Author Topic: Upside-Down Flag Printed on Thousands of D.C. Voter Guides  (Read 356 times)

rangerrebew

Upside-Down Flag Printed on Thousands of D.C. Voter Guides
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:23:04 am »
Upside-Down Flag Printed on Thousands of D.C. Voter Guides

October 16, 2014 5:40 PM

UPDATED: Oct. 16, 2014 8:10 p.m.

LANHAM, Md. (WNEW/AP) — The District of Columbia’s Voter Guide looks a little off this election cycle. The guides, which are reportedly sent out to more than 300,000 residents, show the D.C. stars and bars upside-down.

Residents that received the pamphlet were quick to voice the mistake on social media.

The upside-down flag was also on the digital version on the D.C. Board of Elections website Thursday.

An elections official says the upside-down District flag printed on their official voter guide was a mistake.

Denise Tolliver, a spokeswoman for the D.C. Board of Elections, said Thursday it wasn’t a mistake but rather a deliberate attempt to engage voters after a low-turnout primary election in April. She says the idea was to ask voters to find the error and increase traffic on the board’s website.

The Washington Post reports that later Thursday, Executive Director Clifford Tatum told a D.C. Council member in an email that the upside-down flag was in fact an error.

But D.C. Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie issued a statement Thursday evening disagreeing with that claim.

“I am sorely disappointed by the mistakes printed in the 2014 General Election Voter’s Guide. This is yet another example of the type of glaring mistakes that continues to occur,” McDuffie said.

McDuffie is calling on the city to audit the election board.

Take our poll below to tell us what you think about the upside-down flag:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/10/16/upside-down-flag-printed-on-thousands-of-d-c-voter-guides/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:23:44 am by rangerrebew »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Upside-Down Flag Printed on Thousands of D.C. Voter Guides
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 12:10:58 pm »
An upside down flag means distress, doesn't it?  Sounds correct to me. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »
An upside down flag means distress, doesn't it?  Sounds correct to me.

It isn't an American flag, it's the DC flag, which I have no idea if it's upside down or not.  I always assumed the flag was a picture of a septic tank.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 04:03:08 pm »
I won't fly my American flag here anymore. Yet have thought about flying it upside down a few times.