Author Topic: Map: Current Ebola Outbreak  (Read 792 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Map: Current Ebola Outbreak
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:28:37 am »
To be fair, add the African hot zones to this, and all the EU and US rankings wouldn't look like a pin pr*ck on the chart. Also, the US numbers are off because several of the numbers did not contract it here but came here for treatment. The US 'outbreak' numbers are actually low, one nurse and her boyfriend (possibly). The other cases didn't contract it here.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:30:31 am by AbaraXas »

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:37:54 am »
To be fair, add the African hot zones to this, and all the EU and US rankings wouldn't look like a pin pr*ck on the chart. Also, the US numbers are off because several of the numbers did not contract it here but came here for treatment. The US 'outbreak' numbers are actually low, one nurse and her boyfriend (possibly). The other cases didn't contract it here.

Since the data is erroneous and misleading, please ask a moderator to delete.  Or if you delete your post, I can then delete the original topic.  Don't wish to post irrelevant information,  thanks.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 02:58:09 am »
I have requested thread to be deleted. Nothing else I can do.  Thanks for your help.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 03:01:07 am »
Since the data is erroneous and misleading, please ask a moderator to delete.  Or if you delete your post, I can then delete the original topic.  Don't wish to post irrelevant information,  thanks.

To be fair, it isn't your mistake, it is the site you pulled it from. I think discussing how this is being presented is a fair discussion. Blogs like that are driving up fear. It is sensationalism. You still have a greater chance of being killed by a falling coconut than Ebola, especially in the US. I think there are more cases of spontaneous human combustion in the US than Ebola. If you watch the news and listen to politicians, however, you would think entire cities were dropping dead.

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 03:16:14 am »
To be fair, it isn't your mistake, it is the site you pulled it from. I think discussing how this is being presented is a fair discussion. Blogs like that are driving up fear. It is sensationalism. You still have a greater chance of being killed by a falling coconut than Ebola, especially in the US. I think there are more cases of spontaneous human combustion in the US than Ebola. If you watch the news and listen to politicians, however, you would think entire cities were dropping dead.

Fair enough.  But I see some benefit (although minimal) of showing the incidents in Europe and the US.  Surprising is that Mexico is unaffected so far.  But if/when it is, the situation will be difficult.