment of the unity government — has repeatedly called for Israel’s destruction, and refused on countless occasions to disarm.

During the summer conflict, Israel bombed Haniyeh’s Gaza home. The Hamas leader was not hurt in the raid.

Read more: Hamas leader's daughter receives medical care in Israel | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-leaders-daughter-said-to-receive-medical-care-in-israel/#ixzz3GsKErRmQ
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Hamas leader’s daughter receives medical care in Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:32:42 pm »
If something like that doesn't melt a man's heart, then there is no heart. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:09:16 pm »
If something like that doesn't melt a man's heart, then there is no heart.

I'll bet her father would kill the Dr.s in a heart beat if he had the chance.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:38:41 pm »
I'll bet her father would kill the Dr.s in a heart beat if he had the chance.

I'm betting daughter dearest won't be welcomed at the family hearth.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »
I wonder if Hamas was responsible for this baby girl's brutal murder

Infant Victim's Grandfather: Her Parents Waited Years for a Baby
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/186468#.VEg0tfnF8fV
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:53:51 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34