Author Topic: [BREAKING] Second Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola  (Read 1404 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Second Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

A second Texas health care worker who provided care for Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan, has tested positive for the virus in preliminary check, officials said early Wednesday - the third known case of the disease in the United States.

The worker reported a fever Tuesday and was immediately isolated at the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, state health officials said in a statement. Confirmatory testing will be carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

"Health officials have interviewed the latest patient to quickly identify any contacts or potential exposures, and those people will be monitored," the Texas Department of State Health Services said. "The type of monitoring depends on the nature of their interactions and the potential they were exposed to the virus."

The worker was among those who took care of Thomas Eric Duncan, who died a week ago after he was diagnosed with Ebola earlier this month. The first Texas Health Presbyterian nurse to become infected, Nina Pham, said in a statement Tuesday that she was "doing well" and grateful for her care.

Ebola is spread through direct contact with bodily fluids of a sick person or exposure to contaminated objects such as needles. People are not contagious before symptoms such as fever develop.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/second-texas-health-care-worker-tests-positive-ebola-n226161

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:49:02 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: [BREAKING] Second Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:30:40 pm »
And we have sent 4000 military personnel to West Africa.  4000 potential carriers bring Ebola back with them.   Are we mad?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:56:26 pm »
Is this one the same one that flew from Cleveland, or another?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:46 pm »
Is this one the same one that flew from Cleveland, or another?

This is the same one.  The second health care worker who has been diagnosed.

Instead of "monitoring" her, they let her go to Cleveland, spend time there, and fly back to Dallas while infected with Ebola.

This entire administration is made up of idiots, and they're putting us ALL at risks because they are CLUELESS.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:26:33 pm »
This is the same one.  The second health care worker who has been diagnosed.

Instead of "monitoring" her, they let her go to Cleveland, spend time there, and fly back to Dallas while infected with Ebola.

This entire administration is made up of idiots, and they're putting us ALL at risks because they are CLUELESS.

I don't think this is out of cluelessness.  I think they're exposing the rest of the country on purpose.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 07:28:31 pm »
I don't think this is out of cluelessness.  I think they're exposing the rest of the country on purpose.

I wouldn't argue with that a bit.

btw, I mentioned on another thread that there is a news conference going on now from Akron.  She visited family in Tallmadge, and there is at least one person under quarantine there now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:32:30 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32:05 pm »

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 07:44:48 pm »

I couldn't agree more. Look at the actions, or inactions of the administration. I maintain this is an attempt to force the US medical community to deal with the problem.

I live near Akron, in the blue part of Ohio. I wonder how this will affect voting patterns?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:52:54 pm »
There is a theory going around (I believe it, and I bet just about everybody reading this does too) that the Ebola Zaire is being deliberately spread around the US because that's the only way to bring the best medical system to bear on the pandemic in Africa.  Yes, that's right:  The medical system that has been denigrated by Democrats for years as the shoddiest health care system on the planet.  That one. 

Because we're racist, and Bush hates black people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 07:53:57 pm »
Update:  Amber Vinson was in Tallmadge for FIVE days.  She is being transported from Dallas to Emory Hospital in Atlanta today.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:58:23 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 07:55:29 pm »
I couldn't agree more. Look at the actions, or inactions of the administration. I maintain this is an attempt to force the US medical community to deal with the problem.

I live near Akron, in the blue part of Ohio. I wonder how this will affect voting patterns?

You take care, Relic.

I have family both in Kent and in Cuyahoga Falls, but haven't talked with any of them yet.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 08:02:30 pm »
At the request of a old flame, I offered to pick up her brother at Reagan airport in Washington, DC at 5PM.  He's flying in from his home in Trinidad-Tobago  St. Thomas for his scheduled series of chemotherapy or some sort of testing for his 'inactive' cancer.

After reading the threads this afternoon, I'm suddenly wondering..."What the hell was I thinking"?   **nononono*

BTW...that 2nd nurse was flying to Cleveland regarding her planned future wedding.  You can be sure that if her intended was waiting for her in Cleveland...that HE'S the one that now in quarantine.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:04:52 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 08:03:16 pm »
You take care, Relic.

I have family both in Kent and in Cuyahoga Falls, but haven't talked with any of them yet.

We have an emergency meeting tomorrow morning at work. It's time to stock up on non parishables and water.

If you look at it from Obama's world view, this all makes perfect sense. Ebola has been around since 1979, and the Western countries haven't done enough. So, he's forcing our hand. As a side benefit, there's some population control, and bringing the US further down. The mid-term is immaterial, it's already lost, so Obama is free to do as he pleases. We all wondered what he'd do when he no longer had to worry about elections, here we go.

The only glimmer of hope I've seen is some of the Obama friendly media is turning on him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 08:13:04 pm »
Press conference on now from Kent State.   Can you imagine how scary this is for the students and their families?  (My nephew is a Kent State employee).

I'm completely on the same page with you about Obama's doing this deliberately...... or at least letting it 'happen' deliberately.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 11:17:17 pm »
How long will the Ebola pandemic be such that it could serve as THE catalyst to bring Martial Law?

Only a few weeks ago, my opinion that it could happen was fluffed off as another one of my "wild conspiracy theories".

Doesn't seem so "wild" now, IMO.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 12:59:24 pm »
Update: The plane Amber was on never flew to Atlanta.  It has been quarantined and is in a hangar in Denver.