Author Topic: Holder Decision on Benghazi Case Reverberates  (Read 388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Holder Decision on Benghazi Case Reverberates
« on: October 18, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us/holder-decision-on-benghazi-case-reverberates.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpHeadline&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Holder Decision on Benghazi Case Reverberates

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDTOCT. 17, 2014

Marshals outside a Washington court for a hearing by Ahmed Abu Khattala, a suspect in the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya. Credit Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

WASHINGTON — Hours after learning that the United States ambassador to Libya and three others had been killed in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, 2012, senior American officials held a secure videoconference call to discuss how to proceed in investigating the attack.

The prosecutor on the call for the Justice Department was Zainab N. Ahmad, one of the department’s most respected national security lawyers. In less than a decade in the United States attorney’s office in Brooklyn, Ms. Ahmad had successfully overseen several high-profile prosecutions, working alongside the New York-based F.B.I. agents who were going to take the lead in investigating Benghazi.
Continue reading the main story

But as Ms. Ahmad began to build the case with the agents, other prosecutors in the Justice Department began quietly lobbying Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to take it over. Neil H. MacBride, the United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, which covers Northern Virginia, called a senior F.B.I. official in Washington to strategize about how they could land the case.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Holder Decision on Benghazi Case Reverberates
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:38:00 pm »
They don't call him Eric "The Red" for nothing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien