Author Topic: Ferguson on Knife Edge of More Violence After Grand Jury Evidence Leak Showing Struggle  (Read 1636 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/18/ferguson-on-knife-edge-of-more-violence-after-grand-jury-evidence-leak.html

Justin Glawe

Powder Keg
Ferguson on Knife Edge of More Violence After Grand Jury Evidence Leak Showing Struggle
A grand jury may decide not to indict the officer who shot Michael Brown. If that happens, Ferguson will explode again.

The Rev. Carlon Lee, pastor of Flood Christian Church in Ferguson, Mo., was sending out links to a New York Times story Friday night to friends, family and community members who have spent the last two months absorbed in the events surrounding the death of teenager Michael Brown. The story cited forensic evidence offered by federal officials that showed Brown’s blood on officer Darren Wilson’s uniform and gun, which was found to have been fired inside Wilson’s patrol car. Lee’s link came with a personal thought:

“If there has ever been a time to pray, this is it,” he told recipients of texts and emails.

There was really nothing new about the Times’ story—Wilson has maintained since day one that Brown was reaching for the officer’s gun, which led to a struggle ultimately ending in the teenager’s death. Now, though, evidence seen only by a St. Louis County grand jury has been made available for the world, including the residents of Ferguson.

“I believe that when people have received (the Times) article and see what’s going on it will infuriate people and set us back,” Lee said. “No matter what happened in (Wilson’s) car, Michael Brown’s hands were up. No matter if he beat the crap out of Officer Wilson, his hands were up—a universal sign of surrendering.”

All of that may not matter. Police are often given great leeway in determining whether or not to use lethal force, and are rarely indicted for doing so. That Brown may have had his hands up, and that he was shot six times, will likely be minor points for the grand jury weighing evidence that suggests a struggle inside Wilson’s car.

“If there’s a non-indictment I think you’ll see an immediate uproar. I don’t think people have seen the amount of unrest and anger that will come if there’s a non-indictment.”

Bradley Rayford, a photojournalist from St. Louis County who has ties with protesters and has been documenting the unrest there, was floored by the news of the leaked evidence when reached Friday night. Still, he didn’t think it would change much on the ground.

“The protesters didn’t believe Officer Wilson’s story in the first place, so they’re not going to believe this story,” Rayford said of the Times’ reporting.

In the immediate aftermath of Brown’s death protesters were first upset that authorities refused to release Wilson’s name. When his identity was revealed, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson also released to the press surveillance photos of Brown allegedly robbing a Ferguson convenience store. The move further enraged protesters and exacerbated relations between the community and law enforcement.

It’s impossible to tell whether the story being sent out by Lee on Friday night would result in increased action on the streets of Ferguson, but one thing, as it has all along, remains clear: If Wilson isn’t indicted chaos will once again reign.

“If there’s a non-indictment I think you’ll see an immediate uproar,” Lee said. “I don’t think people have seen the amount of unrest and anger that will come if there’s a non-indictment.”

If the evidence released Friday is any indication, both are inevitable.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

I have news for ya...well not for most of us here..................NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IT WILL BE A GUARANTEED POWDER KEG!!! You know the admin will release the info based on the political timing that helps them with that voter base.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The more evidence that comes out to support the cop's story, the more enraged the "public" becomes?  I think I see a fundamental problem here.  Makes me wish for more and bigger riots, in hopes the criminal element will kill each other off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The more evidence that comes out to support the cop's story, the more enraged the "public" becomes?  I think I see a fundamental problem here.  Makes me wish for more and bigger riots, in hopes the criminal element will kill each other off.

Eggsactly, CL!

On the plus side as far as minimizing the trouble, these 'mulignans' don't like to demonstrate and/or riot in cold weather.      :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Let the riot begins.  I need a 90 inch TV for my house.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mountaineer

Here's the NYT story referenced above:
Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, MATT APUZZO and JULIE BOSMANOCT. 17, 2014

WASHINGTON — The police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., two months ago has told investigators that he was pinned in his vehicle and in fear for his life as he struggled over his gun with Mr. Brown, according to government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation into the matter.

The officer, Darren Wilson, has told the authorities that during the scuffle, Mr. Brown reached for the gun. It was fired twice in the car, according to forensics tests performed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The first bullet struck Mr. Brown in the arm; the second bullet missed.

The forensics tests showed Mr. Brown’s blood on the gun, as well as on the interior door panel and on Officer Wilson’s uniform. Officer Wilson told the authorities that Mr. Brown had punched and scratched him repeatedly, leaving swelling on his face and cuts on his neck.

This is the first public account of Officer Wilson’s testimony to investigators, but it does not explain why, after he emerged from his vehicle, he fired at Mr. Brown multiple times. It contradicts some witness accounts, and it will not calm those who have been demanding to know why an unarmed man was shot a total of six times. Mr. Brown’s death continues to fuel anger and sometimes-violent protests. ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Even though we all know that Holder/Obama are driving this thing, even so, I would give them what they want. If the Black people of Ferguson are saying that they don't want any law enforcement. Then fine. OK. I will be just fine, no matter where I go.

If I was in Ferguson, I would be gone, gone, gone. Let them have it. Let them all kill each other. Makes no difference to me. Burn it down, baby, let it burn.

American Black people have a very bad habit of shitting in their own bed. Then they blame the White man why it smells so bad, and why they can't find a job, or food.

I say, let them have at it. If that is what they want.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Even though we all know that Holder/Obama are driving this thing, even so, I would give them what they want. If the Black people of Ferguson are saying that they don't want any law enforcement. Then fine. OK. I will be just fine, no matter where I go.

If I was in Ferguson, I would be gone, gone, gone. Let them have it. Let them all kill each other. Makes no difference to me. Burn it down, baby, let it burn.

American Black people have a very bad habit of shitting in their own bed. Then they blame the White man why it smells so bad, and why they can't find a job, or food.

I like your thinking.  We should just make Ferguson a big "No-go zone" and let them work it out amongst themselves, no cops.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I like your thinking.  We should just make Ferguson a big "No-go zone" and let them work it out amongst themselves, no cops.

Yes. And they would love it. They would steal everything in sight and burn the rest.

But, what good is a 72" TV, if there is nothing to watch. Who is going to run cable or install the satellite? What happens when there is no 911 to call? No water or electricity?

Like you said, let them work it out amongst themselves. They will figure it out. Sure they will.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

I agree wholeheartedly.

Let's treat Ferguson as Obama treats Iraq...and Israel/Hamas.

Let them kill each other.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Let them kill each other.

You do know they will blame Whitey for that too?  This is the White Man's Burden, Version 2014.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

You do know they will blame Whitey for that too?  This is the White Man's Burden, Version 2014.

"NOBODY BODDER ME!!"   {line from old Karate school commercial)

Offline GourmetDan

Blacks need to be policed and ruled by other blacks.

Like Africa, yeah...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"NOBODY BODDER ME!!"   {line from old Karate school commercial)

It worked during the Rodney King riots.  I know of people in that.  They knew, "Just leave it."
I will NOT comply.

Offline PzLdr

Back in '65 [?] when Lindsay was Mayor, we had a fairly big riot. The then fairly conservative "Daily News" had a front page photo of some guy carrying off a TV [no doubt to feed his starving family]. In the accompanying article, I recall Lindsay being quoted, in explaining his "no shoot" order that we didn't shoot people for stealing TVs. Ferguson is the end product of that thought process.

If they protest, fine. If they riot, all that's needed are a few MG 42s, sufficient ammo and proficient crews.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee